Confused

One Minute, One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               For the whole time we’d watched the movie, the three of us only remained silent. As in complete dead air. Except for the sounds of the movie itself of course.

 I do not know what exactly happened. But I could feel some uncomfortable tension being placed between the three of us.

Recalling neither what had happened earlier, I’m pretty sure we did not argue nor whatsoever. We entered the house and sat on the couch for the whole two hours as we’d watched the movie. Other than that, no words were being exchanged. We’ve just watched in silence. That was what had happened.

But I knew, according to my intuition, there was really something else building up as the three of us sat next to each other. Even though grandma appeared in the picture, gave us her delicious brownies as snacks, tried to pull a joke, but I could tell there was really something that we couldn’t exactly comprehend why we were being edgy and whatnot.

No one even dared to speak a word. I mean, to explain the whole situation why Zelo was here in the first place; why Miyoung was acting as if she’d known him already since forever. It was just really too confusing on my part.

“So……” Miyoung started, as if feeling awkward at the moment. “Uhm… the movie’s finished now! I guess we could watch another movie? Are you guys up for it?” she tried to sound cheerful though.

Zelo took a somewhat uneasy glance at her and then at me. “It’s fine with me.”

“No.” I simply retorted.

“No?! What?! Why?” Miyoung exclaimed as a frown formed on her face.

“You guys do know what I’m talking about.”

“We do?” They asked in unison. At that, they quickly exchanged gazes, as if totally surprised.

“You guys have lots of explaining to do. Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about.”

“But,” Miyoung grimaced a bit as she took a side glance at Zelo. “…we really don’t know what you’re talking about!”

I’m not a fool not to notice that kind of glance that the both of them gave towards each other. Those looks were as if trying to say… what are we gonna do? We’re in trouble!

“You know me better, Miyoung. You cannot hide things from me.” I sternly said.

I saw Miyoung heaved a deep sighed. I already sensed what that means. They were caught off guard. And I am damn right with what my instincts have said.

As she was about to open and say something I’m longing to hear, my phone suddenly rings. Nice timing. Great!

I immediately stood up as I picked up my phone. “Wait a minute, I’ve got to get this.”

I went outside for some privacy. “Hello?”

“Sandy,” my mom started. “I have something to tell you.” As she said it, this immediately sent shiver down my spine. I could strongly sense a bad news coming. This was not good.

There was a bit long pause before I heard my mom sighed and started to speak again. “You have to go back.”  She finally announced. “Immediately.” She added.

 

Later that afternoon, Daehyun came. He seems too lively and excited for some strange reason. But he immediately noticed the awkward moment we were at as he entered the room. His enthusiasm abruptly faded.

“Okay…? What’s wrong with you guys?” He looked at each of us with a bewildered look.

“Nothing. Nothing’s wrong with us!” Zelo quickly said with an idle smile.

“Yeah! That’s true! We’re all fine!” Miyoung agreed.

“Then why were you all silent and…” Daehyun wasn’t even finished yet when I suddenly interrupted him with what he was about to say.

“That’s because we are really having a difficult play here called Tell me the truth.” I made it sound nonchalant as possible as it was.

My statement was a big perplexity for Daehyun. Just by looking at him, you would already know he was all mystified. He looks like he wants to say something, rather, ask something but he cannot find a way how he was supposed to open his mouth. I mean, he was just too baffled that he cannot even find the right words to say or where he would start.

I’ve decided that I would redo my statement and make it more precise. This was not getting any sense, I should just stop this thingy called beat around the bush, I realized.

As I was about to speak, Miyoung already beat me up to it. “The truth is… we’re… we have something to tell her.” She stuttered, too obvious she was very hesitant and uneasy.

But that did not happen, ever.

Daehyun seemed like he'd figured

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter