Chapter 15

OH, BABY YOU!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Ljoe held back the anger he felt when Jonghyun's name was brought up. Jonghyun was his brother and they used to be really close. While Ljoe was in Korea and almost finishing in High school, Jonghyun decided to marry Dina. It hasnt been a year yet when the two of them dated but Jonghyun wanted to marry her and Dina was also in favor of this. Both the families of the two were a little bit worried because they might end up in a bad marriage since they havent known each other that long yet but they couldnt do anything about it since Jonghyun was really persistent about his decision. Ljoe was really against this until the wedding day but he didnt want to ruin that important day for Jonghyun so instead of frowning, he smiled at his brother who was making his way to the altar. 2 years later, Dina started going to clubs and drinking excessively that he needed to go on a tour to every club there is just to find his wife. On the first happenings, Jonghyun was still patiently fetching her from different clubs even if he finds her in the arms of other men or completely wasted on the bar counter. But the last time that Jonghyun fetched her, he was already full of it all. He confronted Dina while driving and because of the anger and frustration that Jonghyun felt, he wasnt paying much attention to his driving and it led both of them to a fatal car crash. Jonghyun was DOA (Dead On Arrival) but Dina was still spared. She was placed in the ICU but she was recovering really fast that in just 3 weeks, she was out of the hospital. Ljoe was really devastated about this tragedy and he blamed Dina for everything. Right now, Dina is working in the company as Jonghyun's wife but Ljoe really hates seeing her. All the other employees would call her Ljoe's older sister but he always denied it and hated being called her brother-in-law. All this time, Ljoe has always referred to her as his brother's murderer.

"Chanyeol, I think you've stepped over the line."

 "I think you stepped over the line Ljoe, Chunji is also my friend and he is living with my family back there in Korea so I consider him and Ellie as a part of my family. Please do yourself a favor and stop making a fool out of yourself. I have to go. I need to go back to work." Chanyeol started turning away and walked towards the door but his footsteps stopped when Ljoe called him.

 "What?" Chanyeol said without turning around to face Ljoe.

"Tell me what to do...." Ljoe said weakly so he turned around and looked at his phone which he set with Korea's Standard Time.

"Make sure you're free for the whole day tomorrow. I'll be fetching you at your apartment."

"Araseo..."

And with that Chanyeol continued to walk away and worked for the whole morning positively. He even went to the meeting with Chairman Lee without a single trace of nervousness. Even Ljoe's dad noticed about Ljoe and Victoria so he asked Chanyeol to take good care of Ljoe and his family, as their friend and he gladly obliged. A few moments later, a text message from Baekhyun arrived saying that they have 40 minutes after changing planes and would be arriving almost 10 hours from now and he also sent a picture of the two kids eating ice cream. Chanyeol smiled at the picture and called Chunji.

"Yeobeo!" Baekhyun answered happily.

"Yeobeo, how many packs of sugar did you give to those two? how come they're both awake and even smiled for the camera in the photo that you sent me just now?" Chanyeol said and laughed slightly.

"Molla, yeobeo. This ice cream is actually their first sweet thing today. I dont know what's gotten into them. I asked them if they were tired but they kept on saying they werent. They played and played with the games in the plane while Chunji and I snored our butts off."

"That's okay. It's even better since you wont be more tired. Thanks for taking care of the kids. By the way, where's Chunji?"

"He's talking to someone on the phone. I'm guessing it's Ljoe."

"Really? Why'd you say so?"

"He's somehow has his mouth open but he covered it with his hand. That shocked face he does when he gets bad news or something."

"BAD NEWS, BAEKHYUN?"

"Yup, bad news. There was one time when.... oh, I didnt get that fast enough. Does that mean he's receiving bad news right now?!"

"Call me back later. Sort things out with Chunji first." Chanyeol said and put down the call. He tried to call Ljoe but he was out of reach so Chanyeol concluded that it was really him who Chunji was talking to.

Chanyeol worked until 7:00 pm and got out of his office. In the elevator, he rode with Ljoe and he looked a little bit tired and sad. He asked whether he called Chunji but Ljoe said that he didnt have time to call them since he had a lot of meetings scheduled.

"Chanyeol, this is my first time today that Im having a clear mind. Please tell me what to do.. Help me."

"All you need to do is wake up early tomorrow. I'll be coming by your apartment and you have to come with me without any hesitation. I promise if you do exactly as I say, everything will be stopped from getting worse."

"Araseo.. I wont ask any more questions. I just trust that you know what you're doing."

"Trust me. I know what Im doing more than you know what you're doing."

The whole ride in the elevator from the 18th floor down to the first floor remained silent after those lines were said by the two. Just thinking about Baekhyun and Chunji and the kids arriving tomorrow was making him giddy that when the elevator opened, he immediately went out and asked for his car keys from the counter. He drove home not even thinking about stopping by his favorite fastfood store to grab something for his dinner. He couldnt contain the excitement he felt that it was as if his heart was skipping a beat while he was driving. When he got home, he saw boxes and luggages near the hallway and the lights were off. The house was emitting a really addicting smell of meat and soup so he looked at the kitchen table and found two bowls and a plate covered in foil. As much as he was hungry, he couldnt start to eat when he found two pairs of little shoes under the chair when he pulled it to take a seat. He recognized one of the pairs as the gift he gave to Hyeonchan on her recent birthday. It took him a minute to think that maybe those were Hyeonchan's and Ellie's. Could it be them?! But Baekhyun said that they still had 10 hours of travelling left. He left the kitchen and tiptoed going to the living room. LIght was going out through the slightly opened door and he could hear the sound of the AC and a person humming a lullaby. He peaked in and he realized that he was indeed right. It was Baekhyun lying next to Hyeonchan and he was singing her a lullaby to put her to sleep. Because of the sudden happiness that he felt, barged in the room.

"BAEKHY---!!!" Chanyeol's shout was muffled by a pillow that went flying towards him jst as he opened the door. Baekhyun shook his head and made the 'shh' sign with his finger. He then pointed at Chunji and Ellie who were already in dreamland and Chanyeol transferred his gaze to Hyeonchan who was on her thumb and slowly closing her heavy eyelids. Chanyeol just stood by the door holding the pillow that was thrown to him and just silently gazed at the peaceful scene of them going to sleep. When Baekhyun was sure that Hyeonchan already fell asleep he moved out of the bed slowly and went to Chanyeol. He pulled him out to the living room and they both stood near the TV. Chanyeol the light and he could see Baekhyun crying but trying to hold back but then again, his eyes would betray him and tears continued to flow out. Chanyeol went in front of him and held his face up.

"Is this really you, Chanyeol? Why have you gotten so thin? You havent been taking care of yourself. Your face is rough because of not shaving for a while already." Baekhyun said between sniffs as he slowly touched Chanyeol's face as if comparing the one he was holding to the one he had every inch memorized." I missed you so so so so much." he continued.

"Of course it's me. I missed you, too. I thought that frequent calling would be suffice but I never missed you and Hyeonchan this much. I can finally touch you, I can finally feel and hug you and be with you." Chanyeol said as he wiped the tears off of Baekhyun's face and pulled him into a hug.

"Why did you tell me you'd be arriving tomorrow?"

"What do you mean? I clearly said we have 10 minutes left of travelling time in my text message right? I sent it along with the kids' picture." 

"YOU SENT ME 10 HOURS. Do you know the difference between hours and minutes Baekhyun?"

"Sorry, it was my fault. Dont ruin the really great atmosphere. By the way, did you eat already?"

Chanyeol's tummy replied with a loud churn instead of him and this made Baekhyun laugh. He led him to the kitchen and heated the food they left for him.

"How did you get here? How did you get the key? Who gave you the address? Who was Chunji talking to earlier? Did he tell y--"

"You know what? I'll answer those questions right after you finish your meal. We still have lots of time. I'm just letting those three snore their butts of because I know they're pretty tired because of the journey going here."

"Aren't you?" Chanyeol said with his mouth stuffed with the food that he missed so much. This was clearly Baekhyun's cooking.

"DUH. I used to go on tours before we both got married remember? I can say Im more used to this than them. Finish your meal. I'll just watch TV there, okay?"

Chanyeol nodded in response. He finished his meal fast and sat next to Baekhyun. Baekyun turned down the volume when his husband sat down and looked at him.

"So, what do you wanna know?"

"Answer the questions I asked you earlier."

"Okay, we asked Chairman Lee for your house number and he sent us a car to fetch us from the airport. The driver gave us the spare key that Lee abeoji had and thats how we got here. Then we figured we needed to go shop for ingredients if we wanted to cook and LIVE so we went to the nearest mart. There. All clear?"

"Not yet, Who was Chunji talking to earlier?"

"It was the school principal. There was a sort of hostaging that happened in the school and Hyeonchan and Ellie's class was one of few rooms that were kept as hostages. It was a good thing that nobody got hurt except for the two teachers that protected the kids."

"Well, that is really bad news but Im guessing its not a good enough news to have Chunji really shocked."

"FOR A MOM, IT IS A BIG DEAL YOU KNOW. AND IF YOU'RE A CONCERNED CITIZEN THINK OF THE KIDS AND IMAGINE IF HYEON---"

"Okay, okay. Wrong choice of words. Forgive me."

"Fine. And what shocked him more was that the two teachers were L and Luna. L got shot on the shoulder while Luna got wounded by the glass that shattered near her when a bullet hit it. The kids are undergoing treatment right now for the trauma felt and so are L and Luna. C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter