Chapter 2

Drive Me Away, Mr Taxi ...

The next day I woke up after midday with a slight headache – alcohol didn’t bother me so much now because I had quite a high tolerance with so many nights out. I took some pills and swallowed them with some water that I kept on my bedside table before lying back in bed – studying would come later.

I recalled what happened the night before … Luhan … he kept playing on my mind. I couldn’t forget his face. His charisma. His huge eyes kept playing on my mind, they were bright yet dark, they were innocent yet deadly. It was the way he made me feel.  It’s been such a long time since I’d really felt anything and I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to feel or not. Could my head beat my heart ?

One thing was for sure, whether my head or heart had won the battle raging inside my body, I would dance beside him again. I couldn’t accept how he’d won over my title so easily, no one had ever danced like him before. It was simply curiosity …

I heard the door slam and Hyori pushed open my bedroom door, her hair a mess, gripping her head.

“Have you got any painkillers ?” She asked me desperately. I threw her the packet and laughed at her hungover state. She laughed back then turned to me with a serious face. “Why didn’t you reply to my messages last night. I tried calling you … I think …”

“Ohh …” I mumbled, glancing at my phone which showed 5 missed calls then looked at the text messages that were terribly misspelt, obviously she had drunk an awful lot more than me last night. “I’m sorry unnie, I took a taxi home because I was tired …”

“Don’t worry Min !” She smiled at me before rambling on about her night with Jongin. Then she brought up the topic that I’d been thinking about since the night before. “Did you see that boy again ? The boy you danced with … or should I say … the new champion ?” She laughed at my annoyed face … “He was gorgeous !” She exclaimed and I slapped her arm.

“Hey ! You have a boyfriend you know” I replied laughing as she pouted. “And yes, we did meet again … briefly … his name is Luhan.” She leant in closer to me, expecting to hear something else but I brushed it off “nothing happened …”

“Luhan ?” she pondered … “sounds kind of familiar …” she mumbled but I wasn’t in the mood for her ramblings and lay down in bed to rest. She took the hint and left to go shower and fix her awful appearance.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

I had to get up for school the next day and dragged Hyori out of bed, kicking and screaming, to get her to eat her breakfast and leave the apartment. I showered and changed into some jeans with a white shirt and a comfortable red cardigan and applying light foundation before grabbing my old bag and nerdy glasses and left the apartment before Hyori … as Lee Minyoung.

I didn’t have to walk far before I reached the gate that lead to the main buildings on campus. Unusually, there was a big crowd of people surrounding the entrance, people were looking at something but I couldn’t see a thing. To be honest, I wasn’t really bothered and tried to push my way through the crowd to get to my class. I heard a voice call out to me.

“Min ? … Min !” I froze. That voice. Was that Luhan ? It must have been … no one else knew me as Min other than Hyori and Jongin … I carried on walking, ignoring his shouts which quickly cut off as I sped off – I didn’t want him or any of the other students to recognise me. Not only that, but if any other students went partying, and I definitely knew some who did, they may have heard of me and I didn’t want my secret getting out …

My suspicions were confirmed as I heard two girls whispering and giggling to my left.

“Oohh he’s so handsome ! That Chinese I learnt last year might come in useful” she whispered just within my earshot. I heard the girl beside her ask.

“What was his name ? Luhun ? Or Luhan ?” But I didn’t stay to hear any more of their childish gossiping and hurriedly walked to class. It all clicked in my head, Luhan was the Chinese transfer student that Jongin had mentioned last night at the club. I couldn’t help but feel like there was something more to what he’d said but I just couldn’t seem to remember …

I reached the classroom and walked to the second to back row where I placed my bag on my desk and took out my study book to make revision notes during the class. I glanced at the clock and was glad to find that I’d made it with some tome to spare despite the hold up and waited as the students filed into the room one by one before the teacher appeared and started talking … for reasons unknown, I began to feel uneasy …

“Before we begin, I’d like to introduce our new student ...” he made a gesture to the person waiting outside the door … Luhan walked in carrying a pile of books in his arms and bowed politely to the class. My body tensed and I stared at him with wide eyes.

“Hello ! My name is Luhan, I am a transfer student from China. Please look after me.” As he said the last sentence, his eyes caught mine and he stared at me through nerdy glasses, much like my own. I quickly broke eye contact and kept my face emotionless as I pretended to write something down in my book. I felt his eyes bore into my head as I ignored his stare and stared at the posters on the wall warning students about exams and stress. I tried to block out the girlish whispers about Luhan than surrounded me and concentrate on the lesson but my gaze kept settling on the desk two rows in front of mine to the left, where he sat with a study book open.

I noticed how he kept tensing and relaxing his fists and tabbing his foot against the floor as if he was nervous or impatient. A few times he would squeeze his eyes together tightly and widen them again before focusing, once again, on the professor. It must be a habit or fatigue. I tried to focus on my exams which were rapidly approaching because I would definitely need to study if I wanted to get a good result. The question and worry that bothered me the most was … what was I going to do when I finished school ? I didn’t have a planned future, no inheritance, no realistic aspirations …

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

After class, Luhan walked up and stood in front of my desk. A few students who were left in the classroom glanced our way and whispered …

“Why are you ignoring me Min ?” He asked but it was nothing I didn’t expect. I acted oblivious.

“Min ? I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re talking about. My name is Lee Minyoung, nice to meet you” I bowed before adjusting my glasses and rushing out of class before he could argue back. Hopefully he’d take the hint and would leave me alone, I didn’t want my life outside of school to bother me during class; that was something I really couldn’t handle at the moment. It’d be too overwhelming.

I found Hyori and Jongin sat on the grass outside the music rooms, laughing and chatting, so I plopped down beside them. I couldn’t wait to spill my news about Luhan.

“You’ll never guess who that new exchange student is ?” I said hurriedly and the couple glanced at each other hesitantly … they looked extremely suspicious … “wait … do you guys know ?” I asked, slightly annoyed.

“I’m sorry Min … his name sounded familiar but I didn’t remember, not until Jongin mentioned him again today ..” Hyori said looking at the ground in guilt. I huffed but decided not to dwell upon her mistake.

“Never mind … ” I rolled my eyes. She suddenly looked excited as she recalled something and looked directly at me, smiling.

“You’ll never guess what I found Min …” she turned and beamed at Jongin who was smiling back at her before they both stood up and beckoned for me to follow them.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

They lead me to an old building near the back end of the school – it looked like it hadn’t been used in a while but its condition wasn’t bad. We walked through the main door and then down a corridor with white walls and old posters plastered up all along the walls before we came to a pair of old, worn double doors.

Hyori turned to me, grinning, before swinging the two doors open and I stared into the room.

The floor was wooden, the walls decorated, a long mirror stretching down the length of the short room. It wasn’t the most modern dance studio I had seen, but it definitely seemed like the most beautiful to me. (Author: I imagined the dance studio to look like this).

I laughed and ran into the room before Hyori dragged a music player out of the cupboard - it was quite old but could play both tapes and CDs. She selected a tape from a box beside it and placed it in the player before the music blasted out into the room. The track was old but it was great none-the-less – I could feel the music.

In the time we had left, we did the only thing we could do together in that small, darkened practice room … we danced. The bass pumping, the voices ringing, our limbs moving.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Author's Note:

Here is the second chapter - Did you like it ?? 

tumblr_lhy2w3HScS1qd2tiuo1_500.gif

Also ... a special thank you to dandanoo for upvoting (so early !!)

tumblr_ljiix3aDew1qbdxyp.gif

Please comment and subscrible ^^

I think this story will finish around 10 chapters, give or take a few - I have to finish it for the 21st June so it can't be too long ~~~

***Gif credit to owners***