Nice to Meet You

Nice to Meet You

Kyu Hyun waited for Victoria outside her apartment. He had been thinking about what Victoria said to him that day after Jong Hyun’s birthday party. He knew that he would not be willing to let her go. After days of thinking, he finally realised the real reason why he is not willing to let go of Victoria. He loves her. He had fallen in love with the girl who enjoys being in her own little world, without being interrupted by anyone else. He decided to confess with her and make her stay with him.

“Morning,” Kyu Hyun greeted Victoria when she entered his car.

“Morning,” Victoria greeted him back. “What event are we attending today?”

“We’re not attending any event today,” Kyu Hyun replied.

“Then why did you ask me out?” Victoria asked him. “I’m working on my new novel.”

“There’s something I want to tell you,” Kyu Hyun pulled over at the roadside. “I love you.”

“It’s not April Fool today,” Victoria responded. “Your joke isn’t funny at all.”

“I’m not joking,” Kyu Hyun stared at her. There isn’t any sense of joke in his tone. “I didn’t know when it started but I’m sure that I’m in love with you.”

“Look, I don’t know what game are you playing but I’m not joining you,” Victoria said. She didn’t believe that someone like Kyu Hyun would actually fall for her. This kind of story happened in her novel but she’s a realistic and never believes this kind of story would happen in real life. Also, they started out as a fake couple to get rid of the reporters. So, she honestly believed that Kyu Hyun was just joking or playing some games with her.

“Victoria, I’m being serious,” Kyu Hyun said. “I’m sorry if I ruined your day. I’ll send you back home. But I hope you can give an answer soon.”

Victoria didn’t even say goodbye to Kyu Hyun when she stepped out from his car. When she walked into her apartment, she went into her bedroom and lay on her bed. She didn’t know what to do. She looked at her phone before deciding to call Chang Min. After listening to Victoria’s words, Chang Min asked her, “What about you? Do you love him?”

“I don’t know,” Victoria replied.

“Do you like being with him?” Chang Min asked another question.

“When we were alone, yes but when with his friends, no,” Victoria was confused as well. She wrote lots of love novels but when it came the time to deal with relationship in her life, she didn’t know how to react to it. The last time someone confessed to her was when she was in junior high school. Of course they didn’t end up together because she was totally clueless about dating back then.

“I think you already know the answer,” Chang Min told her. “But you are afraid.”

Victoria didn’t say anything to reply Chang Min’s words because he is right. She was afraid. It’s not about the fans, about their background, about their identities but her past which haunted her for years. And that is yet another reason why she never dates anyone until she has to act as Kyu Hyun’s fake girlfriend.

“Not every man is the same,” Chang Min said after a long while of silence. “Give it a try. If it really doesn’t work then you can quit.”

“Love isn’t a game. It’s not up to your call to be in or out,” Victoria told Chang Min.

“Then what are you going to do now?” Chang Min questioned her.

“I don’t know,” Victoria replied.

“If you feel tired to continue this act, I can tell Jung Su hyung about it,” Chang Min said.

“I’m tired,” Victoria responded.

“I know what to do,” Chang Min understood the meaning of her words. She is tired to play the role of Kyu Hyun’s girlfriend. She wanted her normal life back. As her best friend, the least he could do for her is fulfilling her wish. 

A/N: Please don't hate me for this chapter. >.< It's a must-go-through for the future. And finally f(x) is having their comeback~ I've been waiting for their comeback since they concluded 'Rum Pum Pum Pum'. I can't wait for Victoria's teasers! And my last paper is done last Tuesday and am currently enjoying my semester break before Semester 2 starts on 14th of July. But I'm going to look for a part time job on Monday to be less productive during this semester break. So wish me luck for looking for a job~ Annyong and enjoy this new chapter~