Hope

Bad Boy Turned Good

When listening to Jimin, Jungmi's mind flooded with all the memories she had with Jungkook. There was no way that they were all an act right? At least not all of it.

"In other words, I think you should just keep your guard up in case or just stay away from him. You're a nice girl and all so I wouldn't want him to hurt your feeling or anything but sometimes, that boy is just so stubborn. Even if I wanted to be his mom and give him all the good advice, he wouldn't even listen."

Jungmi pulled herself back to reality and nodded in acknowledgement.

"I'll think about it. And thank you for telling me."

Jimin smiled in relief and the both of them pretended to be watching TV just as they saw Jungkook walking out of the bathroom.

"Did I miss anything?"

"Nope. Just an episode of Tom & Jerry."

Jungkook chuckled and sat down in between Jimin and Jungmi just before Hyuna came back from the mini-mart.

.

.

.

Night fell as Jungmi went to the balcony to get some fresh air, which also meant some thinking time of her own. The sun had completed its tour for the day and the sky was pitch black, only dotted with a few twinkling stars. It was cool and windy as Jungmi sat down, listening to the calming sound of rustling leaves and waves crashing onto the shore where she had had a water fight with Jungkook earlier.

Jungkook.

Her mind drifted off into deep thoughts as she replayed Jimin's words in her mind. Half of her wanted to believe Jimin but the other half wanted to be with Jungkook, someone she had only fantasized to be with. She felt torn between the two roommates and couldn't help as tears started to fill her eyes, blurring her sight. She had finally got the chance to be with the person she had admired from afar for so long, why did this have to happen and ruin everything? She was starting to think that if Jimin hadn't told her that, it would be better for her, at least she would still be able to hang out with Jungkook like nothing ever happened, but now, she just couldn’t. She couldn't imagine that the person Jimin had described was Jungkook and she just could not look at Jungkook the same way anymore. She still liked him a lot, and that didn't help in making things any less complicated. A few tears fell down her cheeks as she started to mentally blame Jimin, when she heard the sliding door behind her open. She desperately wiped the tears away roughly as she turned around, only to see Jungkook staring at her with widened eyes.

"Are.. Are you crying?"

She let out a forced laugh as she shook her head.

"Of course not! Why would I be?"

He sighed as he turned the other chair to face her before sitting down.

"You're such a bad liar, you know. What's wrong?"

Jungmi fiddled with the hem of her sweatshirt as she thought of an excuse. However, the more she tried to think of one, the more she couldn't. There were a thousand questions bubbling up in her head, so much that she couldn't think properly. Despite all those questions, there was only one she was most curious about.

Just ask him, Jungmi. He won't lie right? Not again.

"Jungkook?"

Her voice was brittle as she called out to Jungkook, who was staring off in the direction of the sea, deep in thought.

"Yeah?"

"You know the time when you kissed my forehead, here? In this balcony?"

Jungkook chuckled nervously.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well, I just. Erm. Wanted to know if that kiss meant anything."

Panicking a little, he tried to regain calmness as he replied to Jungmi, who did not dare to make eye contact with him as she anticipated his reply.

"As far as I know, no."

There it was. There was the word that Jungmi had dreaded. She was hanging onto the last string of hope she had and Jungkook had just cut it off without the least bit of hesitation. Her head shot up, tears threatening to flow out, as she flashed a forced smile.

"Oh. Exactly what I thought. Let's go in now, it's getting kinda cold."

Looking at the disappointed expression on her face, Jungkook felt his heart shatter. Did he cross the line?

.

.

.

That night, Jungmi had long fallen into deep slumber as Jungkook sat up on the bed, thinking. His plan was only to make use of her, have a little fun. How did it become like this? He thought back to the time at the beach where he had watched Jungmi jumping around in glee just because she won the water fight. Why did his heart skip a beat like that? Then, one question linked to another, which linked to a thousand more. Why did his heartbeat increase everytime she smiled? And most importantly, how was he supposed to be around her now? Should he give up the playboy act, including his pride, or not?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~ Author's Note ~

//DRAMATIC MUSIC//

Awww Jungmi's crying T^T

And Jungkook's acting all naive again

.

yes i finally found the time to update hehehe i was dying to update but i just couldn't find the time to finish writing the chapter

BUT HERE IT IS!

Don't you just hate Jungkook now (:

That sounded so sadistic

Anyways,

Do you think Jungkook is going to confess? Comment down below! ((:

AND DID ANYONE ELSE WATCH THE BANGTAN BOMB POSTED TODAY HAHAHAH I KENNOT EVEN OMG

THEY HAVE TO DO A FULL STUDIO COVER OF EYES NOSE LIPS SO MY LIFE CAN BE COMPLETED :DDDDDD

Also, as you probably would have noticed, I requested for a poster for this story AND IT'S DONEEEEEEEE

credits to onewishingstar! ((:

GO SUSCRIBE AND UPVOTE AND REQUEST FROM HER OK? SHE'S REALLY EFFECIENT AND HER POSTERS ARE AMAZING ;-;

Also, I have something to confess..

I don't like fanfics and I'm proud of it (:

idk i just get grossed out a little bit im sorry D:

OKAII NVM BUEBUE!! <3

Remember to comment, upvote and suscribe! It honestly makes me smile :') ANNYEONG!