Chapter Three

Where Did You Come From?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C H A P T E R T H R E E
I'm so curious
I'm really so curious

Dance class again. Aside from vocal group, it was her least favourite thing to attend. But today was a showcase day - meaning, everyone had to perform their routines for the teacher and recieve feedback. She sat idly against the wall with her knees up, baggy hoodie pulled under her to cushion the floor and hood over her head, with a pair of black yoga pants and baby blue Nike Blazers, watching quietly.

Seo Minji and her friends were currently dancing to 'Girl's Day - Female President' in the mirror, with the appreciative eyes of most of the boys and some of the girls following them. She couldn't blame them really - Minji was an amazing dancer, her movements sharp and fluid when needed, flexible and strong. The high-waisted hotpants certainly didn't hurt either; her legs went on for miles.

She looked into the mirror as she danced, her eyes instantly connecting to Aeri with a sharp gaze. Her threat from a few days ago still sat in the front of her mind, and she couldn't seem to shake it. Keep out of my way. Or better yet, get lost. We don't need no-talents like you hanging around and spreading your disease, she repeated it in her head like a mantra and dropped her eyes to the floor, tugging at her hood.

By the time the dance was finished, Minji was smiling brightly and breathing heavily in the salute position, her eyes pretty much sparkling with happiness. It was moments like this that Aeri forgot her bad personality and realised how much she actually wanted this, how hard she worked and trained in order to achieve her dream. It was no wonder she picked on her - from the outside, it seemed like Aeri kind of breezed through being a trainee with a pat on the head from the teachers and JYP's blessing.

"Alright! Well done girls, that was pretty much perfect. Yuna, you need to work on your pacing slightly in some areas, but other that that, great!" The dance teacher pushed off the wall, throwing thumbs up and a crooked grin to the bowing girls. "Okay, who's next... Jackson? Care to show us your dance?"

Jackson raised his head from where it had been lolling against the wall to glance at the teacher with a nod, gesturing to his group. Across the room, he caught Aeri's worried glance, and beckoned her with a tiny but comforting smile.

She really didn't want to move, but as the others got into their positions, she stood up, peeling the hoodie off and chucking it into the corner. She straightened out her oversized t-shirt and gathered her lilac tresses into a high ponytail, pushing the black mouth mask down under her chin.

The music to 'BTOB - WoW' started, and she tried her best to block out the staring eyes. The other guys in the team had picked the song because it let them have a bit of fun, to be flirty and y as well as show the coordination. Frankly, it made her feel a bit embarrassed, but she managed to keep that well hidden through slow, deep breaths. Her eyes met Minji's again briefly before the dance started, and she felt her heart leap in her chest.

I do belong here.

Jackson didn't think he'd ever seen the mute girl dance this routine so... expressively. The start was, as usual, quite reserved; but as she went on, her hips rolled and cocked with progressively more appeal - especially during her center parts on the chorus - and he could have swore he even glimpsed her biting her lower lip a few times. Not that he acted much different; he purposely his lips and winked as much as he could, emphasizing his muscles whereever possible and high-fiving Mark when he passed him. That caused a few girlish squeals, and he couldn't help but grin to himself cockily.

Before she even realised it, Aeri was back in the center, standing in her finishing pose, her chest heaving and stray hairs stuck to the side of her face. Around her, the guys fell into each other for support, playfully wrestling e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter