Nice to Meet You

Nice to Meet You

Kyu Hyun leaned back on the chair and listened to the stage director talked about the stage design and run of schedule of his upcoming concert. Jung Su was also there in the meeting room. He never missed anything related to Kyu Hyun’s singing career. At the end of the stage director’s explanation, everyone was given a chance to state their own opinions on what could be further improved for the concert.

“Add in Paris for my world tour,” Kyu Hyun spoke.

“Paris? But there isn’t much request from your fans in Paris,” Jung Su told Kyu Hyun.

“I plan to have my holiday there after the concert,” Kyu Hyun said.

“For how long?” Jung Su asked.

“A month,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“Araso. I’ll arrange your schedule,” Jung Su responded. Even if Kyu Hyun didn’t say it out, he would also ask him to leave the country for a while and go somewhere else for vacation. These few years, he had been working hard as a singer and musical actor. Sometimes, Jung Su didn’t understand why Kyu Hyun suddenly chose to work so hard. But when he found out the reason behind it, he didn’t stop him.

After the meeting, Kyu Hyun drove his own car to a private lounge called ‘Ocean’ which is situated in Cheondamdong. The owner of ‘Ocean’ is Lee Sung Min who was once a musical actor but quitted the industry after getting married three years ago. They met through a musical performance four years ago and since then have been keeping in touch. Though Sung Min is older than Kyu Hyun, Kyu Hyun never treats Sung Min as an older brother, but rather as a younger brother.

“Hyung,” Kyu Hyun greeted Sung Min when he walked into ‘Ocean’.

“What do you want to drink?” Sung Min asked Kyu Hyun when he sat down at the bar.

“Hyung decide,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“Gin and tonic then,” Sung Min decided for him. “Still no news?”

“If someone tries to hide from you, you’ll never find her,” Kyu Hyun smiled bitterly. “Besides, I never try to look for her. I just wish that someday we’ll meet again.”

Sung Min knew about the truth behind Kyu Hyun and Victoria’s relationship when Kyu Hyun once got really drunk and told him everything. He felt bad for both of them but he understood why Victoria is tired. Dating a celebrity would ruin your peaceful life when the reporters tried everything they could to reveal your relationship. That is why he chose to quit being a musical actor once he got married. His wife was his junior back in university and is just a normal woman. He didn’t want his family being disturbed by the reporters all the time and thus chose to leave his favourite job and started a private lounge.

“You will,” Sung Min told Kyu Hyun.

***********************************************************************************************

Victoria was on the street alone when someone bumped into her. She didn’t take a look at whoever bumped into her because she was heading back to her apartment to send her latest completed novel to Chang Min. The person that bumped into Victoria took of his sunglass and stared at her back for a long while.

“Victoria?” Jong Hyun murmured the name he had never forgotten over the past five years. He took out his phone and called Kyu Hyun. “Is it true that you are having a concert in Paris?”

“Yes, why?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“Guess who I’ve just met in Paris?” Jong Hyun asked him.

“I don’t know,” Kyu Hyun replied. He wasn’t into the guessing game.

“Judging that you’re not interested at all, I’ll let you find out that surprise by yourself when you come to Paris,” Jong Hyun told him.

“Boring,” Kyu Hyun said and ended up the call.

Jong Hyun’s lip curved upwards. He put on his sunglass again and walked towards the opposite direction from where Victoria headed to. He started to imagine Kyu Hyun’s reaction when he realised the person he missed so much all these years is in Paris.

‘Good luck my friend.’

A/N: New update~ Received my semester 1 results today. Overall, I'm about 70% satisfied? But there's one more subject's result hasn't been released yet. Semester 2 is starting next Monday but I won't be going hiatus unless it's really necessary to do so. And I felt bad for Victoria when she said in 'Jessica&Krystal' show about her concern for not being able to get married. Vic unnie, it's okay, you can have Kyu Hyun >.< Oh! And early Happy Birthday to Heenim~Enjoy reading~Annyong~