Chapter Eight

Where Did You Come From?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C H A P T E R E I G H T
It's like you're nailed into my heart
My world is filled with you

"Yah, Kookie-ah, what's wrong? You've been looking at your phone for a while now..." Taehyung moved from the kitchen table to sit on the opposite end of the sofa, as the maknae stuck his lower lip out, locking his phone screen once again.

"Nothing, hyung... just expecting a reply from eomma," he lied smoothly, before he even realised what he'd said. Why can't I just tell them?

"Awww, is baby Kookie missing his eomma~!?" Someone leaned over the back of the chair and grabbed his cheeks, squishing them playfully between his hands as the black haired teenager swatted at them.

"Yah! Hyung!"

Jimin chuckled as his arms were slapped, letting him go before ruffling his hair. Jungkook's phone buzzed in his lap. "Looks like she misses you too~" he sang playfully, pinching his face once again, but yelping and running away as he turned to smack him on the arm.

Rolling his eyes at the older boy, he settled back into place as Taehyung pulled his feet up onto the sofa, wriggling his toes against the maknae's leg. Jungkook didn't even bother telling him off - just sighed to himself as he opened his phone. Yah, is this how hyungs behave?

From: Fairy-ssi
Success!^^

The message was short and sweet, and Jungkook couldn't stop the smile from spreading across his face. She replied! His eyes lit up and he immediately bounded up from the sofa, almost making the lavender haired boy fall off the chair in the process. He ignored his protests as he hurried through the dorm into their room, where he wouldn't be disturbed - the rest of the boys had gone out somewhere on the day off, leaving the maknae line behind.

He couldn't stop his fingers from pressing buttons, and he held the phone to his ear, chewing his lip nervously as it rang.

|||

"Aeri-ssi! Congratulations!"

In the middle of the corridor, the lilac haired girl came to a complete stop. dropped, and she could feel the heat creeping across her face at the silky voice that greeted her on the other end of the line. Y-Yah!?

No one had called her phone in over a year, ever since she had refused to talk. Well, it made sense - since she wouldn't speak, how could they communicate? When her phone started ringing, she had simply answered it without looking, completely oblivious. But once he spoke...

Her heart fluttered in her chest and she gripped the device to stop her hands shaking.

"Yah, Aeri-ssi? Are you there? Can you hear me?"

Um... she pulled an awkward face at her phone, deliberating how to answer that. Does he realise...?

"Ah... wait..."

As understanding filled his tone, she face palmed in secondhand embarrassment, smiling uncontrollably into her hand at how cute he was.

"Omo... I am an idiot. Hold on a sec."

The call ended with a click, and she was still in her happy daze when her phone vibrated against the side of her head, shocking her back into the present.

From: Jungkook
Mianhaeyo! I called you without realising, I am such an idiot... how did it go today?

Reading his text, she chuckled to herself as she continued walking down the hall, her spirits high. No more classes or practices for the day meant she could go back to the dorm and rest. Today had, in the end, been a good day.

To: Jungkook
Haha, thank you^^ ah, well, it wasn't as smooth as I hoped but I got there eventually

She hurried through the reception of the main building and out onto the street, squinting at the sudden lighting change. It wasn't particularly busy out, so she was able to quickly cross the road and walk down the pathway to where the trainee dorms were located in the next block. Her phone vibrated again, and she checked it instantly.

From: Jungkook
I'm glad it worked out for you!

Her heart swelled with pride as she pushed open the glass doors to her building and headed to the lift. He seemed genuinely happy for her. For someone she had only just met the night before, he had become more of a friend than any of the other trainees had in a year.

Aeri's apartment was on the seventh floor, but it didn't take long for her reach, taking her keys out of her pocket to open the door. Her phone buzzed once more an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter