Chapter 1

Drive Me Away, Mr Taxi ...

*** Min’s POV ***

 

I pulled the key out of my jacket pocket and unlocked the apartment door before pushing it open and throwing my school bag towards the sofa, removing my nerdy glasses and pulling out the hair band that kept my short hair tied back.

I heard Hyori yell through her open bedroom door.

“Min … Are you back ?”

“Yes unnie … I had a late lecture today and had to study” I shouted back to her, it was already 11pm, and I was getting really sick of the constant information that was shoved down my throat at university. Despite what other students thought, I hated it …

Hyori stuck her head around the doorframe, a straightening iron in her hand.

“What are you waiting for ? We’re going out !” She exclaimed, a smirk on her face and one eyebrow lifted as I smiled at her and hurried to change into some more … suitable attire …

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

I finished off my look with a bright red lipstick that complimented my smoky eyes and side swept hair. I stepped back and admired myself in the mirror – the mini black dress I was wearing hugged my body and accentuated my curves. I turned around to look at the low-cut back and smiled at myself.

I walked out of the bedroom and winked at Hyori who smiled back at me.

“You ready ?” She asked me.

“More like … are they ready ?” I laughed back at her. We were known at the clubs around town, my reputation could ruin my future career, but it wasn’t going to stop me … what was the fun in that ?

I slipped on my high black stilettos and stepped out of the apartment, closely followed by Hyori who was on the phone to her boyfriend, Jongin, to get him to pick us up. I preferred to stay single; you never know what might happen … who you might meet …

Now … it was time for Min to have a night out. To drink, to flirt, to dance and to have fun. To forget Lee Minyoung, the university student who cared about her grades and where her future lay. It was time to just … let go …

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

The lights in the club flashed all around me, the hot mass of bodies moved in time to the music and the smell of alcohol hung heavily in the air. But I didn’t mind. I liked it this way. I belonged here, on the dance floor. I could feel the blood pumping through my veins as I lost myself to the music.

I felt a tug on my arm and turned to see Hyori trying to drag me towards the bar where she sat me down and went to find her boyfriend. The barman pulled out some shot glasses and I downed two shots of vodka before Hyori re Jongin’s arm. We had all been friends for a long time – brought together by our love for dancing.

Suddenly, Jongin mentioned something that caught my attention.

“Hey Min, have you heard about the transfer student ?”

“No – should I have ?” I asked, curious.

“Apparently, they are from China and will be moving onto University campus in a few days. From what I hear anyway. This might be the end of my days living alone” he pouted. I pondered about the new student for a while – foreigners were always a hot topic, especially in the night clubs and I wanted to know more.

“He ?” I had to be sure …

“Oh ! You interested Min … ” Hyori teased.

“I don’t know … yet” I winked at her, taking a sip of my drink.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

The announcement was made by the DJ, inviting people to take place in a dance competition. Hyori, Jongin and I made our way to the front of the crowds; this was our stage. For the competition, Hyori and Jongin would dance against each other. We would then see who was willing to challenge me.

The couple stepped up onto the platform and danced to Better Together by Se7en – they danced so well together, unknowingly in sync and the crowd cheered loudly as they kissed at the end of the performance. The DJ laughed at their show of affection.

“Well … as lovely as that was …” he started “...now it’s time for the real competition to get started…” and gestured for me to come up onto stage. I strutted up, swaying my hips, and could feel the eyes staring at me as I stood confidently on stage beside the DJ. I threw him a bright, flirtatious smile before turning towards the audience, unfazed by the spotlight and gazes. There was no need to introduce me; everyone in the club would have at least heard of me. “Any takers ?” He asked, looking for any volunteers to challenge me to a dance battle.

“I’ll dance” A doe-eyed boy said stepping up beside me on stage. He looked young yet had an air of confidence that made him seem older than his childish appearance. His bright eyes were rimmed with black eyeliner and his dark brown hair was swept over the left side of his face. I was mesmerised for a second as he smiled at me. Unsure of what to do, I ignored his gesture and looked away from his handsome face and towards that audience. I couldn’t let Min’s ice cold heart be cracked by some pretty boy.

The speakers started playing Hands Up by 2PM and I felt the bass pump through my body before I let myself move in time to the music. I began to sway my body to get a feel before releasing the want, the need to dance that I’d been resisting since my last night out. I finished my dance, flipping my hair out of my face and smirking before turning towards the boy and giving him a cocky glare, challenging him.

He just turned away from me with a smug expression, confidence radiating from his body, making me nervous. And then he began to dance.

He moved effortlessly. His limbs made fluid movements as he danced through the rest of the song faultlessly, as if he was made to dance. He ended facing me, him hair tousled and smiling. The crowd’s cheers were louder than I’d ever heard them and the DJ announced him the winner, much to his and my shock. I couldn’t remember the last time someone had beaten me in a dance battle. Dancing was what I did – it was all I had.

I stayed composed and poised looking; I wasn’t going to let this go – the time would come when I would dance again and I was not going to lose. I stepped towards him, a seductive smile on my face and leaned towards him, my lips hovering above his ear as I spoke quietly.

“Congratulations” I whispered, then smiled as I walked off the stage to see Hyori looking at me, an eyebrow raised, before laughing and hugging me.

“And who was that ?” She asked me, excited to find my match.

“I don’t really know …” I replied after thinking about it. I knew nothing about him. Not even his name …

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

After another drink at the bar with Hyori, we got up and started to dance on the floor once again amongst the main crowd of people. As the music got louder and the alcohol pumped through my system, I got further into the crowd until I found myself unable to see Hyori or Jongin. Everything was beginning to blur as the alcohol went to my head and I began to make my way towards the door.

I had attracted lots of attention after the battle earlier and decided that it’d be best to head home before anything got out of hand. It was past 4am but I didn’t have any lectures the next day at university, luckily. 

On my way out, I was pushed to the ground by a drunken man. He pinned me down against the dirty ground and I could smell the stench of alcohol on his breath and he breathed against my face.

“Where are you going ? Don’t you want to dance a little more ?” He slurred into my ear as I tried to push him away but he had me in a strong grip. There was no point shouting, the music blocked out all noise in the club and I began to get worried as my attempts to free myself from him kept failing. I squeezed my eyes shut in fear as a wave of nausea shuddered through my body and panic set in.

“Get away from me !” I spat at him, unable to meet his eye, but suddenly his weight was lifted off of me. At first I thought that he’d just left but that seemed unlikely seeing as he was completely intoxicated and obviously looking for a good time.

I opened my eyes slightly to see the man held up by his collar by another man who spoke to him angrily before he scurried away into the mass again. The man turned to face me and smiled at me. It was the dancer from earlier. He really was gorgeous.

He held his hand out to help me up and I willingly took it.

“Are you alright ?” He asked, worriedly. I noticed that he spoke with a slight accent despite speaking calmly and faultlessly – just like how he danced.

“I’m perfectly fine, thank you” I replied, brushing off my dress, slightly flustered and wobbly on my feet.

He walked me outside before calling me a taxi to take me home. “I’m Luhan” he said to me … so that’s his name, I thought … definitely a foreigner.

“I’m M-” I started.

“-Min” he interrupted “I know, people talk about you so much, how could I have not have noticed you ? I’ll see you again.” He spoke like it was a fact and I couldn’t help but feel glad at the thought of seeing him again.

He leant towards me and pressed an innocent kiss on my cheek before sending off the taxi.

I bit back my smile. It had been so long since I’d shown much emotion to anyone but Hyori. I was the ice queen. I broke hearts. I was cold. But he wasn’t. He definitely wasn’t.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Author's Note:

Hey everyone !! Here is the first chappie - I hope you enjoyed it !!

tumblr_inline_mxp3g02VgD1r9b4yy.gif

Please leave your thoughts in the comments below and subscribe ^^

Don't forget to celebrate Min's birthday and join the festival ~~~