Valentine's Day (1)

10Sc2 2014

 

 

It was finally Valentine’s Day in BD High, the unsheltered halls are dusted with heart shaped decorations and random I Love Yous have been shouted. What could be more exciting than a Superpowered Valentine’s Day? Will it be a Fail or Pass in romance?

We will find out…

            “Yes, it’s finally here, the day I meet my knight in shining armor,” said Asyeeqah Zulkepli excitedly.

            “Well Good Luck, I’ll be pathetically making bread” said Gayatri Naidu.

            “Aww come on Gayatri, come with the girls for hanging out at Starbucks after school, “said optimistic Asyeeqah.

            “Nah, I like making bread, it calms me down just as much as meditating,” said Gayatri.

            “Seriously? Emily!?, again, this is third time you bailed on our dates and it’s even Valentine’s Day,” shouted Cavell Sim on the other side of Homeroom.

            “I hardly think shopping at your favourite mall and going to your house for cuddling then dinner at your favourite restaurant is hardly a date,” snapped Emily.

            “Phm pen khn cay thuk xyang laew (I was going to pay for everything anyway),” replied Cavell in Thai.

            That was not the only fight going on in class…

            “You have got to be kidding me, we planned this single guys out for months,” said Adnin Hakeem to Fahmi Izzudin.

            “Well that was before every guy in class have something to do on Valentine’s Day and it’s not really a guy’s night out with only you and me,” replied Fahmi “Anyways, I need to focus more on my studies, no one can just easily get As in Chemistry,”

            “I got lucky!” shouted Adnin, it would have been perfect, this “single guy’s night” was just really a date.

            It was time for Plan B, Adnin thought.

            Redhuan Ramlee, heard the entire conversation, verbally and mentally as he read Adnin’s thoughts, Adnin was right, you need to work hard to get what you want! As he looked towards his crush, Rhusna Fadziea, I’m going to do something about it!

           

At the back of the class, Joshua Belayan too, had big plans, he at first wanted a power to show off to Stella, but after Monday till Thursday to no avail, now he didn’t need powers! He could woo her with his semi-nerd and charisma.

As soon as Uyun Sanip walked into the school compound, she teleported straight into Homeroom, one of the benefits of having Teleportation; she was going to spend her Velntine’s Day like every Valentine’s Day, watching old love movies and eating Ben & Jerry’s. She sighed as she talked to Afiqah Hanapi to talk, why can’t she just find love?

Adam Boey ran passed all his classmates at sound-breaking speed, catching whiffs and snippets of their romance dilemma, unlike them complaining about problems, he was going to do something about this crush that was going on for a while.

Robin Karen, the American exchange student, to Adam, she was more attractive than Stella, she had a body better than Farah and she has an even more adorable face than Safwanah.

For now she had no crush or other admirers and this Valentine’s Day is going to be a big one, flirting to a girl and actually asking her out is big for him….

Not only him, his best friend, Dinesh Tan was staring into daydream thinking about this American exchange student who helped him when he was self-studying in the library, the way she tuck her dirty blonde hair back and her blue eyes sparkle sent electric shocks to Dinesh not only mentally but physically, the library’s lights almost got shorted out.

Electricity swirled around him as he thought back on the amazing girl, his fingers danced with induced lightning, using that surplus energy he seemed to have an unlimited amount of, he shaped it into a heart.

What was her name again?, Racheal? Ah, Robin, Robin Karen. It was ironic that his first crush is also named Karen, which seemed like a lifetime ago, when he didn’t have the Superhero Factor, where never in his life he would have the courage to ask a girl out without blushing insanely or sweaty palms. This year, 2014 is going to be different! New powers, New student, the Universe must have planned this right?

That was exactly what Safwanah Daud thought, this February the 14th, she was finally going to get her girl, all thanks to her best of friend, Zoe Hon. She could never thank Zoe enough, Safwanah wanted Byul since the first day of school. Ever since she saw her it was love at first sight, her gentle features and omni-calm face, Byul was like Stella and Robin and Farah combined to the world’s hottest chick, for Safwanah that is.

All Hamizan Lihan wanted was to Skype with his Korean girlfriend he recently acquired for Valentine’s Day. Things with Yoon Bomi is still shaky, so he would need his full concentration Skyping and describing his actually normal life and may be adding that he can duplicate physical holograms of himself won’t hurt.

“My Valentine’s is probably the most boring,” said Hamizan happily.

“No, I need your help,” said Adnin.

“Motherfuc-“

XOXO

            Joshua knew that he could never find Stella if she leaves school, which is why he perfectly planned an invitation for Valentine’s after school and she accepted it. But mostly he had to thank Cavell, it was him that persuaded her to give Joshua a chance. Cavell and Stella had became good friends very fast and he at first thought that could advantage him, seeing as Cavell was a good friend of his, but he was thinking if it was going to nip him back in the .

            Anyways, he had set up an enchanted dinner table at the Grand Stand field, he wanted to do it in the Auditorium, but the school was using it for their annual Valentine’s faculty party, but the outside was fine, more sunshine, more casual. He even got his guitar, Katherine, ready to serenade her after the meal. The “meal” was a double portion of last night’s Spaghetti Bolognaise, not very classy but does the trick.

            Here she comes, Stella de Natale wearing a sundress like usual with a spring in her high heeled step. Joshua aimed at a hug but she countered with a handshake.

            This was going to be a bumpy lunch/dinner date.

XOXO

            Meanwhile, Safwanah and Zoe were planning how to mind control and innocent, hot girl. Byul always stayed back to do revision, so before she could walk into the library, the mid control starts.

            Zoe only had minimal training with it, controlling her dog and even ants, but she never dared to do it at a human being, well one time Miss Yoona, the Geography teacher gave too much homework and Zoe worked her magic and got only 10% of the homework for the class, okay, it was 0% homework, but details… details...

            Safwanah and Zoe took their positions outside the entrance of the library, Byul started to walk towards them, before she could even reach for the door handle, Safwanah popped up and distracted her, while Zoe, who was hiding behind the trash can use her powers.

            It felt like she could expel her brain waves and magnify them at her victim, the victim’s iris would get dilated for a second and then get a foggy layer over it and boom, their hypnotized. Then, Zoe would send thoughts and push away any other thought the victim has and the victim would think that the thoughts were thought up by them.

            Now, Byul looked foggily at Safwanah, confused. Zoe came out from behind the trash can, giving a thumbs up.

            This was going to be fun!

XOXO

            Hamizan was happily in the ICT Room Skyping with Bomi, that is until the time has come to help Adnin with his stupid plan to see if Fahmi was gay.

            Adnin already told Hamizan everything and he didn’t judge, was shocked himself but recoiled. Now he was cloning himself to Skype with Bomi and help Adnin.

            The thing about Duplication is that you can actually feel your brain splitting into two, have two pair of eyes to see, two pair of hands to move, two pairs of legs to walk to different locations. Draining was to say the least about having to control different bodies at the same time, but Hamizan loved it no matter what, he had always been quiet and a follower, but with this flashy power and a new haircut he got recently, girls can’t help but swoon, but he is taken, happily taken.

            “So what’s your plan?” asked Hamizan as they walked towards the library, passing by Safwanah, Zoe and a mind controlled girl. They have their own stuff, Hamizan had his.

            “Fahmi is inside with Syafiq and Syafiq’s girlfriend, Nana” said Adnin, can’t help blushing that he said his crush’s name “So with my shapeshifting, I can shapeshift into a female exchange student, that we seemed to be getting a high amount of here, and I guess I’ll flirt and persuade him or something,”

            “Uh huh, and why am I doing here?”

            “You need to come introduce me; a random hot chick won’t just randomly talk to strangers, more importantly, you need to see if I get nervous, because I sort of shift out and into other forms when I’m nervous,”

            “Fine, let’s make this quick,”

            Adnin closed his eyes and focused, he could feel his atoms moving around him voluntarily dissociating and forming over and over again. He pictured a girl who had the iness of Farah, the cuteness of Safwanah and the hotness of Afiqah combined. He looked at the reflection against the glass door.

            “Perfect!”

XOXO

            Meanwhile, in the Auditorium, Uyun was at the stupid Valentine’s party, her mother, who was also a Science teacher, made her go; as the faculty can bring their kids too.

Her mother is the only parent in 10Sc2 to know about their powers. Making sure that every student other than 10Sc2 to keep the powers a secret was exhausting for the principal, it would ruin BD High’s reputation as a school that every 20 years had people with enhanced abilities and some capable of murder, but they had done it generation by generation, so it had became normal.

            When Uyun heard the story of how Safwanah instantly found love just by first sight or when Linaa just knew Farah was going to be the one she marries, she never believed them, until she was just sitting alone at the corner of the Auditorium, drinking punch and wishing it was melted Ben & Jerry’s, that a guy walked towards her and she looked up at the right second and felt for the first time in her life, Lovestruck.

            The music that was upbeat techno love songs, now changed to slow classic love songs and Shim Changmin, Miss Yuri’s son asked Uyun to dance with him. Uyun’s face turned red instantly and every student of 10Sc2 knows that when you get nervous, your powers go array.

            Uyun involuntarily teleported behind the Auditorium, which was the Grand Stand, she teleported a few inches off the bleachers and landed on the chairs with a thud. Her heart was beating non-stop, was dry, she never felt this way before, she had seen hot guys but never felt like this.

            Is this true love?

 

             To be continued….