Chap7

A crime to be alive

Jooyeon looked at E-young, eager to know what happened to her, but the girl was taking her time. Uee on the other hand seemed more and more bored by the situation. Jooyeon hoped she wouldn’t say anything mean to E-young. So she put her hand on Uee’s thigh before smiling at her. Uee smiled back at her, and looked at the young girl in front of them.

« I…I… » The word couldn’t left , E-young frowned, and her eyes went teary. « I’m not sure it’s a good idea… »

« It will be okay. » Said Nana reassured her again.

E-young nodded and looked down. « My half-brother is in the coma… » She started her voice trembling while she tried not to cry. « He got beaten hard, and almost … » She added throwing away the tears that came out of her eyes. She couldn’t look up, it was so hard to tell this. 
« I… I saw everything… I tried to help… I saw those guys about to ripe his jeans off, but when I shouted one of them took some wooden plank and hit him harder sending him unconscious on the floor. I took the wooden plank that he dropped and tried to scare them, but one of guys pushed me hard again the wall before hitting me with his foot, it seemed so long before they finally left us… » She explained. 
« When I realized what just happened, I ran to my brother, his blood was everywhere, and his heartbeat was so slow, I took him in my arms and tried to wake him up. » Her voice cracked and she started crying out loud. « But… but he didn’t open his eyes… He…he stayed unconscious…. » She explained.

Uee looked at her wide eyes, while Jooyeon started crying too.

E-young tried to calm down a little and continued. « Someone find us and called the police. » She said sniffing. « They took us to the hospital. I told them we were attacked by some guys in the street, but they didn’t believed me… his blood was all over me, and my fingers prints all over the wooden plank that hit him… » She explained taking a big breath. « My parents didn’t believed me either because they knew we used to fight a lot with my brother since they remarried and we all lived together, but I liked him and I would never do this to him… » She said before turning to Nana and let herself fall into her arms before crying for good.

Nana hugged the young girl and looked at Jooyeon and Uee who were a little stunned by the story they just heard. She caressed E-young’s hair and sighed. « Kahi know some people out and gave E-young news about his brother like every weeks, but for now he’s still in coma… »

***

Uee let herself fall in her bed. Jooyeon sat silently on hers. E-young story was really hard to hear and so unfair. She tried to save her half-brother and ended up in prison…

Uee sighed, Jooyeon looked at her. « What? » Asked Jooyeon.

« I was just thinking… » Said Uee standing up and sitting beside Jooyeon. « We’re kind of lucky… »

Jooyeon laughed a little. « Yeah very lucky, we killed your husband and got in prison. » 

Uee hit her shoulder. « Shut up, you know what I mean… »

« Yeah… » Sighed Jooyeon.

« Do we really need to choose a side? » Asked Uee again. « I don’t really want to be part of anything here… Don’t want to make friends or getting attached to things that will remind me our time in prison… »

Jooyeon rubbed her eyes. « I understand… but I think we should accept Kahi’s offer and be in her team. »

« Is it really necessary? »

Jooyeon nodded. « Listen. » She said coming closer to Uee’s ear. « The other big team is preparing some kind of war… We need Kahi’s protection… »

« A war? » Asked Uee in a whisper. Jooyeon nodded again. « Against Kahi’s clan? »

Jooyeon shook her head no. « Against everybody… » Said Jooyeon terrified at the idea of a war in the prison. « They want kill prisoners and guardians… » She explained. 

« But it’s impossible, they don’t have any arms unlike the guardians, they will stop them if anything happen… » Said Uee scared too.

Jooyeon shook her shoulders. « I don’t know, but I don’t think Kahi is the only one with guardians in her team and who can have help from the outside… » Said Jooyeon thinking about the situation.

« So you think a war will really take place here? » Asked Uee hoping Jooyeon would say no. 

« I don’t know, but nothing is impossible here… » Said Jooyeon sighing.

***

The next day, while the guardians were serving the breakfast in the cells, Uee caught Jungah trough the bars.

« Wait please. » Said Uee to the guardian.

Jungah looked around and nodded to Uee. 

« What do you want? » She asked when Uee released her.

« How do we do to start an activity, like… dance class or something? » Asked Uee knowing the dancing part would caught Jungah’s attention.

« Are you guys going to join Kahi? » She asked curious and happy.

Jooyeon stood up, full of food she nodded. « Yeah, we want to see her and tell her. » She tried to articulate without spiting out her food.

Jungah laughed and looked back at Uee. « I will get you to her when it will be the time. » She just said smiling before leaving them.

Uee rolled her eyes. « Why can’t she just let us out? We know where the dancing room is… » She grumbled turning around and looking if Jooyeon let her some food. « Don’t eat this! I want some! » She said taking the bread from Jooyeon’s hands before she had time to bit in it.

Jooyeon pouted and tried to get the bread back, jumping on her friend and fighting to get the food, but Uee ate it quickly, letting no more chance to Jooyeon to take it back. « You’re so mean… » Said Jooyeon sadly.

« You ate all the other things, you could at least let me eat this? » Said Uee crossing her arms on her chest. Jooyeon was still pouting when she looked back at Uee, standing up to face her. « Please, you will not make a scene for this? » Asked Uee now looking at Jooyeon fully facing her.

Jooyeon shook her head. « I won’t if I can taste it. »

« What? » Asked Uee confused.

Jooyeon just smiled and came closer to her, kissing Uee’s lips hungrily. Putting her hands on Uee’s hips, while she continued to kiss her, biting her best friend lower lips in the process. Jooyeon let go of Uee mouth when she heard her .

« Wow… » Said Jooyeon smiling. « Better than bread… » She said kissing Uee one last time before going to sit on her bed.

Uee looked at Jooyeon wide eyes, she was about to say something when Jungah showed in front of their cell.

« Time to go girls. » She said smiling. « Kahi is waiting for you two. »