Chapter 3

Inevitable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bom’s POV

 

Sometimes waiting is the hardest part, whether it be waiting for your results from a life changing exams which could potentially determine if you continue further your education or repeat? Or even waiting the results from scans or tests performed on you to check whether you were healthy as you thought you were or the opposite. Long story short, waiting makes everyone anxious, thousands of possibilities popping in your mind from advantageous to disadvantageous possibilities.

 

Obviously not as nervous as I was, I released my breath which I didn’t even know I was holding in as Seunghyun rubbed his thumb on my hand he held, flashing a small but encouraging smile as the numbers on the elevator changed with each second passing. Knowing we were to step into YG’s intimidating 7th floor, but if you actually thought about it, his office wasn’t as scary as it could be, he collected figures which showed he was better than a strict and stuck-up person.

 

“But his collectibles do look at you like they are mocking you,” Seunghyun shivered on his spot, as if listening to my thoughts as well.

 

“Only you get freaked out by them oppa,” Minzy teased with a light laugh.

 

“Only scary people don’t get freaked out by them,” Seunghyun corrected.

 

Smacking his arm lightly, I looked up at him momentarily forgetting the thoughts haunting me, “yah! Are you calling my Minji scary?” I scolded jokingly, leaning on to his arm.

 

“Uh oh…someone’s in trouble!!!” Minzy sang song, hiding behind me as she stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

 

“No, she’s just brave,” Seunghyun commented with a small voice, the movement of the elevator stopping as we arrived at the seventh level.

 

“Here we go…” Minzy chanted, the elevator doors sliding aside.

 

Giving Seunghyun’s hand one last squeeze, I wiggled my hand out of his hesitantly the warmth of his hand missing as the three of us stepped of the transportation, “Minzy let’s wait over there,” Seunghyun stated, pointing to the sofa on the far left of the elevator which was further away from YG’s actual office.

 

“Great…so is this like a solo mission?” I mumbled, tugging on to the strap of my bag.

 

“Yup, hyung asked for you and you only,” Seunghyun called out, walking side by side with Minzy.

 

Sighing to myself, I brought myself to walk forward, looking around the office noticing the fact that not much has changed over the years, the same figurines spotless on the white shelves. Not looking forward to what sajangnim was going to tell me, frightened that it was going to be one of his scoldings.

 

“Oh! NOONA!” Chanyeol’s overly cheerful voice greeted, his eyes looking past me as if expecting another.

 

Smirking at him, I looked behind my shoulder, “did you see Dara behind me or something?” I teased.

 

“Ha ha, funny noona,” Chanyeol chuckled nervously, his eyes shifting from side to side with his wide smile.

 

“You remind me of an elf,” I commented out of the blue, pointing at him without a care in the world as I approached sajangnim.

 

“Bom…” YG warned, recalling my thoughtless words causing some troubles in the past.

 

“Ani, I meant that as a compliment,” I laughed it off lightly joining the five males.

 

“Anyways, at least you’re getting along with him well,” YG started off, “this won’t be long but we have been in talks with SBS about a new variety show roommate.”

 

“Where different celebrities will live with each other under the same roof,” Chanyeol explained with a wide smile excitedly.

 

“Is Dara going to be there?” I raised an eyebrow, questioning his enthusiasm before I turned my attention back to YG only to find myself caught with Kris’s stare as he looked at me silently, his lips pursed out with seriousness.

 

“No she’s not actually, but we were debating between you and Dara, but in the end…” YG replied, ignoring my attempt to initiate another teasing fest for Chanyeol.

 

“I was chosen?” I croaked astonished, knowing the limelight was usually on the other half of our group.

 

“No actually Dara noona was, we just wanted to tell you that you weren’t,” Kris spoke full with sarcasm, even causing YG to turn to him with curiosity due to the male’s bold behaviour to speak to his senior.

 

“To make it clearer, yes you were chosen,” YG interjected right after Kris spoke not giving me a chance to retort back to him.

