Chapter 8

Inevitable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom’s POV

Chances were given to us by choice or by luck, for example a chance to meet your idol by the luck of a draw. Luck is just basically a fancy way of saying gamble, it gives you hope and sometimes its better if you didn’t even hope in the beginning because frankly luck is only for a handful of people whereas the rest aren’t so lucky. 

 

This brings me to the other way of a chance, by choice, this is another decision which can be made by someone, for instance giving a friend another chance to make up for their mistake. A backstabbing friend may seem like a person whom you may never want to give a chance again….but then you look back at the memories that you had together, where giving them another chance may not seem like such a bad idea after all. 

 

“Actually…I did…”

 

“Seunghyun…” I breathed, blinking profusely as I stared at the male in front of me incredulously.

 

Chuckling lightly at my response, Seunghyun rubbed back of his neck with his hand, “that’s me…”

 

“I’m so sorry…I should have told you sooner,” I apologized, “when I saw you I should have confessed straight away.”

 

“Ssh, Bom…” Seunghyun hushed, rushing over from his seat to mine.

 

The familiar feeling of his arms greeted me, his scent breaking down all of my senses as I hugged him senseless, “I-I…”  I stuttered, unsure on what to say as Seunghyun cradled me in his arms.

 

“I was mad…” Seunghyun started, “I overreacted, I know I did, but you had to understand how I reacted.”

 

“I know, I know,” I replied, “it was a mistake.”

 

“Jiyong talked to you didn’t he?” Seunghyun chuckled, “I met him as I walking towards here.”

 

“He did…I swear he’s our number one fan,” I smiled.

 

“Tell me about it, I’ll have to thank him one day,” Seunghyun agreed as he proceeded to take my seat while I naturally moved onto his laps.

 

Feeling relieved to have him back again, I brought my hand towards his face, “you didn’t shave…” I commented, his short stubble tickling my fingers as I ran them down his jaw.

 

“How could I when the only thing on my mind these past few days was you?” 

 

“Please Seunghyun, you’re making me cringe,” I teased, leaning my forehead onto his.

 

He breathed out a smirk, his hand finding it’s way onto the small of my back, “that’s not the only thing I can make you do…why don’t we go back to my place?”

 

“If you don’t we’ll just get thrown out of this cafe for inappropriate behaviour,” I whispered, kissing the corner of his lips teasingly.

 

“Have no fear, manager hyung is waiting outside with my van,” he cheered, picking me up in no time.

 

Throwing me over his shoulder, Seunghyun went ahead to pick up my Chanel bag choosing to the most subtle way - hint the sarcasm - of making our exit as he cheered triumphantly. Earning ourselves looks from strangers some nudged each other with the recognition while others just pouted with jealousy as they looked on.

 

Kicking the door open the cold breeze of the night hit our skin as I continued to stare at the back of the Seunghyun’s clothes. Feeling myself bounce up and down on his shoulder with each step he took, I felt him come to a stop as he coughed uncontrollably on his spot.

 

“H-hi…” 

 

Instantly knowing who’s voice that belonged to, I raised my head from behind Seunghyun’s head as if to have visual confirmation as the troublemaker stood there right in front of our eyes.

 

“Oh Kris…what are you doing here?” Seunghyun asked in a hushed tone.

 

“Just going to get myself a cup of hot chocolate…” Kris answered.

 

Feeling the tension between the two I dropped my head back down seeking refuge behind his back wanting to hide from the latter, “you came all the way down here just for hot chocolate?” Seunghyun replied back with curiosity.

 

“Someone once told me they had really good hot chocolate here…” Kris spoke, bringing the goosebumps to rise on my arms, “we never had the chance to go together so I had to find the place myself.”

 

Biting my lower lip knowing he was referring to me, I poked Seunghyun’s to remind him of the current situation I was in right now, “yah, don’t take advantage of me,” Seunghyun reprimanded, fixing my position on his shoulder.

 

“Let’s go now…please…” I croaked, knowing Seunghyun’s blood would boil even more with each second he would look at the male.

 

“Wait,” Seunghyun halted me, “did you come alone?”

 

“No, I actually-“

 

“You know what I don’t really care,” Seunghyun interrupted, “look man I don’t want to make a bigger deal than it already is but don’t touch my girlfriend…we’re together for a reason and we would both really appreciate it if you stayed within the boundaries.”

 

“I’m sorry?” Kris mumbled surprised.

 

“I know about what you did at the mall,” Seunghyun clarified, “it’s really low of you to attempt that but in the end we’re still together so I hope that proves that you should just stay away from us.”

 

Scrunching my eyes shut even more listening to the ongoing conversation between the two, I prayed to the heavens for this moment to be over and to have Seunghyun to just carry me to the goddamn van.

 

“Look I’m sorry that happened but-“ Kris tried to reason.

 

“But what? You kissed my girlfriend man, what else do you want me to hear?” Seunghyun cut in yet again, “let’s just go our separate ways okay?”

 

“Oh hyung! Noona! Fancy seeing you guys here!” the cheerful voice of an Exo member cheered, joining .

 

“Hi Sehun, we’re going first but enjoy your evening,” Seunghyun forced himself to say, before walking past the two.

 

“You too hyung! Remember to be gentle to noona!” Sehun teased erupting in his own fit of laughter.

 

“I will!” Seunghyun gloated, slapping my lightly trying to convey his message even more to Kris, as if his words were not enough.

 

Knowing he had a point I decided to let him be, maybe this was the final draw that Kris needed so that he would just stop bothering me. A sign that it was time for me to ignore and just forget about him, move on and continue my unfinished story with the man who carrying me right at that moment.

 

“Are we going home?” I inquired, feeling quite dizzy as he put me down in the seat beside him in the van.

 

“Yeah, back to my place,” Seunghyun sighed, rubbing his temples as the van jolted forward.

 

my dry lips, I reached out for Seunghyun’s hand unsure on what he was thinking, “you okay? You were getting pretty worked up out there…”

 

“I’m okay…I actually feel better getting that off my chest but it’s just that his face irritates me so much,” Seunghyun reassured, his thumb grazing against hand affectionately.

 

“We should just forget about it, like you said it was just a kiss,” Seunghyun smiled, glancing at me as his dimples surfaced.

 

“It was,” I said confidently, watching him bring my hand up to his both, his soft lifts touching my skin lightly.

 

“Well let’s get home and have dinner,” Seunghyun chuckled, “Minzy warned me that a certain someone left Mnet immediately without joining them for dinner.”

 

“That girl…” I smiled softly.

 

“We should really consider adopting her,” Seunghyun replied with a smile.

 

Tilting my head at the younger male, I squinted my eyes at him, “are you saying you want to have a family with me? Does that mean you’ll marry me?” I teased playfully.

 

“With you? No way…” Seunghyun laughed.

 

Looking away as the warmth and the familiar feeling of having him beside me radiated within me once again, I stared into the darkness of the night through the window as his manager manoeuvred across the streets towards his villa.

 

“One day Bom…one day…” Seunghyun whispered suddenly with his low voice, chills going down my spine as a shy smile flushed across my face as I still looked out of the car.

 

It was those moments when Seunghyun would call me Bom rather than noona would my heart flutter, as childish as it sounds it makes me forget that I’m the older one in the relationship. That I don’t have to always be the more responsible one, Seunghyun had more than proved that he could take care of me…that he would always be there for me…that I can put my guard down around him.

 

“Bom…” 

 

“Hm?” I hummed, finding myself look straight into his eyes.

 

“You’re drifting…what were you thinking about?” Seunghyun questioned, bringing his glass of wine to his mouth as we now both sat leisurely on the carpet in his living room.

 

“You…” I answered honestly, not bothering to be shy about it.

 

Smiling proudly, he put his glass back down onto the floor, “well what kind of thoughts?” he playfully asked.

 

“I’m not that big of a ert okay…I was thinking about us…” I shrugged, scooting closer to him with our backs leaning on the sofa.

 

Chuckling hearing my statement, he threw his arm around my shoulder naturally, “well Park Bom…I beg to differ about you denying that you’re not such a ert.”

 

“I’m serious…” I whispered, my head plopping down onto his shoulder limply.

 

I could sense a smile on his face without having to look at him, but I knew he still wore on as his thumb started to draw invisible circles on my arm, “tomorrow’s Friday meaning you don’t have a music show.”

 

“What are you implying? I’m thinking our trusty leader wants me to work on my impeccable dance moves again so I can’t really say I’m that free,” I replied with sarcasm.

 

“Well stay over the night at least…” Seunghyun whispered quietly, his nose finding its way easily to my neck thanks to my messy bun.

 

I fluttered my eyes shut giving in to his touch, “that was already a given…” I replied, putting down my own wine glass.

 

“That’s great…because I miss you Bom…it’s been awhile since we’ve…” Seunghyun groaned, his teeth grazing lightly against my ear.

 

“Before that…” I spoke, bringing him to pause his tactics, “I’ve been wanting to get this off my chest and I feel like I need to tell you this after what happened recently.”

 

I’ve been thinking about it for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter