KyungSoo - 8

She's My First Love

8

"Why are we going on a date?" Dasom curiously asked, we were walking together to the Nam San Tower. She was wearing a white summer dress with her hair in soft curls.

"Because thats what couples do," I smiled at her and intertwined my hand with hers’. She looked up at me flustered, "c-couple?" her cheeks began to flush a pretty pink color.

We didn't dwell on the matter of whether we were an official couple or not, but I knew one thing for sure, we liked each other.

As we reached near our destination, we started talking about the future once we leave our hell hole of a high school. We would learn and explore in college together and do whatever we wanted without being judged.

 

We never made it to college together.

 

"What should we do first?" I asked Dasom, she pondered on the thought and said, "Boats! Lets go ride on the boats!" She jumped up and down while pointing at the lake next to the Nam San bridge. I chuckled at her cute smile and nodded, agreeing to her suggestion.


 

"Why is this so hard?!" I groaned as I pumped my legs back and forth trying to pedal, it took all the strength in me to make the boat move.

"HAHAHA!" Dasom laughed and pointed at me, "you're even sweating!" She took out a handkerchief from her bag and dabbed it on my forehead.

"I didn't know you were so weak," she teased.

"YAH! You think this is so easy? Why don't you try it then!" I glared at her and she threw her handkerchief at my face and began to pedal. Gradually the boat began to move faster, gliding through the water smoothly with ease. My jaw dropped and I gawked at Dasom, she playfully winked at me, "you were saying?"


 

"How can a girl be so strong?" I muttered while I limped to the Namsan tower with Dasom. "How can a guy be so weak?" She countered, I gave her my death stare and poked her rib, she jolted with a yelp, "hey! I'm ticklish, don't do that!"

My frowning lips turned into a devious smile and I looked at Dasom with my eyebrows raised, "Ticklish huh?" I jumped at her and began tickling her waist and neck, she burst into a round of laughter and tried to run away from me, "Yah! Don't HAHAHA! I---HAHA!--TICKLES--HAHA!" Just as she was about to escape, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her against my chest. Her laughter died down and she turned her head and we both looked at each other. Her innocent hazel eyes blinked at me and I leaned against her forehead and gave her a small peck. "Have I told you how beautiful you are?" I asked, she shook her head and leaned against me. I smoothed my hand through her soft hair and sighed, "you're beautiful. Really."

Dasom squirmed out of my arms and shyly smiled at me, "Have I told you how cheesy you are?" She crinkled her nose and skipped away from me, towards the Namsan Tower. "Wait for me!"

 

"Whoa, this is so cool!" Dasom exclaimed, she walked by all the couple locks and looked at them closely. Each with different shaped locks in different colors: a red circle lock, pink heart lock, blue square lock, green rectangle lock, and many more. As she busied herself with adoring them all, I went over to the stand by the front door and purchased two heart locks, one pink and one blue. The ahjumma smiled and handed me a black sharpie, "are you here with your girlfriend?"

"Yes, she's over there." I pointed out Dasom for the ahjumma and she smiled, "she's very beautiful, take good care of her." I told her I would and bowed before walking back to Dasom.

She turned to me and her eyes landed on the locks, "A-are those for us?" I grinned and handed her the pink lock, "I want the world to know about the happy couple, Song Dasom and Do KyungSoo."

We sat down at a small table and began to write down our messages, after we finished writing down our names, we clasped our locks together onto the steel fence with the rest of the locks.

"Do Kyung Soo <3 Song Dasom."

"What was your message" I asked her, but she shook her head, "its a secret." I pouted at her “Why? I wanted to know what you wrote.” Again she shook her head, “if I tell you then my wish won’t come true.”

"Wish?" I asked a bit curious, she nodded her head, "I wrote down a wish, so you can't look at it." I rolled my eyes and finally gave in, "alright, but I'm going to read it the next time we come back." For a second she looked at me with an expressionless face, I couldn't tell if she was happy, mad, or sad. Just blank.

Did she know we wouldn't be able to visit again?

 

After eating on the first floor of NamSan tower, it was around 7 o'clock and we decided it was time to go home. As we got near to the lamp post by the street  that we always stopped at, Dasom hooked her arm with mine and I looked at her, "Did you have a good time today?"

She nodded her head with a bright smile, "It was the best. Thank you." I knew this time she was being genuine, because her eyes didn't have a glassy patch of sadness behind it, it was sparkling. She really was happy, and that made me really happy too. We weren't like the typical couple, I was never able to drop her off at her front door after our date, but that only made us unique and special. I dropped her off next to the lamp post, but neither of us moved. We stood in front of each other, not wanting to let go, not wanting to leave. I wanted to tell her how I had a great time too, how much I cared for her, how much her happiness meant the world to me, and how I wanted to go on more dates with her. But I was speechless, and our silence slowly became awkward.

"U-um, so I guess this is goodnight then. Bye Kyung Soo." It was obvious that Dasom was a bit upset, her lips were slightly frowning and she turned away from me with her head down. Its now or never.

"W-wait!" I stepped forward and pulled her back towards me. We gazed into each other's eyes and in that moment, everything just felt so right. I leaned towards her and tilted my head to the side, our lips locked perfectly together. I cupped her soft cheeks and moved my lips against hers, it was a sweet and delicate, just like how I imagined it to be. My heart raced and my body felt numb as a tingling sensation overcame me. I wanted to kiss her forever, but I somehow found some self control to pull away. Dasom's face was flushing red as I looked at her and I bit my bottom lip fighting back a big dorky grin, why was she so cute?



 

A/N: AAyyyooo! I felt like Kyung Soo and Dasom deserved a chapter where they could be happy together for once hehe ^_^ Even though this chapter was pretty short :P

and like always, Read, Comment, Subscribe, and Enjoy :D