Bus Ride

Bad Boy Turned Good

Jungmi looked around and realised that she and Hyuna were the last two girls to be paired up and for the boys Jungkook and Jimin were the only two left.

"Jimin and Hyuna. Jungkook and Jungmi." There was a short silence before Jungkook's friends, Namjoon and Jin, started cheering loudly.. Jungkook looked at his friends in disbelief while Jimin and Hyuna's eyes rounded. Jungmi eyes widened but she quickly shut them and pinched herself softly. Was this just a dream? Of course it wasn't. She opened her eyes and Jungkook was in front of her.

"Let's go queue up."

She nodded softly, staring at the ground as she pulled her luggage along with her. When she stood behind Hyuna and Jimin, she heard a beep come from her phone. She pulled it out of her pocket and saw a new message.

 

OH MY GOD JUNGMI OH MY GOD IS THIS A DREAM OH MY GOD O.H.M.Y.G.O.D JIMIN AND JUNGKOOK WOW OMG OMGOMGOMG AFJKRJDFKGHJKJHSDJFKLJSDJKLJFK

 

Laughing unconsciously, Jungmi kicked the back of Hyuna's boots lightly and replied.

 

I KNOW RIGHT OMG. IT'S LIKE A MIRACLE.

 

In less than 5 seconds later, another message came from Hyuna.

 

AND PLASTIC ES DIDNT GET THEM. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

 

Before Jungmi could even reply, Miss Kim announced, "Please get into groups of 4 but hold on! Just get into groups with the pair behind you. For example, Sunmi, Yongguk, Mirae and Junhong will be a group and Jimin, Hyuna, Jungkook and Jungmi will be another. Also, please note that this would be your groupings for the whole camp, including the hotel rooms, games and other activities, even when sitting at a table during mealtimes. Each group will get one room, is that understood?" Everyone nodded and quickly got into their groups. Jungmi slid her phone back into her pocket and walked around aimlessly with Hyuna, still fangirling. Little did she know that Jungkook saw everything that was messaged between the two girls.

.

.

It was 4.30pm and the team was dismissed to have their own dinner in the airport in their groups and report back by 6pm. When asked why they couldn't eat with their friends, the teachers explained that they wanted the group members to get to know each other a little before having to live in the same rooms for 8 days.

The four of them wandered about awkwardly, not knowing how to start a conversation. Hyuna and Jungmi walked together behind while Jungkook and Jimin were in front.

"Uhh.. Do you guys wanna eat at Starbucks or Burger King?" Jimin turned around and broke the silence first. Hyuna, Jungmi and Jungkook stopped walking to consider the choices before deciding on Starbucks as they weren't very hungry. At the cafe, Jimin ordered first, followed by Hyuna, then Jungmi.

"I'll have a grande (medium) chocolate chip cream with whipped cream please."

.

.

Before Jungmi could take out her wallet, Jungkook interrupted and said, "Can I have the same as her? Thanks. And I'll pay for her too."

Shocked, Jungmi's eyes rounded and she stared at him. In a flash, he pulled out two 10 dollar notes and handed them to the cashier.

"J-Jungkook.."

Before  Jungmi could even stop him, he interrupted her again and said, "Jungmi. I'll pay for you, it's okay."

With that, she was left speechless as he took the change and receipt from the cashier who smiled and said, "What a cute couple."

"I know."

"What.."

"What?"

"N-never mind."

 Together, they went over to the collection point and took their drinks. When they sat down at their table, Jungmi was still a little stunned but she realised that Hyuna's face had reddened and she wondered if Hyuna's little fairytale happened the same time as hers did.

During the meal, the four of  them merely sipped their drinks silently while staring out of the glass or looking around the shop even though nothing was  very much interesting. Jungmi tried to catch a glimpse at Jungkook a few times and even got caught by Jimin once. Luckily, he only shook his head and chuckled while Jungmin stared down at her drink, feeling embarrassed. Oops.

.

.

When the lunch was finally over, everyone assembled back even before 6pm and prepared to board the bus to the hotel. While Jungmi was queuing up, she felt an arm on her shoulder and she swirled around, eyes rounded. Hyuna. She linked her fingers with Jungmi's like she always did and immediately fired a question at Jungmi.

"Why did Jimin laugh at you just now?"

Jungmi laughed nervously and replied, "Ahh.. It was nothing. I just kind of, got caught staring at.. you know who."

Slowly, a smile made its way across Hyuna's face as she started jumping around like she had some kind of hallucination.

"I can't believe you! At least not get caught? Hello!" She started mumbling random words that Jungmi didn't even know of. "Well, at least you didn't get caught by Jungkook himself."

Looking at how retarded she looked, you looked away in embarrassment and accidentally caught Jimin staring at her with a dreamy smile on his face.

"Hey stop. Stop. I said stop! Jimin's looking! Stop!" Jungmi slapped Hyuna's arm and whispered harshly. Hearing what Jungmi said, she quickly calmed herself down and acted normal, pretending as if nothing had just happened. If only the panic in her eyes didn't give her away.

.

.

When Jungmi and Hyuna boarded the bus,  they chose a seat near the middle of the bus and Jungmi was about to sit down before Hyuna screamed at her.

"LET ME TAKE THE SEATS INSIDE!"

Jungmi jumped and ducked away as Hyuna literally crawled into the window seat. She shook her head as she took the seat beside the aile. She was chatting with Hyuna and some other friends when Jungkook and Jimin boarded the bus. They shushed each other and watched as Jimin and Jungkook settled down at the seats opposite the aile beside Jungmi and Hyuna. Jimin took the window seat while Jungkook took the seat beside the aile so there was only the walking aile in between Jungmi and Jungkook. Jungmi felt her heart rate quicken as Jungkook smiled at her. Flustered, she looked away and widened her eyes at her friends. Suddenly, one of her friends, Jiyoon, cleared and tipped her chin at the entrance of the bus.

.

.

Sunmi strutted down the aile, her eyes scanning the whole bus. When Jungkook saw her, he quickly pulled Jimin down to hide behind the seats in front of them. Unfortunately, Sunmi still spotted them and grinned, making her way towards the pair. She was reaching their seats and when Jungkook realised that they were "found", he mumbled under his breath.

"."

"Kookie-ah! You weren't hiding from me were you? I hope not. I would be so heartbroken." Sunmi exclaimed dramatically in her ear-piercing voice.

"Don't call me that." Jungkook merely replied and laughed dryly. When Sunmi walked past Jungmi, she shot Jungmi a death glare, causing her to flinch. As she took her seat behind Jungkook and Jimin with Mirae, Jungkook leaned his forehead against the seat in front and looked at Jungmi, smiling sadly and shaking his head. Another shy smile flashed across her face as she looked away and mentally fangirled.

Halfway through the bus ride to the hotel, Jungmi couldn't help but fall asleep. Hyuna was listening to music and did not notice that Jungmi wasn't wearing her seatbelt. Instead of leaning towards Hyuna, she started to fall towards the aile and she jerked awake. Before she could stop herself from falling, she felt a pair of strong arms around her shoulders and she froze.

.

.

She tilted her head upwards to see Jungkook, whose face was only centimetres away from hers, staring down at her with round eyes.

"Hey, be more careful and put on your seatbelts."

He flashed that gummy smile and she pinked as she quickly pushed herself back into her seat and fastened her seatbelt.

"Thanks."

"Anytime." 

She turned back to check her seatbelt again, just to see Sunmi glaring her down.

.

.

.

.

.

~ Author's Note ~

I sense jealousy~

 

And there's going to be rivalry between Jungmi and Sunmi from now on O_o

 

 

Hope you liked this chapter!

 

Also, I'll probably be updating every Sunday from now on ^^

Please suscribe, comment and upvote :D

.

THANK YOU!