 

“Okay…are we starting today or something?” I said with a blur, glancing at the four Exo members beside our boss.

 

“No, only Chanyeol is going to be on the show with you, and filming only starts on March 27th,” he informed me, walking back to his desk.

 

“Then why are they here?” I pointed at them, only focusing on speaking with YG.

 

“I have no clue as well, they just dropped by with the news,” YG answered, “oh and since TOP asked for a day off for you both in exchange of calling you for me, you’re free to go after this.”

 

“Thanks for announcing that,” I grimaced, not wanting the four to know I did not have any schedules for the rest of the day.

 

“You should really talk some sense into him, as if calling you weighs the same as a day off,” YG shook his head with a laugh.

 

“Oh we both know what he’s like,” I replied with a small smile, his stubbornness well known around the building.

 

“Yes we do,” YG replied, “ok boys, thanks for dropping by but next time you can just call and skip the hassle of coming all the way here.”

 

“Oh no it’s fine, we’ve always wanted to visit and see what it’s like inside here,” Suho explained, his hands clasped together with respect.

 

“You should hang out with them,” YG suggested, pointing at me briefly.

 

Baffled with his words, I gave myself a few seconds before I responded, “me? I ughh…” I said hesitantly, pointing back near the elevator where Seunghyun and Minzy awaited.

 

“Yeah, we should go out, get to know each other, so when we start filming we won’t be that uncomfortable around each other,” Chanyeol readily agreed.

 

“Are you asking me out Chanyeol? I thought you liked Dara?” I grinned, flashing my lopsided smile.

 

“Noona…” he groaned, stomping his feet with displeasure at my comeback.

 

“I’m not uncomfortable with you; you’re just like Seungri,” I replied, “easy to get along that is…” I clarified not get any misunderstandings.

 

“So?” Luhan pursed his lips, the four guys waiting for my reply.

 

YG who saw this started chuckling to himself, “who would have ever thought four boys from the hottest group right now would be asking our Bommie out?” he teased, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

 

“It’s not like that,” I snarled, glaring at him.

 

“I know it’s just a hangout, why what are you thinking?” YG laughed, his trolling skills coming out.

 

“Nothing…” I dismissed, “anyways Seunghyun and Minzy are waiting for me…”

 

“Oh of course they should come as well!” Suho readily accepted.

 

“Really?” I said my voice cracking as I failed to hide my disappointment.

 

“Why not?” Kris questioned back, squinting his eyes at me the same familiar expression he always used to flash at me when he knew I was hiding my true emotions.

 

“I mean if it’s your free day as well you should spend it how you want to,” I excused, “you don’t have to bother entertaining me.”

 

“Ani, it’s alright, I thought it would be best if we hung out so that we won’t be awkward once we start filming for roommate.” Chanyeol explained yet again.

 

“Really?” I said with a crooked smile.

 

“Yeah, should we go?” Chanyeol questioned with a wide smile.

 

Nodding my head with a fake smile, I sighed inwardly turning on my heel, “too bad Dara and CL can’t join us,” I announced beforehand, leading the bunch towards Seunghyun and Minzy.

 

“Oh yeah, where are they?” Chanyeol said overjoyed by bringing up the topic voluntarily.

 

Feeling him join me on my side, I peeked a glance to him noticing his eager look, “they’re busy…” I said in a small voice.

 

“Oh…” he croaked crestfallen.

 

“Is it me or have you lost your mood to go out?” I teased, half hoping he did.

 

“Nah, he’ll get over it,” Suho hushed, joining me on the other side, “it’ll be nice to make a new friend.”

 

Smiling sincerely at the leader beside me, I patted his shoulder lightly, “well you seem like a great guy, I guess there’s no harm in making new friends right?”

 

“Oppa your corn loving lover is back-“ Minzy poked fun at the older male, only to stop halfway once realising I came back with company.

 

“I mean you’re back unnie,” Minzy coughed awkwardly, seeing both Minzy and Seunghyun exchange looks.

 

“Yeah, seems like I’m casted into a new variety show,” I laughed lightly, walking over to my member.

 

“Really? Congratulations!!!” Seunghyun cheered, genuinely happy for me.

 

“I know you want to give her a congratulatory kiss oppa, but control yourself,” Minzy half whispered, the latter looking down on the female with a dreaded look.

 

“TOP hyung and Bom noona are together…right?” Kris said boldly, his arms crossed while he pursed his lips at us with a serious look.

 

“E-excuse me?” I scoffed at his rudeness.

 

Realizing their fellow member’s mistake, Luhan elbowed his dongsaeng harshly in his ribcage, whilst the taller male stood glued to the ground unfazed, “Oh I’m sorry…my words didn’t come out right…” Kris apologized pathetically.

 

“I know oppa and unnie are shipped together but please don’t confuse reality and fantasy,” Minzy stepped in, feeling the male beside Minzy slowly grow agitated.

 

“I’m sorry, this hyung sometimes forgets to filter his words,” Suho muttered with a sorry smile.

 

“Sorry…just curious,” Kris shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Well then should we go?” Luhan suggested, “I guess we can just our van to make it easier.”

 

“Go where? Huh?” Seunghyun replied unaware of the situation.

 

Glancing over to Seunghyun with an apologetic look, I linked my arm with Minzy “the three of us are going to spend the day with them,” I explained, trying to sound as cheerful as I could.

 

“What? Don’t you have any schedules?” Seunghyun snickered, knowing he was getting irritated with his plans being changed yet again.

 

“Nope…it’s our off day as well,” Chanyeol shook his head innocently.

 

“Sajangnim said this would be a good idea,” I informed him.

 

“He did?” Minzy said surprised, knowing that we from YG prefer to mingle amongst ourselves and friends outside the Korean entertainment business.

 

“Yeah, I was thinking we go to the mall; have lunch, shopping, maybe catch a movie or something?”  Chanyeol replied, as the whole lot of us moved towards the elevator.

 

Seunghyun who didn’t even bother hiding his displease, shuffled closer to me as he ended up walking beside me, his hand brushing against mine continuously, “control yourself big boy,” I whispered, flashing my eyes up to his face.

 

“Well if you think logically if I don’t control myself then it’ll only be polite if we go our separate way,” Seunghyun muttered, only for my ears to hear.

 

Or so we thought, “If you both dare to do that I will slit your throats,” Minzy glared, glancing back at us catching us both red handed.

 

“As I was saying, the mall, is that good?” Chanyeol repeated, pressing the button simultaneously.

 

“The mall?” I said, “If you want us to get caught and cause a frenzy then yeah it’ll be good.”

 

“Disguises? I thought it would always be fun to try that,” Luhan said cheerfully, his big eyes looking at me with hope and innocence.

 

“Trust me…it ain’t fun,” Seunghyun shook his head, recalling all the incidents he tried disguises.

 

“Besides this group screams attention, I mean why do the three of you have to be so tall?” Minzy pointed out, her finger switching from Chanyeol, Kris and Seunghyun.

 

“We can’t help our genes now can we?” Kris smirked.

 

Narrowing my eyes at his cocky attitude, I cleared my throat before speaking, “if you guys want to try it out sure, we’re going out as friends anyways but don’t blame us if we end up being surrounded by fans,” I accepted, knowing I should treat Kris equally as how I would treat the other members.

 

“Yeah…I heard Exotics can be chaotic,” Seunghyun commented, his rhyming joke causing all of us to look at him with a disgusted look.

 

“I’ll…I’ll forgive you,” I smiled, patting his shoulder.

 

With the arrival of the elevator, the seven of us walked on inside the confines of the lift, Suho pushing the button to the lobby as the metal doors closed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter