Sketches

Her Flowers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISz-RZXZaLE&list=FLEtzGK73V_vRq4ieGYoRM5g&index=60

[Onew’s POV]

 

    I see her smile light up the hallway as she passes by. I smile back, thinking the smile was intended for me. Instead, she doesn't glance at me and strolls towards Minho. My heart sinks. I walk back and forth the hallway, hoping she'll notice me, but she doesn't. Because she is too busy talking. With Minho, and not me. I sigh. Then I walk away, a sad look plastered on my face. I'm being silly. She probably just didn't see me, was distracted by Minho, but that doesn't stop the unreasonable sadness that weighs my heart down. If only it was me who was in Minho’s place. That would be nice; I would be smart, athletic, muscular, good looking, have girls worshipping me, and have a sweet personality.  Oh god, what am I saying?!? Did I just- COMPLIMENT Minho?!?!?!

 

~Flashback~

            “Onew! I need your help man; I need you to—change my grade!” Jonghyun came running up to me. Confused for a moment, I didn’t understand why Jonghyun wanted to change his grade- that’s right Jonghyun had gotten a big fat F in art. Was it even possible to fail art? Oh no, here we go again.

        “Jonghyun, how the hell did you manage to get an F in art?!” I sighed.

        “WHAT?! It was the teacher’s fault! I was just being creative like she had asked me to!”

        “Jonghyun, 'creative' is not tearing out pictures from magazines and tracing them,” I replied, rolling my eyes.

        “Well, I didn't! I just had a tiny bit more violence then she intended...."

        "Seriously, Jjong?"

 

        "WHAT?!   Jung Eun dumped me, okay?! I was just a little upset..." he said, rubbing his head awkwardly.  He really does look sad, with his wide eyes and pout.  He looks like a (dumped) kicked puppy.

        I shake my sympathy away.  "No, JJong."

        "C'mon, please? Can you just do this one favor for me?"  I notice he is still wearing his couple ring.

        "A-anniyo," I say firmly.

         He pouts, looking hurt and desperate.  Wasn't that shirt a present from Eun ?    

        "Alright, FINE!" I yell, defeated.  With that, I stomp off angrily to Jonghyun's art classroom while he breathes a sigh of relief and stares sadly at his couple ring.

 

        I tiptoe into the room A1 (the first art room in the hall) and quietly open the drawer that holds the teacher's grade book.  There is a big red F under the name "Kim Jonghyun," and I look through my bag, trying to find some Wite-Out to change the grade. danggit it smudged, all well.

 

        Then I see her, a girl sitting at one of the tables quietly sketching.  She hasn't even noticed that I was there.  I trot over to her, entranced by her long black hair and wide warm eyes, the grade book still in my hand.  She spins around suddenly, and I jump.

 

        "Hi there," she says with a smile. "Are you in second period art too? I'm sorry if I haven't noticed you, I don't pay too much attention."

        I realize I am still holding the grade book, and quickly shove it behind my back. She notices.

        "What's that?" she asks curiously.

        "Oh, i-it's nothing," I stammer.  Her eyebrows rise.

        "Funny, it looks a lot like the teacher's grade book," she says with a giggle.

        "REALLY, it's nothing!" I say, a little annoyed now.  She raises her hands in defense.

        "Okay, then, I said nothing," she says, a smirk on her lips.  Her pink, really pretty, soft looking lips.  She turns back and sketches.  I stare.

        "So, watcha doing in art during lunch period?" she asks suddenly.  I jump at her loud voice.

        "My friend sort of failed art, and he needs me to change his grade."

        She laughs.  Her laugh is really cute.

        "I see," she replies still giggling a bit.

        " So what's your name?" I asked her  while I sat down beside her.

        "My name is Kim Hyun Jae, but I think my umma was about the dumbest person ever to name her kid such an ugly name, so call me Jae or else I go ninja on you," she says playfully, squinting in concerntration and waving her arms around.

        I laugh.  "I'm On-" The bell rang and she waved goodbye and ran her way out of the door, but I heard a crash after that.

        I ran out the door only to find Jae on the floor picking up her books and sketches (wow she had a lot of drawings, pretty ones too), I was about to run up to her and help her, but a tall young handsome looking sophomore came helping her. AH! It was Minho from fifth period P.E. I see the two of them walk away talking. I wanted to walk her to class, but I realized the grade book was still in my hand.  Smiling, I carefully paint over Jonghyun's grade and write A- instead.  I examine the book for a while, thinking.  Then I slash a line through the minus to make it an A+.  I tuck the book back into the drawer and skip out of the room, an idiotic grin plastered across my face. I hurled into the wall. The bell rang and again, I was late for class, but today was a good reason why I was late! I walked into the classroom and I could already see a glare forming in Mrs. Jung's eyeballs. Crap. All well.

~End of Flashback~

        So that's how I met Jae. I would see her in the art room all the time sketching during lunch period, which was why I would snatch some extra food for Jae and give it to her as we talked and ate until the bell rang. I even asked her to sketch me something pretty once (I was thinking about her face, or chicken). As soon as the bell rang she would bid farewell and walk to her next class with Minho. Minho wasn't a bad guy, but I envy him because Jae was closer to him. That still didn't stop me from getting closer to Jae, and soon before I knew it, I grew feelings for her. Her sweet, soft, funny, cute, clumsy, talented, personality made me fall for her; even when she looked cold or sad. Jonghyun would sometimes stop by in the art room to get to know Jae better because he doesn't understand "why" I like a girl like Jae. If he doesn't visit, he's usually stalking Eun trying to win her back. As for Minho, we became friends, but I still envy him, at least until the day I will soon confess to Jae. I don't know when, but I know I will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank You "Taemin's Wifey" for helping me .^^. I had writer's block LOL, but in the end she inspired me to write LOL...so kamsahamnida <3