In the beginning...

10Sc2 2014

In the Milky Way galaxy, on planet Earth, in Asia, within Borneo Island, inwards the country Brunei Darussalam, inside Kuala Belait district, lays a school, BD High.

The school all studied in harmony until came the 10Sc2, class of 2014, that led to many interesting adventures.

It was during Biology, they were waiting at the outside of the door, unlike most schools, BD High has a homeroom system but they had random two-storey buildings that are all over the campus and they have to walk under the sun between classes, also Brunei Darussalam’s weather is rain or sun, so it’s always hot and the holidays are at Friday and Sunday.

            Outside the third floor of the Biology class, Cavell Sim was chattering away with his girlfriend, Emily Khew, they had been together for half a year but Cavell knew there was no real romance, they just wanted their relationship as best friends to go higher.

Cavell always talked to girls, he felt that guys were hard to open up and reciprocate feelings and emotions, Cavell felt that it’s better to have different types of friends. He isn’t wrong, different friends have more secrets and gossip which he just loves but it also meant involuntary backstabbing and more secrets to keep.

Finally, Adam Boey the active kid stopped trying to unlock the door, it was torture sitting under the sun, with the roof useless to block it, until Haqeem Hidayat went and literally go through the door.

The chit chat cut short, everyone was staring at the door which used to have a 5.3” boy standing in front of it. Then the door handle turned and Haqeem opened the door from the inside. As everyone went in waiting for the Biology teacher, Miss Seohyon, another thing, most of our teachers or from South Korea or UK, but it is amazing how all 9 teachers who taught 10Sc2 had the same names as K-pop group, SNSD or Girls Generation. Haqeem is always a type of a silent hero, he would be quiet all the time but when there is a problem that needs to be solved, he will be there with the solution.

 Cavell was a good friend of Haqeem’s and sat next to him at Biology, before he could ask him what was the freak show he did just now, Gayatri Naidu bombarded him with questions, this was typical Gayatri, always sticking her nose to places where it doesn’t belong.

No offense to her, she’s a good friend but she always asks too much questions and it becomes annoying. Everyone else in the class were trying to ignore what just happened by nervous chatting.

Cavell started talking to Emily, in front of him. He always talked to Emily about everything, being as both of them were Chinese, they have a lot to talk about and speaking Chinese for them was a virtue because they rarely speak it in a government school in Brunei where Malay and English were the main languages.

When Haqeem said he didn’t know how he got his powers for the last time, Gayatri finally gave mercy to him and went back to her own seat. Cavell then asked him in a low voice and Haqeem told him everything. Never forget there is such a thing called the Bro Code.

Haqeem said he found out yesterday in school, when he was trying to his bag but the zipper was stuck so he got frustrated and took it out on the bag but instead of punching it, his hand went through it and he got his textbook, no one saw he did it and he was glad.

Cavell was insanely amazed it’s not every day you find out your friend can go through a quantum tunnel whenever he chooses and asked him to demonstrate more. Haqeem go through his pencil box and got out a pen, twirling it in Cavell’s face as if to show that he can do it.

While everybody who saw it were just standing there, flabbergasted, at that time, at the end of the room, another phenomenon was happening.

Everyone immediately lost focus and turned to see what the screaming was all about, only to see the guys who sit at the back of the room were surrounding Hamizan Lihan, who looked just as scared as everyone, but there was another Hamizan, exactly identical next to him.

Then everyone went ballistic, it is reasonable, how there could be a solid 3d reflection. Only Cavell and Haqeem remained calm

 “Cloning?” muttered Cavell to Haqeem.

Haqeem nodded, a bit scared. This is insane, Cavell thought yesterday Haqeem found out he can phase in and out of solid objects and now today Hamizan can make clones of himself. All Cavell could think of was thank God tomorrow is Saturday.

XOXO

Gayatri Naidu had a secret too, on Wednesday, before Haqeem found his power, she found hers, she was walking up the stairs late to Religious Knowledge class, because of a late start at lunch and she started to complain about how annoying that this school doesn’t have bridges connecting the buildings, suddenly she “lifted” off her feet, no wings or levitation, just repulsion, flight to be exact.

            She was speechless as she floated up the stairs until the second floor, where she was still floating to the classroom. She immediately thought “STOP!” and she landed. She went into class and didn’t even care that the teacher, Miss Sunny, was giving a sarcastic comment about her punctuality. She could fly now!

XOXO

                As the new week came, 10 Sc2 got more buzzing with superhuman abilities.

            On Monday, Adam, being hyper and spontaneous, teachers were always using his surplus energy by asking him to carry their stuff to the office, one time, Adam realized he not only could run fast, he could run super fast, superhuman fast. Now he is always zooming around class, pulling pranks and hearing everyone’s business.

            On Tuesday, Asyeeqah Zulkepli, who always wrote slowly, found that with her power, she doesn’t even have to use a pen to write, even her hand on that matter, Imprint, the ability to write with your mind with any thickness or colour, if it is written on a surface, it will stay permanent until you wishes it to be gone, you could even write it in the air but without concentration it will just disappear.

            On Wednesday, Dinesh Tan who was easily the tallest guy in class, which is why he was always asked to on the air-conditioning switch or the projector switch. He now doesn’t even have to move from his seat with Tecnopathy, he not only could control any piece of technology, he could create aches or current of electricity from his fingers.

On Thursday, Uyun Sanip, the quiet girl who walks insanely slow found out she don’t have to walk all together. She could teleport but still prefer to walk slowly when she wasn’t in a rush.

             On Friday, Syafiq Wong, found out he has Hot Manipulation, the ability to increase temperature in anything he focuses on. Water boils, human skin gets hot and red and sadly, dry paper gets set on fire.

            When Syafiq realized he has it, it was too late, the three page essay he was doing for English Language was caught aflame. Dinesh immediately turned off the electric fans to stop the fire from getting bigger, as Hamizan cloned four of himself to help get his classmates away from the fire, Uyun teleported to the nearest fire extinguisher and took it back with her, who threw it at Adam which he quickly pulled off the pin and aimed at the fire and begin to run around the fire with increased speed to thoroughly douse the flaming table.

            Everyone stood there surrounding an Adam tornado and the only person more shocked at the unity and organization was Haqeem. Haqeem loved superpowers more than anything else and was hysterically happy he had Intangibility; even though it’s not much, but it suited his personality perfectly quiet but awesome nonetheless.

            Another thing he realized was that his entire class’ super powers suit their personalities perfectly. Asyeeqah loved to write; so getting Imprint is natural and Dinesh always spends his time playing video games or watching TV; having the ability to control it seems reasonable.

            Powers are also discovered day by day, seven people already found theirs so only 15 days to go, 15 school days to go that is.

            Those superpowers only take effect within school property. Uyun realized she can’t teleport home and Adam’s super speed immediately deceased when he was running out of school, causing him to trip and roll to a stop; a painful stop, but Adam’s a daredevil, so no harm done.

            Adam finally ended the flame, but everyone forgot about the English teacher, Miss Jessica who was standing there staring at what happened the whole time. She calmly called the principal and said,

            “The new generation has come!”