06

Always Be Here

Yeah. Today I’d meet my freaking biggest idol. Nervous? Oh don’t ask me. I felt like I was going to scream out of my lung. This meeting freak me out.

“Yaejin, can you just sit and wait for him? I’m kinda dizzy watching you walk back and forth like that.” My mom.

“Oh mom, please. You don’t have any idea about what I feel,” I sighed loudly. She just rolled her eyes and move her eyes to tv screen. I tried to calm and sat beside her while checking on my phone. He haven’t called yet to inform me what time he would come to my house and I didn’t have any guts to call him first. Fortunately, today I don’t have any class to attend.

It’s already 2.30 PM and he hasn’t showed up. I felt sleepy and went upstairs for resting in my bed. Well, because of my stupidity and insecurity, I’ve waited for him since 8 AM. Crazy? Yeah. I was about closing my eyes when suddenly my phone rang. An unknown number showed up. With hesitation, I answered it.

“Hello, is it Kim Yaejin?” I recognized the voice. It’s him. My head started spinning like hell.

“Oh yes. It’s me,” I answered him with shaky voice. Hell. This was my second call and I was still this nervous just to hear his voice.

“It’s Jonghyun. Lee Jonghyun. I’m in front of your house now,” he said calmly. His voice captive me.

“Oh sure. You WHAT?!” I yelled.

“Yeah. I’m in front of your house. Can you come out?”

“Oh yeah. I’ll be there.” I hung up and run to the front door. And there was a white car in front of my house. The driver pulled down the glass so I could see him. He’s a boy with brown golden hair and fair skin. A shade hung beautifully on his nose. He smiled at me and took off his shade beautifully. I just stared at him with an open mouth.

“So, you are Kim Yaejin I guess,” he said calmly as opened the car door. I nodded my head as an answer. Still staring at him with awe. He is really beautiful. And meet him personally like this is beyond a dream for me. I blinked my eyes like a thousand times just to make sure I was not dreaming.

“Shouldn’t you ask me to come in?” he asked me as leaning to my face. Made the distant between our face is just inches.

“Oh yeah, sure. P-Please come in,” I stuttered because his sudden action and lead him to my house. I can hear a slight chuckled behind me. Oh silly. Now you look so stupid in front of him. I called my mom and said that Jonghyun’s here. She suddenly come out from her room with bright smile.

“Jonghyun?” she asked as observing his figure. Well, he looked so stunning although he just wore a loose blue jeans and a dark gray Dsquared2 tees. His favorite brand of course.

“Yes, annyeong haseyo. I’m Lee Jonghyu—“ he stopped talking as my mother attacked him with a sudden hug. His eyes widen with the action and so do mine.

“Oh My God, Jonghyun my son. Look you are now so handsome. I miss you, son,” my mom exclaimed. Still didn’t release him for the hug. I could see his confusion.

“Mom, I think you should release him before he collapse,” I said with a light chuckled. My mom action surely loosens the tense. Soon, she asked him to sit and went to the kitchen and prepared the snacks. I left with him in living room in full awkward silent. I didn’t know what should I talk to him.

“Hm.. how was your trip here? A long way?” I asked as playing with my phone. I couldn’t meet his eyes.

“Yeah. It’s pretty far.” And again, an awkward silent.

“Is it my photo?” I looked the direction his finger pointed. My cell phone. The wallpaper.

“Oh, yeah,” I answered shyly and put my head down, tried to hide my blushing cheeks. I caught red-handed. He laughed. Yes, a loud laughed. Hell, my body burning of embarrassing.

“It’s ok Yaejin. I often meet a fan girl like you,” he said as tapping my shoulder and I could see him wink at me. You’ll never believe he has this side of personality. I was about to say something denial when my mom entering the living room bringing some snacks. Her eyes were twinkling because of excitement and happiness. Soon, she started asking so many question to Jonghyun. I expected a grumpy and boring face from him but he’s smiling widely and patiently answered every question my mom asked. I felt like a third party in this room. So I decided to go upstairs and take Jinri’s necklace. But my mom stopped me.

“Where are you going sweetie?”

“Upstairs. Take Jinri’s necklace. It’s the reason he came all the way here,” I explain bluntly.

“Why so hurry? He’ll stay for dinner anyway. Right son?” She moved her head to face him. Jonghyun hesitated a while and finally answered her with a nod. I sighed. This will be a very long and tiring night. It’s not like I didn’t like his presence. I love it. I could see him with no distant and hear his voice. That made butterflies in my stomach. So many feeling in my heart but I can’t express any of it. And it’s frustrating me.

The situation was getting worse when my dad back from work. They’re so in the chatting. My parents couldn’t hide their joy because meeting Jonghyun. It looked like he’s their lost child and they missed him like hell. Finally Jonghyun excused himself. Firstly my dad didn’t let him going home and asked him to stay instead. But Jonghyun (kindly) explained that he had to return his friend car, the one that he used, and had to catch a flight in early morning. So, they let him go before a long hugs and asked him to come again later. I just bowed and gave him Jinri’s necklace. His car faded in the dark.

I laid in my lovely bad when a text came. And another one.

How’s the meeting with my brother? You surely had a great time with him. Thank’s for finding my necklace, sister in law. Oh, you should sleep now, baby. Don’t imagine a dirty action with him! –Love, your sister in law, Jinri.

What? Sister in law? Hhhhhh

Hey. It’s Jonghyun. Thanks for today and say to your parents I really had a great time. Hm.. I don’t know why you keep silent today but I hope it’s not because I was bugging you. And oh, could you change your wallpaper? It’s kinda out of date. I can send you a better and update photo :p

ARGHHHHH!! What the hell with these two siblings?!