Loving Arms

One Minute, One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               That day, at the train station, the place was totally packed with people. Different individuals were doing their own businesses here and there. Say for instance, if you turn your head to your right, you would see a group of people chatting and laughing like they own the world. If you would just actually listen to your surroundings, joyful voices will fill your ears up.

               But I, on the other hand, was the only one who seemed pretty lonely. Only my breathing could be heard. But I don’t care. It’s not like I can’t live without having any company. One way or another, it would really happen. So why prolong it? Practice makes perfect, they said.

               When the train, my ride back home, was finally insight, I stood up from the bench where I was seated. I, then, gathered up my luggage and headed inside.

               Like the usual, I took the seat at the right side of the train, beside the windowpane, my favourite spot and my comfort zone for some odd reason.

               Just one negative effect of being alone was that I always tend to think about things. Even if I did not intend to, it would just happen. I guess it just really comes natural, well… to me. Sound strange, wasn’t it? Whatever! Well… if only I could use some distraction, maybe I wouldn’t think deeply.

               Now that I mentioned about my unusual habit, my mind started to roam about that thing again. I mean, what just happened was a total shock to me.

               What was that thing they were actually keeping from me? Why can’t they just tell me straight away? Why do they have to do this to me? Would it kill them if they tell me? Would it kill me?

               If they were to put on my shoes, like seriously, I’m sure they wouldn’t like it even a bit. Of course they wouldn’t like people—not to mention, the very important ones—hiding things from them.

               You know how it feels? It feels like a thousand daggers being stabbed straight on your chest. It was like they were betraying you, like you really have no one but yourself, like no one really loves you nor even cares about you. It totally feels like you just wanted to sleep forever because nothing even matters any longer. Forever alone to put in simple words.

               It perfectly hurts. They didn’t know how it feels like. Maybe all they know was that how sorry they were. But being sorry isn’t enough! A sorry is never enough.

 

               “Sandy?” A voice whispered very softly in my ear as this someone caressed my hair tenderly. “Don’t give up on us, okay? Because I will never give up on you so I want you to do the same as well. Please? And… do always remember that you mean so much to me and I will never be able to live without you in my life.” And slowly, I felt warm arms tightened around me with my cheeks pressed on this someone’s chest.

That was the moment I felt so safe and loved, like no one can ever hurt me as long as he’s there.

But I’m not very sure who was sitting beside me. I mean I’d fallen asleep before the train could totally start its journey. So I totally have no idea who was the person right next to me at this moment.

               But, it doesn’t matter at all. What I know is I love the way he said my name. It was so soft, gentle and careful. It makes me feel like I’m a very expensive fragile vase that he would never want to be touched by any one, and that he would do everything to protect me and keep me whole. He makes me feel very special.

And his words, what he just said, were totally something I’ve never heard before. All of them, each word, I know they only belong to me. It was the first time and I never thought I would hear something as this even in my wildest dream. That was totally heart melting! I can feel the sincerity of his every word. He was totally being ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter