Chapter 7

Drive Me Away, Mr Taxi ...

 

“Be mine …”

“What ?!” I exclaimed in surprise, taking a small step back … “Are you serious ?” I hesitatingly asked eyeing him suspiciously, still confused at his sudden request.

“Completely” He didn’t break eye contact once and, despite the intensity of his gaze, his eyes reflected the sincerity of his words “I really like you” he breathed, slightly less confidently, his hand resting against his nape.

A smile grew on my face as my cheeks flushed a rosy pink as I whispered quietly with a small laugh “I like you too Luhan …” his eyes immediately lit up and a smile broke out wide across his face, lighting up the bleak surroundings.

“Are you being honest ?” He asked eagerly, his eyes twinkling.

“Completely” I laughed, mimicking his answer from earlier and he pulled me towards him and placed a chaste kiss on my lips before interlacing his hand with mine and pulling me to walk next to him towards my apartment.

“Thank you” he murmured and I glanced at him, an eyebrow raised in question. His face was serious and he appeared troubled, a great contrast to his previous mood.

“What for ?” I asked, curiously.

“For not disregarding me when you heard part of my past.” He sighed. “I know I haven’t been completely honest with you yet and I know that I may be a burden to you but I am going to try … I am really going to try. I don’t want to hide it; I have to open up to you because … it can only be you.” I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall at his sincerity. “That first night I saw you, the night in the club, you were hypnotising, captivating … I knew that I couldn’t let that first dance be our last …” he confessed, staring at the ground in front of us as we ambled along the pavement.

“You don’t need to thank me and don’t ever think you’re a burden. Believe me. You’re not.” I smiled and squeezed his hand encouragingly. “Don’t forget Luhan … I’m here because I want to be … because I like you … I won’t leave your side no matter what … I promise. Besides … our dance isn’t finished yet …” I chuckled at my statement and was rewarded by the smile that spread across his face.

“I just hope you can keep that promise …” he uttered, sounding a bit regretful, and spoke so quietly that I barely caught it. We reached my apartment and bid each other goodnight, both of us heading our separate ways with sparkling eyes and light hearts.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

I had begun to worry about Sehun more than anything else; he hadn’t returned to the house, called or contacted me in any way since that night. One half of me was petrified of having to face him after what happened whereas the other half was scared for him – his job was not a safe one; he was often in danger and involved with violent people. He hadn’t returned any of my many calls and voicemails I’d left for him and I got more nervous about when, if, he was planning on talking and visiting me again. I was ecstatic when he’d returned from China and he’d left so suddenly that a small part of me was feeling lonelier by the day, filled with longing to see my beloved brother again.

Besides Sehun’s abrupt disappearance, the following week was filled with affection – Luhan and I studied together, went to school together, ate together, went out together and danced together … of course. I was tense around school, slightly terrified that I might get attacked again, especially when I was alone, now that the news of Luhan and I dating has spread around the school like wildfire. I was getting used to having more attention than what I was used to; I was beyond happy at our current situation.

Hyori was delighted about our news and her reaction was followed with a detailed description of when she and Jongin started dating over two years ago. Whenever I returned to the apartment, she would rush out with a constant flow of questions about how the relationship was going even though it’d only been just over a week.  Despite the short time, we shared an understanding that made me feel as if I’d known him forever but there was still a wall between us that is his past and, although I don’t want to push him into telling me anything especially after seeing him hurting so much, I was concerned of his mental health; keeping things to yourself was unhealthy and damaging psychologically. However, I believed that he’d tell me whether it takes him a few weeks or a year; I promised that I wouldn’t leave his side and have every intention of keeping that promise.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A few days later I was in class, taking notes on the professor’s lector despite the boring subject. I thought that my parents making me take a business degree was complete ludicrous; I wasn’t going to even run their company when I grew up because they were already training others to do so. I was granted the freedom of my own future, thankfully. My parents didn’t approve of my night club habits but they agreed to not interfere with my life if I didn’t with theirs and finished my degree even though it was completely useless. At least, for now, I shared my class with Luhan and we were able to travel to and from lectures together.

When the professor was finishing off the lesson, a note was thrown onto my desk from the smiling, brown-haired Chinese boy two rows in front of mine to the left. I unfolded the paper to see his slightly messy hangul written on the crumpled piece of paper.

Do you want to go to the new café down the street later ?

I glanced at him apologetically with a small pout that made him chuckle and scribbled my reply.

Sorry … I agreed to help out with some paperwork in the office later and I left my folder in the dance studio so I have to stay after classes

I flung the note at his desk and, thankfully, it landed in front of him. I watched him write down on the scrap paper before he tossed it back to me, the student between us ducked and I bowed apologetically; he looked frustrated at our old-fashioned communication system.

I’ll wait for you then ^^

I didn’t want to trouble him so quickly responded and gently threw the note as not to startle the student between our places.

No … I will be an hour at least, just go home and study ~~~

He read the note and nodded in understanding with a small chortle at my message; I continuously ordered him to study whenever he had free time.

After the class finished, I brushed my books into my bag and slung it over my shoulder before walking outside to see Luhan waiting for me.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to wait ?” He asked but I just laughed and nodded my head.

“Yeah. I’ll be fine and there is no point in you waiting for me when I have so much to do. We will have to go to the café tomorrow, okay ?” I exclaimed with a bright smile.

“Okay” he replied before giving me a light kiss and heading towards the main doors with a cute wave and a dazzling smile.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Two hours later …

 

I sighed and stacked up the last pile of papers to carry into the teacher’s office. I had no idea where so much paperwork came from, I had been completely swamped in it and had to order and sort every single sheet. This was such tiring work and I really wished that I hadn’t volunteered; I most certainly wouldn’t have done if I’d known how much work there was to be done. I walked down the hallways the stack in my arms and pushed the door open with my foot before placing the giant pile in front of my professor who was on the computer, preparing for her next lecture.

“Thank you so much Minyoung” she expressed sincerely with a grateful smile.

“No problem” I muttered, trying to sound bright as usual when really I was totally exhausted and tired of reading and sorting paperwork.

“See you soon Minyoung” she exclaimed as I turned to walk away and I replied with a simple bow before heading towards the dance studio; I’d left my folder in the room a few days ago and had been wanting to retrieve it so I could look over my notes I kept in it.

I soon found the weary double doors I’d grown to love and swung them open before rummaging around to find the binder. After a few minutes, I found it in the cupboard, pushed in beside the music player, and I pulled it out and dusted it off before flicking it open to ensure that all of my work was still intact. Luckily, nothing appeared to be missing and I walked out of the building, pleased I was able to find it.

By the time I’d reached the gates that marked the main university campus the sky was already dark and clouded over, the sun had fallen almost completely below the horizon. I took steps down the road towards my apartment when three figures appeared from a shop a few meters ahead of me and turned to face me. Oh no … I thought. I’d been able to avoid the three girls since Luhan and I officially started dating but I shuddered seeing their eyes shooting daggers in my direction.

“Look who we have here …” The first sneered, approaching me with the other two girls by her side. The second girl with unnatural bleach blonde hair stepped forward. She was the one who confronted me about Luhan … she must like him … I was jerked out of my thoughts by a sharp pull on my head as she grabbed my hair and pulled it cruelly causing me to wince.

“Didn’t I warn you about staying away from Luhan ?!” I trembled and she pushed me backwards with a harsh shove causing my head to collide with the brick wall behind me and fall to the ground. The three girls simply laughed at my pain and began to beat me as I wrapped my hands around my head and curled up my body in an attempt to protect myself. Black spots danced around my vision and I was on the verge of passing out when a slightly rough yet familiar voice spoke from not too far away.

“What do you think you’re doing ?”

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Author's Note:

 

Another chapter is finished ^^ I admit that this may be longer than I originally expected so more like 12-15 chapters hopefully !! What do you think of the confession - kinds I know but I am pretty bad at writing this sort of thing ~~~ Who do you think is the owner of the voice ??

tumblr_mzci6ra5HH1sdz3n2o1_500.gif

Extra special thank you to teacmars for upvoting ^^

tumblr_luogj7IxaD1qefpsho1_500.gif

Please tell me your thoughts in the comments below and subscribe ~~~

***Gifs credit to owners***