Unexpected

One Minute, One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               It was as if it was a magic, like a total déjà vu, I just suddenly felt water slowly dripping down from my forehead down to my cheeks then to chin and the rest could go on. I can’t exactly tell where it was coming from. I don’t have any idea either why there was water in the first place. One minute I was all surprised staring at some good-looking guy and then another minute water just started to pour itself on my face making my vision blurry. Sounds too weird huh?

               Moments later, I felt hands gripped on both my shoulders and thereafter, started shaking me vehemently, like there’s no tomorrow any longer.

               “Yah!” the shaking continuously rolls on with an awful shout. “Do I even have to slap you? Open your damn eyes now, Sandy! Why are you such a heavy sleeper?” And I heard that person groaned.

               “If you don’t open your freaking eyes right this instant, I swear, I’ll give you a nice good morning slap square on the face.” Her voice sounded so stern but I can tell, this is really a bad threat. I know it really is. But I also know that people would sometimes just take it for granted because they think it’s just a mere threat. But with this girl, by the way she uttered every words, you should not just ignore it.

               Before I could ever feel a palm planted on either my cheeks, my eyes automatically opened. Sunlight instantly stricken my eyesight reason for me to squint my eyes a little bit.

               “Wow! Finally!” She beamed in a sarcastic way. “Now will you explain to me why did you sleep here instead inside?” then she put both her hands on her waist. She sounded really strict.“Have you gone crazy now and you decided to sleep here when you know its frigging cold mostly at night time?”

               I yawned a bit as I straightened up from my slightly lying position. I feel like a zombie right now. “You sounds like mom.” I commented nonchalantly as I lightly rubbed my dizzy eyes.

               “Whatever! I’m not your mom.” She rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. “So….?”

               This girl wouldn’t really make it pass huh! “Alright, I had a hard time sleeping last night. So I went here with a cup of hot chocolate. Then I saw a cat and just started to reminisce things.” I told her my story as concise as it is. Not in the mood to talk. Like… duh! “The next thing I knew, you just poured water on me and now I’m kinda wet! I don’t even know that I totally fell asleep here. In my dreams, I’m standing in front of that gate,” I pointed to where the gate is.“…at the middle of the night, seeing someone I did not expect at all.”

               I’m really surprised with the sudden turn of happenings. I thought I’m really seeing that guy. I thought he really appeared last night. I was so shocked that I didn’t even know what to do nor what to say. I can clearly remember myself being so stationary at that very spot, being not able to utter any word the moment I opened the gate with him standing in front. It didn’t occur to me that maybe it was just all a dream. I thought I was just hallucinating or something. Okay, I know its just both almost the same. But still... there's a difference with a mere dream and hallucination.

               And it’s a good thing now that it all ended up just a mere dream.

               At some point, it’s amusing as well. I mean, how did that happen? As far as I can remember, I’m just sitting relaxingly with the cat lying on my lap as my hand her fluffy fur and my other hand holding the cup of hot chocolate. I just had some reminiscing. I didn’t even know I already fell asleep in the process. I seriously did not notice myself falling into slumber. It feels so surreal!

               But maybe it was just really because of the hot chocolate. It’s decaffeinated and I can tell the fact that the effect of hot chocolate to me is just really strong that it can knock me down in a matter of minute or so. And yes, I always do it. I mean, whenever I feel like I’m having an insomnia, I’ll just drink a cup of hot chocolate and voila! Before I know it, I’m already having the time of my life in dreamland. And that’s what probably happened to me.

               But what if it was actually true? What if that really happened? What am I supposed to do or to say? Am I supposed to be happy or to be shocked and continuously ask myself for the whole day why? This is so confusing! But… it’s just whatever!

 

               Later after lunch, Miyoung and I just decided to stay indoor while grandma was at the kitchen—as always—baking brownies. That’s what she said. And grandpa, on the other hand, were spending his time on his favorite hang-out place, the library. And yes, there’s a small room in the house that contains only books and thousands of books. Grandpa loves reading for where I inherited that habit.

               “This is boring.” Miyoung suddenly spoke, break

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter