Hojoon - What Are You Scared Of?

Topp Dogg Scenarios

*Requested by whatthegohn like a bajillion years ago, i'm so sorry it took me so long. I kept getting like major writers block but on Wednesday I sat down at my computer and was like 'right i will finish this now' :3 I hope you like it, if you don't and want it re-writing i totally understand and will do that for you. Thank you for requesting<3<3<3*

 

‘You like him’

‘No’

‘Yes you do’

‘I don’t’

‘Hyonjae, it’s obvious’

You let out a frustrated sigh.

‘Just don’t tell him’

Yano laughed, looking at your desperate face.

‘Why? It’s not like he doesn’t like you’

‘Yano I’m serious, as my best friend let me know I can trust you with this’ You begged and he nodded his head, putting his hand to his heart.

‘I, Seo Sang Won, do hereby promise that I will keep your secret in my head at all times’

You scoffed and kicked his leg.

‘Yah, what was that for!’

‘I hate you’ You disclosed and got up to leave the practice room.

‘Love you, too’ He called after you and you tutted as you closed the door behind you.

On your way to the vending machine Jackson was making his way toward you from the stair well and you screwed your face in fake disgust.

‘Oh god, not you’ You teased and he made a face of hurt.

‘I’ve been here 2 seconds and you’re already ripping my heart out of my chest’

‘Wow so dramatic, your acting’s improved since last time’ You stuck your tongue out at him and he grinned, cheesily.

‘Why thank you, Miss Jung’ He bowed, theatrically making you laugh.

‘Yah, as you were Mr Wang. Mr Seo will be waiting for you’ You put on your best posh voice and now it was Jackson’s turn to laugh.

‘Is he where he usually is?’
‘If you mean sat on his arse in the practice room, then yes, he is where he usually is’. You heard Jackson snigger as he proceeded to walk in the direction you had previously come from.

‘I’ll be there in a sec, try not to murder him while I’m not there’ You shouted as you looked at which beverage you wanted to buy from the machine in front of you.

‘I’m not promising anything’ He yelled back as he disappeared into the room and you laughed out loud to yourself.

‘Something funny?’ You heard a voice from behind and you jumped nearly dropping all your change on the floor. You turned to see whom the voice belonged to and saw Hojoon standing there, a small smile occupying his lips. 

‘Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you’

‘O-Oh, no don’t worry i-it’s fine’ You stuttered, a light shade of pink dusting your cheeks.

A silence of slight awkwardness settled as you both stood there looking in every direction but each other. You thought you might have died if Hojoon hadn’t of broke it by speaking.

‘I just wondered what was so funny’ He smiled, scratching the back of his neck.

‘Oh that, it was just Jackson’ You gestured to the corridor in which Jackson had walked down and finally looked him in the eyes.

‘Jackson?’ He questioned, raising a brow and you had to prevent yourself from squeezing his cheeks. He looked so confused and it just made him that much cuter.

‘Wang’

You watched as realization dawned on him and he clicked his fingers.

‘Oh yeah, I forgot he was coming today’ He laughed as his own mistake and adjusted his glasses on his nose.

‘Are you practicing with us today?’

‘Yeah, I arrived here before with Yano. He’s already in there’ You informed and he nodded in understanding.

‘I’ll see you in a minute then’ He waved to you and smiled as he carried on down the hall to the practice room. You watched as his body disappeared into the room and you took a sharp in take of breath bracing yourself against the vending machines.

‘Hyonjae, get it together. He’s just a guy, a very intelligent, caring and attractive guy’ You stated, like it was nothing. You bolted upright and cursed to yourself.

‘Yah! That didn’t work. Are you stupid?’

***
‘Hyonjae, guess what? We’re gonna go to the amusement park tomorrow’

‘You said “guess what?” but didn’t even give me time to guess’ You remarked and Jackson looked at you in disbelief.

‘Don’t look at me like that. You’re the problem’

‘Yano, do we have to take her?’ Jackson asked, his face displaying the same emotion he’d shown you.

Yano gave him a look and you eyed them both suspiciously.

‘What are you two up to?’

Jackson turned back to you, an unconvincing smile plastered on his face.

‘Nothing’ He chimed, as you all walked out of them building together.

‘Be at the bus stop for 9AM’ He ordered and you nodded. ‘Dress prettily’ He added and you hit his arm.

‘Don’t I always?’ You asked, offended by his insinuation.

‘Not really’

‘Do you want to die?!’

He screeched and began running away before you could harm him.

‘Aish, that boy’

‘9AM!’ He yelled down the street and you waved him away, yelling back. 

‘Alright!!’

You went to walk away but collided with another person, the force almost pushed you to the ground but your arm was grabbed before the momentum could take you anywhere. You recognized the watch on the person’s wrist and mentally cursed yourself for not being more aware.

Hojoon let go of your arm and you bowed to him in thanks.

‘Are you okay?’ He asked, concern in his voice.

