Chapter 4

Drive Me Away, Mr Taxi ...

(Note: For the purposes of the story, Sehun is two years older than Min and he is her brother)

 

It had been such a long time since I’d seen Sehun, his dream was to join the police force and that’s exactly what he did. Instead of going to university like me, he’d trained to join the forces and had left to work in China over a year ago. I had missed him a lot; he had been my shoulder to lean on throughout my whole childhood. Him and I had grown up together – our parents were workaholics and, although we loved our parents, I had to depend on Sehun an awful lot in the past. He knew my soft side better than anyone – I became a different person around him. He was there for me and always will be. Despite his rather cold appearance, he was a very warm person once you got to know him. He was perfectly suited to be an officer for the police forces.

“Oppa!” I shouted as I threw my arms around him in surprise and happiness as well as shock at his sudden arrival, a smile plastered brightly over my face.

“Minyoung !” He hugged me back as I processed his sudden appearance out of nowhere. I was about to blurt out loud my many questions I had to ask him when he spoke up again, “Luhan ?!” He exclaimed, I pulled back to see his startled expression as he stared at the boy who rounded the corner to see me and Sehun.

“Sehun ?!” He uttered, completely in shock, his eyes wide, looking like a deer in headlights. He started tensing and relaxing his fists and blinking rapidly. How on earth did they know each other ?! Luhan just moved here from China … how could he have met Sehun unless they had gotten involved with each other ? … but … Sehun was a police officer …

I turned my head to look at Sehun again. His originally alarmed expression had disappeared without a trace. His eyes were hard, cold, staring threateningly at Luhan – I was scared, never had I seen him look so dangerous.

“What are you doing here ?” He spoke clearly, robotically, to Luhan. When the boy didn’t respond, Sehun stepped past me and glared at him before turning his head and gesturing Luhan to follow him as he strode out of the apartment and down the hallway, out of earshot.

I didn’t really know what to do with myself, my thoughts were running wild, as I stood, leant against the wall. I was pulled out of my daze by Hyori who was shaking my shoulder anxiously. She stared at me with confused eyes, obviously having overheard the commotion. Jongin was stood behind her looking concerned, they’d known Sehun for a few years before he left for China and were well aware of his occupation and what his acquaintance with Luhan could mean …

I was ushered into the living room as we all waited for Sehun and Luhan to return … if they would …

After what felt like hours, the sound of the door being closed echoed through the room and both boys sat down on the ground beside Jongin, Hyori and I. The tension was obvious and Sehun kept eyeing Luhan suspiciously as we sat in silence before Jongin voiced both mine and Hyori’s thoughts aloud.

“How do you two know each other ?” He asked hesitantly.

“We ran into each other … a few times …” Luhan mumbled quickly. I was about to interrupt when Sehun lifted his hand and placed it on my shoulder and looked at me warningly.

“Not now” he whispered, his expression worried me but I would listen to him. I knew he would know best but I was impatient and wouldn’t just forget this. This was a big deal. I glanced at Luhan and made eye contact, the original awkwardness had been filled with curiosity, worry and fear. I looked back at Sehun and smiled half-heartedly at him, although he was keeping a secret from me, I had missed him a lot and was happy he’d come home to Korea again …

“When did you get back ?” I changed the topic, wanting to know more about my older brother’s relocation to Korea.

“Last night. I stayed in a hotel overnight near the airport before coming straight here to see you Minyoung !” He put his arm around me protectively “How is university ?” He asked me but I replied briefly and continued to question him instead; I had so many inquiries that couldn’t wait  …

“Fine … how long are you staying ?”

“For as long as I want. I can continue to work here closer to my friends and family …” he said warmly and I smiled, briefly forgetting my troubles, it was a relief to have Sehun back. I didn’t want him to ever leave again …

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A few hours later …

 

“I’m sorry oppa … we have to go to class” I stood up grabbing my bag and the Hyori, Jongin and Luhan stood up to leave. “I’ll be back in a couple of hours, you can stay here with us so just make yourself at home …”

“Thanks Minyoung, be careful” I smiled at him before closing the door behind the three other students as we walked to class.

