04

Always Be Here

My bedroom was not that big. There’s nothing special about this room. Except the wall full with CNBLUE posters and a book shelf contained my treasure. CNBLUE light sticks, albums, magazine, and other merchandises. Jinri shocked when she’s entering my room. She covered with her hands. Her eyes were storming all over my room.

“I don’t know you were this hardcore. And what the hell is this?!” she almost yelled at his brother standing banner. I chuckled looking her shocked expression.

“I told you eonni. I’m a big fan.”

“But.. It just too much Yaejin… You know, he’s just a guy with weird personality. I’ve never understood his way of thinking even though I’m his noona,” she sighed as I gave her a pair of short and t-shirt.

“So, tell me about your brother more. Please eonnie,” I begged with my puppy eyes knowing that there’s none can resist it. She just shook her head sighed.

“It’s gonna be a long night,” she said as she entered the bathroom. Wide smile appeared on my face imagining what will be happened tonight. I couldn’t wait to hear the story about my biggest idol directly from his sister. I my laptop to check how the concert went. My attention was fully to those photos and FAs from the concert. I started putting some naughty comment on Jonghyun’s photo when someone sat beside me.

“Owww that’s gross. You want to his neck? Ewww. Don’t tell me that you’ve ever imagined him making love to you, Jinri,” I just grinned innocently. Hey, who’s never done that? He’s just too hot to be resisted.

“Oh my God. I should refuse your mom’s offer back then,” she exclaimed fully disgusted by my actions.

“Please eonnie. Tell me about him. You promised me huh?”

“Ok. But Promise me you’ll never share this to anyone. Anyone. Not even your best friend. Promise?” I nodded in approval. And there she goes. She told me everything. Really everything about him. His favorite food, his lazy attitude, his madness over child, his passion and soon.

“So, what did make him change his way to music? He’s an athlete before.” It was my biggest curiosity. Jinri faced me with touched eyebrows. 

“Are you sure you didn’t know? I thought he talked about it in public. He lost his last match in national championship and he hated it,” Jinri explained.

“No. I knew about that thing. But do you think it’s a bit suspicious that he gave up because of it? I mean, everyone lose in a game, don’t they?”

“Well, I told you. He has a weird way of thinking. And even if there’s another reason, he’s never told me,” Jinri said with finality. There’s one more thing I wanted to ask her. About his last girlfriend. But I thought it was too personal and I didn’t have any gut to do so. We continue our chatting about another thing despite of him. How’s our life and what we used to do when we’re neighbor.

Suddenly Jinri laughed out load. When I asked her why, she told me a really funny story when I was kid. The thing that I didn’t remember. She said in my 3rd birthday my mother wanted to make a little celebration for me. So, she invited Lee family in a bright Sunday. Everyone gathered around a table in my backyard. My mother made me a beautiful birthday cake. We were going to blow the candle when suddenly a ball hit my cake and ruined my dress. It was Jonghyun. I started crying non-stop and Mrs.Lee scolded him and asked him to apologize. He has a really high pride as a little boy. But finally he gave me his hand and asked me to forgive him with a sulky face. But the little started crying louder until his took me his embrace and I stopped crying.

“Really? He ruined my birthday and I forgave him just because he hugged me?” asked me in disbelieve. Even I’m his fan, but what he’s doing is unforgiveable.

“Yeah. Looks like you’ve became his fan even before he’s an idol,” said Jinri with chuckled.

The next day, Jinri left to meet his friend. We changed number and promised that we’d meet again. I loved to have a sister I’d never had and she looked feel the same way. I asked her to give my greetings to Jonghyun and her parents.

Days after that, I and Ayumi were busy with our studies for exam when suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. Jinri.

“Hai eonnie. What’s up?” I greeted her cheerfully.

“Oh Yaejinah. Do you look my necklace at your room?”

“What necklace eonnie? I didn’t look any.” Ayumi asked me what happened and I gestured her that maybe she looked a necklace. She shook her head.

“A silver chain with key pendant. Can you help me to look for it? It’s from my boyfriend, I can’t lose it. When I washed up that night, I put it and I though I’ve put it in my bag but when I searched it yesterday, it’s nowhere to be found,” she told me with shaky voice. I could feel how precious that necklace to her.

“Ok eonnie I’ll search it. When I find it I’ll call you. Don’t worry we’ll find it,” I assured her. And she hung up after said thank you.

“Who’s that?” Ayumi asked me with carouse face.

“Hm.. a daughter of my parent’s friend,” I didn’t know what I should tell her. I didn’t tell her about Jonghyun thing and it burdened me. I really want to tell her. But I promised Jinri that I won’t tell anyone including my best friend. So, I just told her that the person who called asked me to do her a favor. We didn’t take any longer time to discuss about it and just continued our study.

My head started spinning from too much read. I was about close my eyes when suddenly I heard my tummy growling.

“I guess someone is very hungry. Let’s get grab some snack outside. I’ve already sick of your room and should go home,” said Ayumi and started packing her things. I just waited her and get my purse and cell phone before went out with Ayumi. This year is our 2nd year in college. Ayumi and I had known each other since middle school. We have a lot of similarities and I love it. Ayumi is like my sister. In some ways, she’s a lot of mature than me. She’s just being foolish when it comes to Yonghwa. Like a crazy fan girl. We bid our good bye after finishing a bowl of ramen. I was so tired and need some sleep.