‘Yeah, sorry I wasn’t looking where I was going’ You bowed again and he smiled, making his eyes turn into crescents.

‘Well it’s a good job I was else it could have been a lot worse’ 

You laughed lightly, not knowing how to reply. If it had been Yano or even a stranger you’d be fine so why of all people couldn’t you talk to Hojoon.

‘Are you heading home?’

You nodded.

‘I’ll walk with you’

‘NO!’ You squeaked and cleared your throat. ‘I mean, no you don’t have to do that’ You corrected yourself, that light dust of pink returning to your face from before. He smiled at your semi-flustered state and gestured to the way you were headed.

‘It’s fine, I’m going the same way anyway’

You knew you couldn’t escape the situation so you gave in and started to walk.

It wasn’t until you passed a few buildings that he started a new conversation and you were reminded of the look Yano had given Jackson.

‘So I guess we’re all going to the amusement park then’

‘You were invited too!’ You exclaimed.

‘Yeah, is that a bad thing?’ He asked, sounding slightly worried that you were upset by that news.

‘No, not at all’ You assured, making him sigh in relief. ‘They just didn’t mention it’

You knew Yano and Jackson were up to something but what, you were still unsure of.

‘This is you isn’t it?’ He asked and you looked up to see that you’d already made it to your apartment block.

‘Ah yeah, thank you Hojoon. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then’ You grinned an expression to which he mirrored.

‘No problem, see you tomorrow’

As soon as you got into your apartment you pulled out your phone bringing Yano up in your contacts.

What ever you’re planning, don’t! –Hyonjae

I’m not planning anything :3 –Yano

I’m serious Sangwon! I will hurt you AND Jackson! –Hyonjae

So am I :) –Yano

You sighed, knowing full well he wasn’t taking you seriously.

‘You better not have told Jackson, Yano!’

***

 All sorts of things were running through your head when you arrived at the bus stop the next day. What if it ends up just being Hojoon and me? Don’t be silly, they have the tickets. *Gasp* what if that was their plan? They’re gonna leave me with Hojoon and not even turn up, they’ll make some excuse. What am I going to do? All the while this mental horror was happening your face displayed that of a blank expression. God help you if people knew what you were going through right now. As you were questioning whether you should run away or not you felt a tap on your shoulder and turned to see Jackson stood there grinning at you. The relief you felt must have shown on your face because he started laughing.

‘Oh god Jackson, how glad am I to see you’ You heaved a sigh of relief, giving him a bro hug.

‘What’s up with you? You normally pull your face when you see me’ He raised a brow, examining your face closely. Although what he was saying was correct, you’d never been happier to see him turn up.

‘Nothing’s up, I just had thoughts you know, like everyone had forgotten or something’ You lied and he looked at his watch.

‘Hyonjae, it’s only 9:05. I’m only five minutes late’

‘I know but you know how I get about time keeping’

‘Oh yeah, don’t remind me. You’re always nagging’

‘Yah! I’ll ask again, do you want to die?’

‘No I don’t, actually’ He said, smugly and you were this close to hitting him.

‘Are you guys fighting again?’ Yano asked, as him and Hojoon approached you.

‘He started it’ You declared and Jackson scoffed at you.

‘Aaaaa, this girl’

‘What? What about me?’ You interrogated, squaring up to him as best you could with your small frame. Jackson rolled his eyes, tutting as he did so.

‘Yeah, that’s what I thought’ You smiled victoriously when Jackson didn’t respond and directed your attention to Yano instead. Your eyes momentarily flitted to Hojoon and you noticed he was smiling at you, you blushed hard and looked down at your feet. Yano saw this and nudged Jackson, making all sorts of actions with his eyes. Their plan was going ahead as they wanted and they couldn’t wait for it to unfold.

***

It had only just made it to midday but nevertheless your legs were aching, you were soaking wet and you were hungry, however Yano had insisted that you all went on one more ride before you went to eat and seeing how everyone else was obliging it’d be selfish for you not to. So here you all were, queuing up for the Haunted House ride.

As the queue grew smaller you were getting more and more nervous, you’d never liked scary rides and now that you were going to be going on one when Hojoon was there to witness you be a scaredy-cat was making it ten times worse. The only thing you were looking forward to was being able to sit down but even that wasn’t settling you.

The person that was running the ride signaled for the next four people to board the carts. You took a deep breath and let it out slowly. It’s fine, Hyonjae. You can do this.

Hojoon helped you into the cart and as you sat down you noticed that it wasn’t Jackson and Yano getting into the two seats behind you, they were still on the sidelines.

‘Hyonjae, we need to use the bathroom. We’ll meet you after the ride’s finished’

You panicked; this is what they were planning. They had waited the whole time just to leave you alone; you should have seen this coming.

You were about to protest but the ride started and the cart was moving into the darkness. You yelped in fear as something popped up but you tried to disguise it with a cough.

‘Are you okay, Hyonjae?’ Hojoon asked. Although you couldn’t see his face properly you knew there would be a look of concern on it.

‘I’m fine’ You lied, if he’d of been able to see your face he wouldn’t have been so convinced.

As the ride went on it got more horrifying and you were finding it difficult to hide just how scared you were now. It was the last straw when a person dressed in a straight jacket ran passed the cart, yelling like a mad man. You released all of your fear with a scream and buried your face into Hojoon’s shoulder. He placed his arm around you instinctively and held you until the ride was over and you emerged into daylight once again. It wasn’t until you were off the ride and had parted from Hojoon that you realised what you had done.

‘Sorry’ You mumbled and Hojoon gave you a small, reassuring smile.

‘Don’t apologize, it’s okay to be scared of something’

‘Even something as silly as a Haunted House?’

‘Especially something as silly as a Haunted House’ He nodded.

‘Thank you for helping me’ You laughed, still a little embarrassed by what you did. ‘I didn’t deafen you did I?’

‘No, but I don’t think I can say the same for the people sat behind us’ He teased and you hit his arm lightly. ‘Where do you think those two went?’

‘Probably got food because their stomachs are bigger than their brains’ You declared, only now remembering those two annoyances that you call friends. You pulled your phone from your pocket to call them but of course you got no answer.

‘Are they not answering?’

You shook your head.

‘Maybe we should go up there and see if we can spot them’ He suggested, pointing to the hill that overlooked the whole park. 

It had gotten a lot more crowded since you got here and you struggled to keep up with him.

‘Hojoon!’ You shouted over the crowd and he looked back to see that you were a few people behind him. He waited for you to catch up before taking hold of your hand so you wouldn’t get left behind again. Your heart was pounding just by feeling his hand embrace yours and your cheeks flushed red for what felt like the millionth time that day.

As the crowds dispersed and the many became the few, Hojoon let go of your hand. You didn’t believe how disappointed you felt at the loss but you had to act like it wasn’t a big thing, even if it was to you.

As you neared the top Hojoon filled the silence.

‘Hyonjae, can I tell you a secret?’

‘Of course’

He stopped in his tracks making you almost walk into the back of him.

‘What’s up?’ You questioned, oblivious to his sudden change in mood.

He breathed in a slow, shaky breath and let it out in the same fashion.

‘I like you’ He confessed and your eyes widened. He was shy again, back to the usual Hojoon that would barely make eye contact with you let alone hold your hand. He wasn’t looking at you, he was looking at everything but you.

‘I like you, too’ You stated, bluntly as though it wasn’t something as big as a confession.

‘Do you really?’

His eyes searched yours for sincerity and he must have found it because he grinned from ear to ear, his eyes disappearing behind his glasses.

‘I’ve been so scared to say that for so long and I could have got it over and done with in a few seconds’ He laughed, relief evident in the sound.

‘It’s okay to be scared of something’ You smiled, using the words he’d used previously to make you feel better.

‘Even something as silly as a confession?’

‘Especially something as silly as a confession’

You leaned your head on his shoulder as you both laughed.

‘Wah! Look how pretty it looks’

The cherry blossoms had been falling all day, as you viewed the park from this height you could see the effect it had had on everything. The wind was picking each individual petal up as it brushed through the trees, taking them on a journey around the park before they would settle on the ground, covering it completely with different hues of pink. Once again silence fell between the two of you, this time though you were comfortable. There was no looking in every other direction, no scratching the back of your neck, nothing but an aura of content. That was until Hojoon broke it, like he always did.

‘Hyonjae, saranghae!’ He shouted over the balcony and you clasped your hand over his mouth, pulling him down slightly to you level.

‘Yah, shhh’ You laughed, face glowing red as you bowed to the few people in the surrounding area that had been disturbed by Hojoon’s little outburst.

He moved you hands from him mouth, revealing a small smile.

‘Why? I want the world to know’

You eyed him suspiciously.

‘Aaaaaaaaaaaish, so greasy’ You crinkled you nose and he placed his hands on your waist to pull you closer.

‘Only for youuu’ He cooed and you rolled your eyes.

‘Oh god! Please stop’

You pushed him away making a face of disgust and that’s when you heard an awful shriek that could have only come from Jackson.

When your eyes found where the sound had come from you saw both him and Yano walking towards you looking incredibly pleased with themselves.

‘If you two come anywhere near me, I will murder you’ You threatened, showing no signs of joking around.

‘You should be thanking us’ They stated, smugly and you began marching towards them, Hojoon in toe.

‘We’re sorry, we had good intentions’ They called in a desperate plea to save themselves.

‘I’m going to kill you, I’ll stab you with my eyeliner and no one will miss you’

‘Hyonjae, we love you. Don’t do anything rash’ Jackson begged and you couldn’t help but laugh at the desperation on his face and in his voice.

‘I really hate you two, you know that’

‘Deh’