07

Always Be Here

 . I was late for school. It’s because I barely got some sleep. I was texting with Jinri until 1 AM and stared at Jonghyun’s text until 2 AM. I didn’t know what I should type to reply his text. I tried to compose a text and ended up deleted it. I did the same thing like a thousand times. Finally I pressed send button at 2 AM with a reply.

Yeah sure I’ll tell them.

And don’t ask me what I was talking with the crazy eonnie. She’s like losing her mind when it comes to teasing me. I was walking out from my class when I heard Tetsu and Ayumi voice called me. I faced them with sleepy face and of course they asked me about dark circles under my eyes.

“Come on Yaejin! Don’t make anymore excuse. You have to hang out with us this time.” Ayumi tugged my shirt and Tetsu, he just nodded.

“Ayumi please. Can you just let me sleep? I’m deadly tired,” I pleaded even though I knew it wouldn’t work on her. She dragged me to our favorite café. I ordered green tea milkshake and listened blankly at Ayumi and Tetsu conversation. I almost fell asleep when my phone vibration startled me. A message. My eyes widen as I saw who the sender is. I even suppressed my mouth to avoid any yelp out from my mouth. And fortunately Ayumi and Tetsu were so into the conversation until oblivious with my reaction. I didn’t have any guts to open it in front of them. How if they’re suspicious with my reaction and ask me what’s happening. I hate lying to them.

“Hm.. guys, can I go home first? My mom asked me to buy something for dinner. Hm?” I made an excuse. Ayumi stared at me with suspicious eyes.

“Really?”

“Hm. Can I go now? We’ll catch up after exam. Ok?” She let out sighed and finally said yes to me. I went home with shaking hand holding my cell phone. As soon as I reached my room, I opened his text. My heart skipped a bit.

Thank you. And this is the photo I promised you. Better right? I took it as soon as I reached Korea. Make sure to change your wallpaper with it. And it’ll be nice if you send me a photo as prove after you changed it kekeke. It’s an exclusive photo anyway.

And there’s a photo. Jonghyun wore black sleeveless shirt with messy hair. He smiled widely showing off his dimples. And yeah, his pimples were clearly there. I’ve never seen this photo before. To make sure, I checked my photos collection. Jonghyun didn’t lie to me. It’s an exclusive photo. I jumped on my bed because of happiness. I changed my wallpaper and took screen capture of it. I sent it to him. Worriedly I waited for his reply. Not until 10 minutes, his reply came.

Wow! I didn’t expect it will be that good. I’m surely handsome. Thank you little Yaejin! J

Little Yaejin? Oh God. What happen to him? I’ve never expected Jonghyun was this playful. His image was burning, cold-hearted man, arrogant and soon. Oh maybe Jinri was true. Jonghyun had a weird personality.

Yeah. Thank you anyway for the photo. Take care Jonghyun-ssi.

Call me oppa, little Yaejin. Like when you called me. I like it that way ;)

Oppa? Fine. It’s up to you. Don’t you have any work besides replying my text?

Of course I do. But I always have time to my little fan girl.

I was smiling all along. I didn’t know why but I felt extremely comfortable with his playful text. It felt… familiar. Just like the feeling when I met his family. There was a side of me that longing for this relationship. I couldn’t deny that there was butterfly in my stomach. I continued texting with him that day. It just stopped when he had to meet with his company. We talked about anything. I even could remember what we talked. At the dinner, I passed his thanks to my parents. They seemed excited and asked me to say a few things to him.

I was reading my notes while listening to Starlit Night when Jonghyun called me. Yes. Not text. But call. I stared blankly to the screen. With shaky hand, I pressed an answer button.

“Hai Yaejin!” Jonghyun greeted me with his tender voice. His voice was so beautiful spoiling my ears.

“Oh. Hai Jonghyun-ssi.” I tried my best not to sound nervous. Damn! The butterfly in my stomach couldn’t stop flying.

“Sorry Yaejin for calling this late.”

“This late? What time is— WHAT? 2 AM?” I even didn’t realize it was this late.

“Yeah. You didn’t know it has passed midnight? What are you doing anyway?” he asked me. I could hear someone closing the door and boys voices.

“I was reading my notes.”

“Wow. Oh I remember your mother told me you’ll have exam. Is it tomorrow?”

“Nope. It’s the day after tomorrow actually. Hey, what’s with the sudden call Jonghyun-ssi?” I asked him. It’s weird though for calling someone you barely know at this time.

“Yaejin, I told you to call me oppa. So, stop the Jonghyun-ssi thing. Ok?” I just hummed as an answer. He didn’t answer my question. I walked to desk and putted my books.

“Hm.. I just want to talk to you. You know, when I came yesterday we didn’t have any chance to talk. So..”

“So? What do you want to talk about?” I asked straightly.

“Anything. Your school, your life. Oh! Why don’t you tell me the reason of liking me? Don’t be shy. Just tell me. Come on.”

“Eh? Are you sure? Its kinda weird to tell you this.”

“Nope. Try me.” So, here it goes. I told him that I fell for him because his appearance in WGM Yongseo when he sang Can I Love You by Yurisangja. First, I like his tender voice and the further I saw him, the more I found him interesting. He chuckled when heard it, his laughter was so crunchy like a fresh-baked croissant. As the time passed , I was lying in my bad and listen to his story and chatting with him. He gave me a hint that CNBLUE would release a Japan album soon. We’re talking about CNBLUE and their practice today when I heard someone knocked his door.

“Hyung, can I come in?” Oh. It’s Jungshin’s voice. “Who is that?” he asked.

“Oh, it’s my little sister. Wait a minute,” Jonghyun replied the younger man. “ Yaejin, I gotta go. Junghshin’s here anyway. Wanna say something to him?”

“Nope. Ok. It’s already late. Bye.”

“Bye. Good night.” And he hung up. I stayed still for a moment. Is the almighty Lee Jonghyun just said good night to me? Oh I’ve must be crazy for dreaming such an impossible thing like this. It’s better for me to sleep or I would be late tomorrow.

I woke up from my sleep and checked at my Doraemon clock. 7.00. I went to my bathroom and washed up. Jonghyun’s call last night had lighten my mood up. I choose to wear a skinny jeans and white loose shirt. One of my favorite pair. I tied my hair up to a messy bun but it was pretty nice. After gathering my things and tossed them to my backpack, I went downstairs and met my mom. She asked me to have breakfast first before going to school. I forgot to check on my phone.