oppa

Dancing in the Rain

"So everyone pick a partner and start stretching!" Professor Yeon said.

Minho looked around the room for a partner, but someone grabbed his arm. He whipped his head around. 

"Oppaa~ You'll be my partner right?" Hyosung said, with aegyo. Minho cringed at her overly baby-like voice.

"We're the same age so I'm not your 'oppa'.." MInho started to say, but then he noticed a few girls about to approach him and offer to be his partner. He realized being with Hyosung would be easier. 

"Okay fine, I'll be your partner," he replied. Hyosung smiled and linked her arm through his, acting shy. Minho briefly glanced over to the direction of the new freshman dancer. She was definitely pretty, but she looked too..fierce. Not really his type. 

********************

Taecyeon approached the girl quickly. She was lacing up her dark running shoes. As she bent down, her loose, wavy hair fell into her face. When he arrived in front of her, she looked up, her brown eyes big and questioning. Her expression then turned from confusion, to processing, then finally, to recognition. 

"You.." she began to say, but Taecyeon cut her off.

"Let's not argue over who was right and wrong before. Let's just clear everything."

She thought for a few seconds then smiled cutely. "Okay, call!"

Taecyeon grinned. "You don't seem to have a partner, so hi, I'm Ok Taecyeon, second-year performing arts." He extended his hand. 

She was cautious for about a second then smiled and shook his hand. 

"I'm Krystal Jung. First-year dance."

"First-year huh? Well, I'm your sunbae, by...how old are you by the way? As your one-day partner, I have a right to know."

"I am a freshman, 'sunabe-nim'~" Krystal said, bowing playfully. Taecyeon grinned. She was funny in a cute way. She was like the little sister he'd never had.

"So," Taecyeon said, "why is your name english? Are you from the states?" Krystal nodded. 

"San Francisco."

Just then, Professor Yeon clapped her hands. "Everyone must be done stretching by now, I want everyone to look up here! I'm going to invite people up to dance improv to random music. It's an easy exercise of expressing yourselves and applying your techniques quickly." She glanced around the room and saw Krystal say something to Taecyeon. "I see one pair has already made introductions! Since you are so warmed up already, I'll start with you two!"

Krystal and Taecyeon looked up. All eyes were on them. Minho looked over at Taecyeon curiously and Hyosung suspiciously. 

"Starting with.." Professor Yeon glanced back and forth, "..Ok Taecyeon!" 

Taecyeon looked up sheepishly but walked up to the front anyhow. Half of the girls in the class had major crushes on him- the other half had major crushes on Minho. Eyes followed him and practically shot hearts out at him. The music . Luckily for him, it was hip-hop. 

He danced some freestyle, showing off a bit partly because of his fangirls and partly because of Krystal. He didn't like her as a girl or anything, but for some reason, she felt different, and he wanted her approval. 

When his short dance ended, applause spilled out. Taecyeon looked at Krystal. Krystal gave him a small half-smile and a cute thumbs-up. Taecyeon grinned. 

Now it was Krystal's turn. She got up and she stood in the front, with all the girls watching her carefully, scrutinizing her. Finally the music began. It was fast, unexpectedly. It was pop dance, and a fast-tempo at that. The class watched as Krystal quickly found the beat and began dancing. 

Her body moved smoothly, quickly, powerfully. It flowed with the music, and almost hard to believe that it was improvised. Her techniques were perfect, and her moves were graceful yet powerful. 

She was amazing, and everyone knew it. 

When the music stopped, she calmly walked back to her spot, unaware of the awed, envious or shocked reactions around her. Taecyeon looked at her again, amazed. 

"What?" Krystal asked. 

"You're good." was all Taec could manage out. Krystal nudged his arm playfully. 

"Thanks, but too bad dancing can't get me some friends." Taecyeon realized that the competitive girls here probably didn't like her: for her beauty, her talent, her passion. 

"Hey," he said randomnly, "you wanna be my dong-seng? I'll be your oppa."

Krystal smiled, "sure. But you have to beat up anyone who bothers me okay?"

"Of course!" Taecyeon rolled up his sleeves and pretended to looked fierce. Krystal laughed. 

"Okay, then since you're my oppa, you can have the special privilege of calling me what only my closest friends call me- Soojung."

"Is it your Korean name?" Taec said, "it's puurty~"

"Thanks,...oppa."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So I know I haven't updated for a while- I've been really busy!! I will most likely be able to update another chapter by this weekend :) i hope this one was okay :P comments and subscribe please!!!! :D