I grabbed hold of Hyori’s arm; I didn’t want to have to talk to Luhan for the time being. I was still annoyed at him about the night club incident but I wasn’t going to dwell upon it however … the events from earlier in the day made me realise that I barely knew anything about this boy. He’s just another stranger … yet he’s caused so much disruption in my life …

As we stepped into the main building, a student in their first year rushed up to us and handed Hyori a poster before hurrying off to the students behind us entering the building. She looked down at it and smiled before looking up at me.

“Guess what Min …” I had a feeling I knew what she was going to say next and raised an eyebrow “… there’s going to be a party …” she exclaimed and laughed. I took the sheet from her and Jongin read it over my shoulder. The school was renting out a club for a school party – this was going to be fun …

“There’s a dance competition !” Jongin rejoiced “we can’t not enter …” I looked at him uncertainly. “Come on Min … there is barely six months left of school … better make the most of it, have some fun !”

“Well … if you insist …” I smiled and laughed with Hyori as we began discussing plans for the dance competition before we had to part ways and go to class.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

The night of the party …

 

“Are you sure this is okay ?” I asked, looking worriedly at Hyori who was applying her makeup beside me. We were both dressed as we do for clubbing and I was unsure as to whether this was a good idea – if we were recognised …  

“It’ll be fine Min. Don’t worry  … they can’t kick us out of university even if we are found out … there are no rules against going to night clubs. Besides … this is fun …” she winked at me and smiled. I returned the gesture and walked into the living room, looking over my attire.

I was wearing another of my many black dresses – it was cut off mid-thigh and lace netting spread over my shoulders and back. My makeup was the same as always and I slipped on a long black coat to wear outside; it was getting quite cold.

 “You look great !” I jumped at Sehun’s joking voice as he stood up from the sofa. He’d been sleeping there for the past week and kept coming in and out of the apartment for work, you never knew where he was going to appear from. “Are you going out ?”

“Yeah, don’t you remember me telling you ?” I patted the creases out of my coat and glanced at him.

“Oh right … the school party right ?” I nodded. “Don’t do anything too crazy Minyoung, you don’t want to get kicked out of university before you finish the year !” He laughed at me as I glared back at him. Sehun was well aware of my love for dancing and visits to the night club. “You’d better hurry though or you’ll be late …” I stared at the clock and widened my eyes when I saw the time. It was getting late and, if we didn’t hurry, we would miss the dance competition.

 “Ready ?” I urged Hyori, sticking my head around the bathroom door.

“Almost !” Hyori exclaimed grabbing her bag.

We both rushed towards the door and slipped on high heels - mine were lace and matched my dress. I checked over my outfit in the mirror and smiled at Hyori before we rushed out of the apartment, down the stairs and climbed straight into a taxi.

I constantly glanced at the clock which was moving unusually quickly. The taxi had to stop; we were caught in a rush of traffic. Hyori looked at me.

“We aren’t going to make it in time, are we ?” She mumbled, I took some money from my coat pocket and handed to the taxi driver.

“We can try … ” I replied before grabbing her arm, getting out of the vehicle and dragging her between the cars, onto the sidewalk. The night club was less than a mile away.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

When we arrived at the night club, Jongin rushed up to us.

“Where on earth have you been ?!” He hurriedly asked, sounding disappointed.

“There was traffic, we practically ran the last mile … in heels !” Hyori exclaimed.

“It’s too late now … the competition finished …” he replied sadly, looking at the ground.

“Damn it !” I yelled and Hyori put her hand on my shoulder, comfortingly.

“We may as well enjoy the rest of the night Minyoung” she sighed and we walked further inside. I saw a couple dancing on the stage, people were watching them and I looked at Jongin.

“What are they doing ?” I asked him.

“Ahh … that’s the couples competition” he stated, taking Hyori’s hand to dance. He turned back to face me, “you’ll need a partner though …”

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Author's Note:

Sorry if there are any mistakes, this was written quite quickly ^^

They missed the competition ... oh no ... what's going to happen ??

tumblr_m7dcszkRU21rsskhm.gif

Extra special thank you to sicajay999, pantherahami and eiffel-mi for upvoting ^^

I hope you enjoyed the chapter !!

tumblr_ll76ng5ohB1qk4fm1o1_400.gif

Please comment and subscribe ~~~