Chapter One

Where Did You Come From?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

C H A P T E R O N E
Girl, where did you come from?
What a mystery, where are you going?

"Why is she here?"

The lilac haired girl paused, standing behind her open locker door, staring inside with blank eyes. The mango milk bubble tea in her hand was momentarily forgotten.

"Jina-yah, you can't say things like that! She deserves to be here just as much as any of us."

No... she didn't say it like that, she thought, wanting nothing more than to turn around and see who was gossiping about her. It was the first time she'd heard that sentence without malice, and it took her by surprise.

"No, no, don't get me wrong! It was a genuine question..."

That warmed her heart a little, and she raised her straw to her lips to take a sip as she dumped her training bag inside. Taking out her battered leather satchel in its place, she quietly shut the door before turning to limp down the corridor, glancing quickly at the whispering girls as she walked by.

"She heard you! Look what you did!"

Ah... she frowned to herself as she walked away. She didn't want to scare them.

It always turned out this way, but Han Aeri couldn't blame anyone but herself. She was weird, she dressed strangely, and her refusal to speak just plain drove people off. Even after being a JYP trainee for over a year she hadn't really made any friends, just a few people who would smile across the corridor to her or incline their head, after being forced to join up with her for group tasks. The rest were largely indifferent to her existance, but there were always people who made fun of her behind her back.

Or even straight to her face.

Aeri stopped walking as she noticed the girl standing in the middle of the corridor, a familiar frown on her face. She was still wearing her training clothes, cropped and tight fitting as always, with her hair tied int o a high ponytail. Two others stood just behind her, also from the same class, giving her scowls to back their friend up.

"You know, I don't understand why JYP haven't dropped you yet. It's obvious you're just dead weight, especially after that performance."

Aeri dropped her gaze to the floor, feeling her cheeks turn pink. It was true she'd fallen during the routine and had to leave early - her knee still twinged when she put her weight on it. Her team for the day had insisted it was fine and to go get some rest. Seo Minji and her gang standing in front of her was something she honestly should have expected.

"Not gonna say anything?" One of her friends taunted, narrowing her eyes. The lilac haired girl avoided their gazes, knowing it was better to just stay quiet until they got bored and left. Thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter