Chapter 1: Damsels in Distress?

Haunted Village

Super Junior ran to the village and reached a rusty metal gate. Shindong pushed it open and went through the gate. The others followed. Silence. No traces of people nor a scream.

"It's abandoned," whispered Heechul, hugging himself.

"Then where did the screams come from?" Yesung demanded. "There has to be someone here."

The sky grew dark. "Let's look for shelter," suggested Siwon. "It looks like it's going to rain."

The others agreed. Lightning flashed and thunder crashed. Raindrops fell onto their faces.

"Let's go!" yelled Eunhyuk. He started running. "Over there!" he said, pointing to a nearby empty wooden house on stilts.

He reached the house and burst through the door. He stopped short. Donghae, who was behind him, crashed hard into him. "Ouch!"

9 lovely girls were sitting inside, with blankets covering themselves. They were trying to keep warm. One girl's hands were even shaking even though she was wearing mittens. The SJ boys slowly went into the house.

"Help us," said a girl. "We got lost," her eyes filled with tears.

"Our car broke down, we can't help you" said Leeteuk suspiciously, looking at them one by one. "Who are you, by the way?"

The girl tried to smile. "Taeyeon."

The girls introduced themselves.

"Jessica." A girl with blond hair smiled.

"Tiffany."

"Sunny."

"Hyoyeon." she said and buried her face into her hands.

"Yoona."

"Yuri."

"Sooyoung." Her hands shook with cold when she said her name.

"Seohyun."

Yesung looked around. "I'm Yesung, and this is Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung."

"I'm Ryeowook, and this is Siwon hyung, Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk hyung."

"Shindong."

"Sungmin."

"Donghae."

"Nice to meet you," said Leeteuk. He finally smiled.

Taeyeon pulled him close. "Listen, you have to help us. Someone is after us, chasing us. We don't know who. Who knows, they might be after you, too."

The SJ boys heard this and their skins prickled with fear. Leeteuk pulled back. "Erm, we'll see what we can do," he said feebly, ashamed because he was scared.

The scream came again. And it sounded like it came from behind the boys, at the doorway.