Chapter 4

Inevitable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom’s POV

Have you ever experienced that feeling when you’re making a mistake you get the gut feeling of guilt simultaneously taking over all your senses as you continued to make a fault. It was like your body refused to give in to the right or wrong, where some may define this as a ‘in-the-moment’ kind of scenario as the male stood his ground without faltering, while collective gasps and coughs of embarrassment were heard with each second passing by without us breaking apart.

 

I would agree that public displays of affection do tend to make me feel awkward, especially when I would spot a possessive couple not being able to keep their itchy hands off of each other. Bile would rise up in my throat watching such repulsive behaviour, not for the fact I was jealous just that I did not understand the need to shove your status with one another in strangers faces. Technically their relationship is none of my business, where I could just easily ignore and continue with my own thing, but how would you expect someone to react when people were basically eating each other’s faces right in front of me.

 

“That’s probably not oppa…they’re not allowed to date yet…right?” a female croaked, her voice slightly cracking with the unbearable thought of her idol being in a relationship.

 

Of course despite my own opinion on PDA, my stand right now on the escalator was far from being as worse from what I described of my experience of PDA of strangers…this was just a small kiss…a peck or smooch at its best…but…this was wrong…totally wrong.

 

Regaining my senses after my shock from the younger male’s bold move, I leaned away breaking off contact with the strange male my eyes looking accusingly with his own, “yeah, why would EXO even be here at the mall, they’re not that stupid to do something so risky,” the female’s friend comforted themselves.

 

“T-this never happened…” I muttered beneath my breath furious, covering my mouth before turning back to face Luhan’s back.

 

“Where should we go?” Luhan asked oblivious, the four of us stepping off the escalator respectively as we were then met by the interior of the spacious mall.

 

“Anywhere, we won’t need to buy too much stuff to disguise ourselves since we aren’t wearing anything too flashy,” Minzy answered, linking her slim hand with mine.

 

“Actually we don’t need to buy anything…” I shrugged, trying to shake off the thought of Kris in my head, “in my opinion we’re not even using anything that would cause people to look at us.”

 

“Except the fact that oppa’s walk is too…” Minzy commented, thinking of an appropriate word to use as she pointed at the tallest person with us.

 

“Gangster?” Luhan continued, “you’ve always had this demeanour…like you’re so high up there looking like a cold guy.”

 

Hearing his fellow member’s description of himself, the latter just glared at him openly baring his teeth displeased, “please, I can’t help it, I’m just cool like that,” he smirked.

 

“Lulu has a point though,” I agreed with the grinning male’s expression changing to a sour one, “try to blend in the crowd, I think we can just go buy a snack before meeting up with the others since we’re settled that disguises are a no-no for us.”

 

“Are you sure you’re saying that since we really don’t need disguises or do you just want to eat snacks?” Luhan accused with a eyebrow quirked up.

 

“Since you don’t trust me you can go buy disguises be my guest, I’ll just go with my baby Minkki to buy snacks,” I shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“I’m just joking noona,” Luhan pouted like a small kid, stepping closer to me as he linked his arm with my free arm.

 

“Well Lulu…refusing snacks isn’t a joke, that’s an offence,” I lectured him, turning to face his side profile on my right.

 

“I wonder what TOP oppa picked out for himself,” Minzy giggled, aware of how his bingu side would cause him to choose a fashion wreck outfit.

 

“You don’t trust him?” Luhan questioned, peeking from my right side casually as we strolled down the mall.

 

“I do…just not when it comes to disguises…he may be a little bit over the top sometimes,” I explained, laughing lightly to myself recalling the ridiculous memories of him dressed up like a ninja with a mask.

 

“Big Bang hyungs are fashionistas,” Luhan complimented, the three of us searching for a place to chill for the time being.

 

“Yes…they do love to experiment,” Minzy accepted.

 

“Oh Kris you were there?” Luhan blurted, having the male overtake us, walking ahead of us.

 

“Duh, if you stopped being such a puppy following noona you would have remembered,” Kris blabbed.

 

“Oppa seems hurt you abandoned him for us,” Minzy joked lightly.

 

Hearing her words Kris glanced back at us briefly before continuing to look ahead, “I think you should accompany him, he might just stab someone at this rate,” I half whispered half spoke to Luhan.

 

“I heard that noona…I’m not deaf,” Kris sang song, pointing calmly at a cafe towards the right.

 

“He he he…” I coughed awkwardly whilst shoving Luhan towards his group member.

 

“Suho texted me he said meet near the cinema in about 30 minutes,” Kris informed us, being a gentleman for once as he stood beside the door holding it open while the rest of us entered the cafe.

 

“That’s more than enough time for unnie to stuff herself,” Minzy teased, shuffling towards the counter.

 

“I would know,” Kris snorted, unaware of what he said.

 

“Why would you know?” Luhan scrutinised, his eyes squinted at the taller male.

 

Minzy whom found the latter’s mistake amusing, grinned to herself whilst she wiggled her eyebrows at me playfully, “just a guess…you can tell by her figure,” Kris shrugged indifferently.

 

“What about my figure?!?!” I exclaimed insulted.

 

“Noona’s figure is fine…” Luhan replied, “is there something I don’t know??”

 

“What are you talking about oppa? All I got from what you said is that you’re a ert who observed my unnie’s body,” Minzy smartly retorted, trying to move away from interrogating Kris.

 

“What? How does it always end up back to me?” Luhan complained.

 

‘Thank you…’ I mouthed at Minzy, thankful to have such a wonderful person in my life.

 

“The fact is making fun of you is their happiness…” Kris enlightened Luhan, “I thought you figured that out by now, you were the chosen one right when noona made you sit beside them.”

 

“You make it sound like we’re making him our victim!” Minzy squealed.

 

“Is he not?” Kris posed, his perfectly shaped eyebrow raised.

 

Rolling my eyes inwardly I patted Luhan’s head, “why don’t you kids find us a table, let me handle all the food,” I suggested.

 

“Unnie knows best when it comes to food, just my usual drink please unnie!” Minzy nodded her head with easy acceptance.

 

“I’ll help her with the food,” Kris muttered between his coughs, making it harder for us all to comprehend what he had just said.

 

“I’ll rather let Lulu help me,” I retorted, catching every word he said despite his effort of covering it up.

 

“Give me a break first noona…Kris is capable of carrying everything, so you don’t have to raise a single finger,” Luhan informed me, before ushering Minzy away before I could even protest.

 

It was like one of those moments when your friends leave you with their friend, or in other words a complete stranger, it was awkward yet you wanted to find a way to break the ice. Just that in our situation Kris wasn’t a complete stranger…he was in fact the complete opposite.

 

“Control yourself otherwise this whole YG-SM friendship will stop blooming,” I warned with my jaw tight.

 

“It was barely a kiss, a peck even,” Kris dismissed, the two of us approaching the cashier for our turn.

 

“It was still a kiss, look Kris I’m happy with my relationship as it is and I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t wreck it,” I argued with him in a hushed tone.

 

“Have it your way, if it meant nothing to you then why are you so worked up?” he replied with ease.

 

“Two chai lattes, then one corn muffin, one slice of that double chocolate cake and one of those sandwiches please,” I ignored Kris’s words.

 

“What are you? Eating for two?” Kris joked

 

“That’s for both Minzy and I, now go ahead and order for you both,” I ordered him, motioning my head to the awaiting female.

 

“One americano and one espresso shot,” Kris obeyed, glancing at the staff briefly.

 

“Still an espresso person I see,” I mumbled, handing my credit card simultaneously.

 

“I haven’t change that much,” Kris said almost surprised with my statement.

 

I scoffed hearing his sentence, looking sideways at him for a moment before returning my attention back to the counter, “says the person with the cold city guy image,” I retorted.

 

“Besides when have you been so interested in my image?” Kris pointed out, feeing a smirk play across his face.

 

“Get over yourself, do you have a brain the size of a walnut or do you just choose to play cocky all the time?” I rolled my eyes inwardly, “recall Luhan calling you cold city guy? Because for me I actually do pay attention in conversations.”

 

“Thank you, please collect your order to the side,” the waitress interjected before allowing Kris to react.

 

Smiling genuinely at the female, I walked towards the side whilst fixing my card back into my current favourite Chanel Lego Bag with the taller male trailing behind me almost as if he was my own personal bodyguard.

 

“Look Kris…by the looks of it and the effort your bandmates are giving, we’ll be around one another quite often…more than I would like,” I explained to him without looking at him directly.

 

Kris hummed at my words, silently agreeing with everything I had just shared, “go on,” he mumbled.

 

“Long story short we have to be friendlier to one another, that includes you not mistreating Seunghyun and especially Minzy,” I continued, “at this rate I can’t act like I don’t know you, so how about a do over?”

 

“A do over? As what? A pathetic friendship?” Kris mocked, throwing his head back with amusement.

 

“Then what? What do you want me to say?” I growled from behind my teeth, “we can either treat this situation like kids or be mature, and from what I see the mature way is the way to go.”

 

“The thing is you’ve never been really mature…that’s what I find so absurd about this whole suggestion,” Kris replied, bowing his head at me.

 

“Absurd or not, I’m doing this for the benefit of your group, now it up or else you’re going to get the backlash from your own bandmates that you’re being rude,” I reprimanded him, “I have no clue what’s gotten into you, but why don’t you clear your mind before you say another word.”

 

“Here’s your order ma’am,” the barista announced to us, pushing the tray filled with different arrangements towards us.

 

Without having to open my mouth or order the male with me, Kris readily reached for the tray his nimble hands wrapping themselves around the edges of the oak wood object before I proceeded to lead him towards the two whom were gratefully engrossed in an conversation.

 

“I don’t see how that helps though…” Minzy said with reluctance as her eyes stared at Luhan with scrutinisation. 

 

“I’m serious, pinching yourself helps you reach those high notes…right Kris?” Luhan turned to for backup.

 

“How should I know? I don’t sing, I’m a rapper remember?” Kris reminded his hyung, laying down the tray he held.

 

“Besides you would look like a freak pinching yourself while you sing,” Minzy counterattacked with a happy smile.

 

“Why, do you sing like that?” I grinned, settling into the seat beside Minzy.

 

“Not during live performances he doesn’t…thank god to that,” Kris shivered in his seat just at the thought of it.

 

“Excuse me…I only heard about that technique that doesn’t necessarily mean I use it,” Luhan cried in defence, reaching for his drink on the tray that Kris had brought over.

 

“Moving on from that, Lulu do you currently have eyes on someone particular?” I said with hungry eyes, itching for some gossip to get myself going.

 

“Oh no…good luck with this side of unnie…” Minzy giggled, popping a bit of the muffin into before leaning back into her seat with her latte in grasp.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter