Chapter 5

Inevitable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom’s POV

It was slowly becoming clearer to me that new company wasn’t such a bad idea after all, it gave me the chance to escape the miserable atmosphere whenever I would have to face the other half of my group. Where these new faces were refreshing, their energy and activeness enjoyable where there was hardly any dull moments with them.

 

As much as I did not want to admit it, they were growing on me, even though it meant me facing my past, but I knew the mature way was to deal with this. I have Seunghyun why linger about the past, just move on and live in the moment, and this moment I was as Minzy and I spent our free time with twelve guys and Seunghyun. Nothing out of the ordinary, it wasn’t like we couldn’t handle them, I mean…it was like I basically had all of them wrapped around my finger.

 

“No! That’s mine, get your own!” I scolded Baekhyun, watching his itchy hand slyly reach out for my bucket, slapping them away before he could even touch my beloved food.

 

“But sharing is caring noona! And we only bought seven!” Baekhyun replied outraged still trying to get his hands on the snack, while I turned my body shielding my precious food.

 

“That’s not my problem!” I said insensitively, nibbling on a piece.

 

“Do the math noona, there’s fifteen of us that means one bucket is supposed to be shared among three,” Baekhyun argued, still not backing down, “besides TOP hyung seems like he doesn’t eat popcorn.”

 

“Who says I don’t?” Seunghyun mumbled with his eyebrows raised, “I’ve learnt to let her eat first until she’s fed enough.”

 

“Does that even make sense? You’re basically giving into her!” Baekhyun whined, now leaning over my shoulder his fingertips just a few centimetres away.

 

“No that’s compromising, it’s not like she doesn’t let me eat,” Seunghyun explained, “if I eat with her now its impossible her hand will always be inside the bucket, there’s no interval for me to slip my hand in.”

 

“But how about me?” Baekhyun strained, his arm stretched out to its maximum while I held the bucket further away from him.

 

“You do realise there are like six other buckets, why mine? I mean ours?” I corrected myself, smiling sheepishly at Seunghyun.

 

“I give up noona! I thought you would let me eat,” Baekhyun surrendered dejectedly, leaning away from me as he resorted to sharing with Chanyeol and Xiumin.

 

“Unnie doesn’t share food, just letting you guys all know that,” Minzy announced, sitting rigidly on her spot.

 

“Wait! Who’s my baby Minkki sharing popcorn with?” I questioned, halting everyone from making another move as their heads whipped towards the other female.

 

“Oh no it’s okay…I’m still quite full,” Minzy excused, knowing she’s just too shy to share with them.

 

“Nonsense…why would you be full?” I laughed stiffly, thankful that none of them realised that four of us had snacks beforehand, “Lulu share with her.”

 

Not seeing it as a hard order, Luhan who was sitting on the opposite side sharing with Sehun, hummed obediently getting ready to hop back up onto his feet right before somebody else beat him to it.

 

“It’s alright I’ll share,” Kai offered, already on his way to Minzy.

 

“Wha-what about me?!?!” Chen exclaimed shocked, “just because there’s a girl you ditch me?” 

 

“I’m not ditching you,” Kai blushed, glaring back at his hyung.

 

“Oh well it seems like it…now who am I supposed to share with?” Chen mumbled bitterly, giving Kai a stink eye whilst he settled beside the now shy Minzy.

 

“You can share with me,” Lay offered, his dimples surfacing as he stretched out his hand.

 

“Who were you sharing with before?” Chen asked scooting beside his fellow Exo-M member.

 

“No one…I thought we all had one each,” Lay cutely answered, popping a piece into his mouth.

 

Hearing his statement, the Exo members shook their head all together, “you’re always out of it aren’t you?” Chen laughed before joining him to munch on the snack.

 

“All the light bickering reminds me of how…” I whispered quietly, only allowing Seunghyun and Minzy to hear.

 

“How we used to be like…” Minzy continued with a sad tone, glancing at each other simultaneously.

 

“Of what?” Chanyeol caught, asking obliviously. 

 

“Oh it’s nothing,” Minzy and I both dismissed.

 

“Ayy…that’s unfair, we shared so you should also share, it’s only fair,” Luhan pointed out, shrugging his shoulders bashfully.

 

“Sometimes I have dreams that I would stab you to death,” I said sarcastically, squinting my eyes at the male.

 

Luhan who was more than taken aback with my statement stretched his index finger at me accusingly, “as much as that creeps me out, my take is that you have dreams about me,” he answered smugly.

 

“You wish,” I laughed, “but on the side note, Seunghyun over here weirdly enjoys drawing even though he…isn’t the best at it.”

 

“Kris hyung also at drawing, feels like he’s Picasso,” Sehun teased, glancing over at the latter with a mischievous look.

 

“In other ways Kris oppa and TOP oppa have that in common then,” Minzy clarified.

 

“Nice way of saying I at drawing, but why not something about yourself?” Seunghyun challenged, looking at me.

 

“Unnie sleeps while eating or she sleeps with food on her bed so she could eat it right when she wakes up,” Minzy shared, taking the honour of doing it herself.

 

“That’s not that bad, but I won’t say anything about you in return since you yourself have some explaining to do…” I grinned, my eyes turning into slits.

 

“Explaining?” Minzy repeated puzzled on what I was going on about.

 

“Oh…how you know so much about Exo,” Seunghyun explained, catching on to what I meant.

 

“You don’t just like them, you’re a total fangirl!” I giggled, watching her grow red.

 

“Unnie! Oppa!!!” Minzy yelled, shrinking into her seat with the topic constantly rising.

 

“Well I’m a fanboy of you sunbae,” Kai smiled gratefully at Minzy, the rest of growing silent as we observed the two in action.

 

“Looks like cupid visited here,” Chen coughed slyly, looking away immediately before he caught my glare.

 

“Alright break it up kids,” I clapped my hands, standing up from my seat before squishing myself in between the youngsters.

 

“Coc.k blocker,” Baekhyun commented about the scene.

 

“Minus points for you!” I mocked the vocalist, “I was planning to invite you guys to our dorm after this but thanks to you mister I don’t think that’ll happen.”

 

“Hyung!!!” Chanyeol complained unhappy.

 

“I was going to cook dinner for you lot, but at this rate only Suho, Xiumin and Lay would be invited,” I continued, “you guys didn’t think I would punish you all for annoying me now did you?”

 

“Noona, don’t you think that’s a bit harsh?” Chanyeol questioned, eager to visit our dorm.

 

“Nope not at all, Kai especially won’t be allowed to step foot inside,” I answered, hugging Minzy protectively.

 

“Noona I didn’t mean any harm…I’m just a fan!” Kai replied with surprise.

 

“Don’t noona me!” I mocked with a sour tone, “I know that look in your eyes little boy, it wasn’t just a look of admiration, it was a I-wanna-get-inside-her-pants look!”

 

“Woah, don’t you think that’s a bit over the top?” Seunghyun interjected, alarmed about watching me get ahead of myself.

 

“Unnie stop!” Minzy exclaimed, burying her face in her hands.

 

Catching the rest of the boys cover their mouths trying stifle their laughter, I turned back to Kai reluctantly, “baby steps…” I surrendered, locking eyes with Seunghyun as in a silent agreement for me to back down.

 

“Sunbae I really didn’t mean it in that way, I do just look up to Minzy,” Kai said helplessly.

 

“I know I know…but I can read people’s intentions…and I hate to break it to you…it’s more than just admiration…” I smirked, patting his cheek before jumping up to my feet again.

 

“I’ll compromise, you guys can still share your popcorn, but Lulu I need you to be their chaperone throughout the movie,” I ordered, chuckling to myself at the thought of it.

 

“Don’t you think that’s too much?” Kris asked, amused with my instincts.

 

“Nothing is ever too much until Kai passes my approval,” I answered, “besides if you’re a good guy you won’t have a problem at all,” I announced, watching shivers run down the male’s spine as he fidgeted in his seat.

 

“Excuse me the suite is now open,” the usher announced, approaching our group intimidated.

 

“Oh noona, in this suite you have to sit in pairs,” Luhan recalled, as we all moved towards the movie suite.

 

“And your point is?” I replied with an unfazed gaze.

 

“Luhan hyung can’t chaperone since there are only two seats per booth,” Suho explained gratefully.

 

“I’ think Lulu and Kai can squeeze into one seat…” I answered with a matter of fact tone.

 

“But we won’t be comfortable,” Luhan protested with a slight pout.

 

“I think Lulu and Kai can squeeze into one seat,” I repeated mercilessly.

 

“Wow that’s really cruel,” Baekhyun retorted, shaking his head playfully at me.

 

“Going all out huh?” I shifted my attention to the mischievous male.

 

“Since you mentioned that I got minus points, I don’t see any harm in saying whatever I want to say,” Baekhyun shared a great point.

 

“He’s honest,” Seunghyun nodded his head approvingly, leading me into the dim hall.

 

“Fine…Kai and Minzy can have their date but keep it PG-13,” I grimaced, blurting out anything that comes to mind, “you can hold hands but if I find out that you attempted to slap your lips on my baby it’ll be the death of you.”

 

“Unnie!!!” Minzy shrunk even more, her face as red as a tomato despite the lack of light, “it’s not a date!”

 

“They’re not even friends yet,” Seunghyun pointed out, “let them go at their own pace.”

 

“Waahh…hyung and noona are like Minzy’s parents,” Chen commented amused by the scene, “remember to keep your hormones in tact you wild and y maknae.”

 

“Hyung!!!”It was Kai’s turn to complain, hearing his hyung’s words as the two youngsters walked side by side stiffly, “I’m not like that!”

 

“You better not be…hold it in until you guys are officially together,” Suho lectured, as everyone separated into their respective seats.

 

“Chincha….” Minzy shook her head with disbelief, “can you believe them?”

 

“Tell me about it, I think their age is getting to them,” Kai agreed, leading Minzy to their seat despite everyone’s statements.

 

“We’re not old!” the rest of us yelled at them two.

 

“If you say so~” Minzy playfully sang, as we settled into our reclinable seats.

 

“What movie are we watching anyways?” I questioned glancing at Seunghyun getting some privacy at last.

 

“The boys picked ‘The Fault in Our Stars’,” Seunghyun answered with a grin, his dimples surfacing.

 

“Really? The boys are sappy?” I laughed, surprised with their choice of movie.

 

“But if you think about it…it’s the perfect movie to get Minzy and Kai going,” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Going? Get going at what? It’s not like they’re rabbits, stop talking,” I said with my eyes widened, horrified with the thought.

 

“Calm down,” Seunghyun laughed, reaching for my hand as I felt his thumb rub circles on my own, feeling myself sink into my seat with comfort.

 

“I know Minzy can start dating…but I just don’t want her to get hurt…” I admitted as if answering Seunghyun’s silent question, “we have to deal with so much within our group, I don’t want to see her breakdown with more on her plate with a guy in the picture.”

 

“Who says she’ll end up with Kai, or one of the Exo members?” Seunghyun asked back, “they’re not even friends yet, so let’s not get ahead of ourselves…Minzy’s a strong girl she can handle him.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter