One Fine Day

One Minute, One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I trudged towards the wooden-metal bench in which I think was made froma very uncommon old finetree. It's so sleek and it doesn't seem like it could be easily break down in just one knock. Actually, this one looks as if a treasured vintage bench and it’s supposed to not to be here, in the midst of park where heat coming from the sun is everywhere.

 

The walk I just had was exhausting. I admit. It made me pant like I’m running out of breath and I need an oxygen, literally, in order for me to in air normally. And the heat, you couldn’t imagine, it feels like I was set on fire, like I’ve been grilling and soon enough will turn out like a roasted chicken. Imagine the skin burn? I don’t think I want that. But I’m not trying to be a princess-wannabe either. I mean, the one acting like a goddess. Simply that.

 

 But I like it! I truly do. In fact, I enjoyed roaming around the countryside. The wind is just really fresh and cool. It feels too delicate as it damps on my flesh. Looking up the sky, I can see the birds flying freely and happily in the air. You would hear some were chirping while taking a cool under the shade of the trees. And the sky itself, it was perfectly painted in waves of blue and white while the sun is shining so brightly. Everything at the moment just seems so perfect and right. If feels so refreshing. A perfect healing day for me. I definitely love this!

 

“Yah!” Someone suddenly yelled interrupting me in trance. “You’re way too unfair you know!”

I smirked looking up at the person as it finally reached me. “Why? So it’s my fault now that you’re such a slowpoke?” I pretended to cough a little. “Excuse me but I think you’re forgetting something here,” I tried to sound smug as I can.

 

“But you fooled me!” she protested.

 

I think I forgot to mention, I was actually with someone. The thing is, we were hiking but something happened. The mischievous me kicked in out of the blue. And remembering what happened just earlier really makes me want to burst laughing out loud.

 

“Oh my gosh!” I gasped clamping my hands on my mouth. “What was that?”

 

A frown instantly decorated her face. Obviously, she was being confused for my sudden weird behavior. “What are you talking about?”

 

With my eyes wide in astonishment, I pointed at the back of her. “I think I saw a red stain…” I mumbled.

 

Looking by her expression now, I can say that it was truly priceless! “What?! Rered stain? You mean… blood?” Her eyes were wider than the normal shock reaction, if that’s even possible. But really. “Oh my gosh! This can’t be happening! It’s too embarrassing! Aish!  I have to buy a pad at the nearest convenience store!” After her somewhat frustrated-slash-panicky mode, she run off fast as she can. “I’ll be right back!” She managed to holler.

 

And the smirk automatically decorated my face. How triumph I felt I am! I didn’t know she could be easily tricked. Hah! I guess I’m really a good actress then. I might as well receive either a plaque for being the best actress or for being the best ploy. How about that? Meh.

 

“Bye Miyoung! I’ll go ahead now!” I howled even if she’s way too far from me already. But knowing that girl, I know she heard that. Or maybe not. But I know she has this ability to hear things even from a far distant, just like my dad.

 

And to double confirm, I sent her a text message: Congratulations Son Miyoung! You’re officially tricked by Sandy Woo. Claim your prize at the usual park you two have always been to. See you!

 

The latter took the seat next to me as she gulped almost all the water in the bottle before turning to me with furrowed eyebrows. “Aish! And what now? Are you going to rattle on again about your excellence in track-and-field? Please…. You’re sickening me, Sandy Woo! I already know that, okay?”

 

“Well… good for you. So now you don’t say I’m unfair, Son Miyoung. I told you so, you must start lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter