The Farmer And His Daisies

Her Flowers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGMTyEbKVVQ&feature=related

Long ago, there lived a farmer and his wife who lived not too far away from the city. Whenever passengers passed by, they would ask him for crops to bring along their journey. He smiled and gave him all the crops he could find in the land. The wife on the other hand, was very angry, but spoke no words towards his actions. Instead she would hide the crops for herself. She didn't know what she came to be. Selfish could be a word. The truth was, the an evil spirit had possessed her.

Years passed as the farmer gave them all his crops. Eventually a drought came, and didn't end for years. He prayed for God to give rain, but none came to be. He began to wonder what he did in the past  that he had done to deserve the punishment. He asked his wife. And his wife coldly smiled and lied, "You never gave me flowers..." Then asked the spirit in her sleep, 'When can I return?'

Finally, one day an old woman came up knocking on the Farmer's doorsteps, but the truth was that she was really an Angel. It was a day that karma would feed itself. The farmer warmly smiled at the old woman and greeted,

"Annyeonghaseyo, how can I help you my dear halmeoni (grandmother/eldest woman)?"

"Annyeonghaseyo, My feet are hurting. Is it okay if I sit down for a rest?" she weakly smiled

"Of course you may! Please have a seat and water as well." The farmer guided her inside and tried to find the last cup of water in the house. With the wife hearing this, she grew very angry and exploded in fury at the old woman. And the farmer, who has just recently returned from his search of the last cup of water, grew shocked at his wife. Slowly a bliss of air passed and within a blink of an eye, the old woman transformed into an angel! The couple gasped at the sudden change.

The angel spoke..

"These pass few years you have worked very hard and you deserve a gift...your wife on the other hand has done many bad things and must receive a punishment." The angel continued

"You have the right to pick any crop or plant you would like and it would remain fresh and alive forever. Even through drought it shall remain alive and anew. However, whichever crop you chose, your wife must be transformed into that crop. Do you understand? Now, chose wisely and pick a seed."

"Daisies.." The farmer responded, sadly looking at his wife.

"Any last words to your husband?" The Angel looked at the wife.

She walked up to her husband and looked at him in the eyes. Her eyes clearly marked apology and sadness. She regretted her actions dearly and now would have to suffer. Hoping he would forgive her, she cried and said,

"I hope sometime in the next life you would forgive me for what I've done. My last words to you are that I love you and I would like to know the reason you chose daisies."

                                             "Please plant me somewhere special..the place where we first met."

 By then she had already turned into seeds of daisies grasped onto the farmer's hands. The angel had disappeared. There was no sign of life. the farmer cried and pleaded for his wife to return. Nature spoke nothing to him. He looked at the small seeds in his hands and whispered, "I love you too.."

Fulfilling the wife's wish, he planted the seeds at the top of the hill where they first met. His tears were used to water the daisies, in a sign of showing how much he misses her. Even a single drop the daisies knew who it was from. And everyday he would visit them, and sing to them. Wishing one day he could be by her side.

Even when he died, the daisies remained beautiful and fresh...waiting for him.

When he died, he recardinated into a birch tree and grew on the same hill, with a field of white daisies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Listen closely and you will detect whispers of transformation and growth in the midst of the birch groves within your soul."