Chap11

A crime to be alive

Uee shook her head, and massaged her wrist. She looked up, at the hole in the ceiling, the girl looked quickly down before disappearing. Uee looked at her body, beside her wrist that get hurt in the fall, she was fine.

But Jooyeon beside her didn’t moved. She quickly turned to her.

« Jooyeon?! Jooyeon! Are you hurt? » She asked, shaking the older girl to wake her up, not caring about the mess around them. When they fell, they fell on one of the girl, Nana had entered with Raina and liberated Kahi to fight the black team girls.

Nana shot in the legs of two girls who wanted to shot on Raina. Kahi kicked the black team leader in the stomach, sending her on the floor before straddling her and hit her with her fists.

Once the enemies tied and the hostage free Kahi looked sadly at Jooyeon. Uee started crying, Jooyeon was still unconscious. « Jooyeon please… » She said putting her head over Jooyeon’s mouth to see if she was still breathing.

Her heart was still beating slowly, but her breath seemed stuck. Uee opened Jooyeon’s mouth and gave her some air.

Jooyeon finally coughed. Uee smiled and hugged her tightly. 

« Ouch! » Said Jooyeon. « It hurt. » She said putting her hand on her lower abdomen.

Uee look her hand out to look at her. The knife had stopped the shot, but it let her a bruise and had blocked her breathing. Uee smiled. « You’re so lucky… A knife saved you again… » She said crying in relief.

The army entered the room and took the girls, they looked at Kahi and the girls, thanking them. « We will judge them again, and lock them in a special cell. » They said before leaving.

Jungah arrived, running and hugging Kahi. « Are you alright? » She asked before looking around at the other girls. « And you? » She asked. « Are you all okay? » She asked panicked. « I saw Jooyeon and Uee fell from the ceiling and I… »

Kahi cut her with an another hug to calm and reassure her. « It’s over. You did a great job. »

***

Some weeks later, the prison was normal again. The director came back and organized a ceremony to reward the girls for their effort to save and protect the others.

The director gave Jungah and some other guardians a medal, before giving one to Bekah who looked after the injured girls and helped them.

Then he called Kahi, thanking her for her courage, before rewarding Nana, Raina, Uee and Jooyeon too. Without forgetting Kaeun and E-young who were totally fine now.

After the ceremony, Kahi asked the girls to follow her. They entered the dancing room. 

Uee frowned. « I thought the activities were still close until the end of the month? » She asked curious.

Kahi smiled and locked the door behind them. « I made them close. » She said looking at the height girls in front of her. « I find a way for all of us to escape. » She said calmly.

« What? » Asked Jungah. « But… » She hesitated. « I thought you had a mission here. » She said. « You told me you would stay here to help the girls. » Said Jungah confused.

Bekah frowned too. « I don’t need to escape, I’m not a prisoners. » She said. « And I’m not sure it’s a good idea Kahi… » She explained. « You’re free in five years, you shouldn’t try something like that. »

Kahi sighed. « My mission is done, this prison is save now, all the girls here learned a big lesson while the attack, they don’t need me anymore. » She said. « We can all leave and start a new life far away from here… » She said.

« All of us? » Asked Nana. « And Lizzy? » She asked. 

Raina looked up. « Will Lizzy come? Did she know? »

Kahi nodded. « She’s part of the plan. » Said Kahi. « She really want to see you two. » She said to Raina and Nana. 

Uee and Jooyeon looked at each other. « What’s the plan? Is it save or…? » Asked Jooyeon. « We don’t want to fail and stay stuck here more years… »

Kahi smiled at them. « If all of you trust me we will be out in next to no time. » She said looking at the girls in front of them. « I will do it, I will leave. So who want to follow me? » She asked.

Jungah looked at her in the eyes. « You’re lucky I trust you. » She said. « I follow you. »

Kaeun walked to Kahi. « I’m with you Unnie. » Kahi nodded at her.

Nana nodded too. « Okay for me. You’re in Raina? » 

Raina looked at Nana and nodded. « Always. » She said taking her hand.

Jooyeon looked at Uee again. « Maybe it’s the new life I promised you? » She said smiling. « Do you want to follow them? » She asked. « Because whatever you decide, I will stay by your side. » Said Jooyeon.

Uee smiled at her. « I know silly. » She said, her heart was beating really fast. If she say yes, they would try to escape the prison, it was so huge. What if they got caugh and forced to stay here longer… Uee sighed. Kahi was a great leader and maybe she should start to trust her… « We’re coming too. » She finally said looking at Jooyeon to be sure she was okay. Jooyeon just smiled at her before pecking her lips quickly. 

E-young stayed silent. Kahi came closer to her but turned to Bekah first. « You can join us later if you don’t want to leave now. » She said knowing the girl liked her job and cared for some girls here who still needed her help.

E-young was looking down, and still silent. Kahi put her hand on her shoulder. « And you? » She asked the girl. « Will you come. »

Kaeun swallowed hard. She wanted E-young to come with them, they became good friend here, and cared a lot for each other, but this time Kaeun felt bad to accept Kahi offer without asking E-young first.

« I don’t know Unnie. » Said E-young. « My brother is still in the coma… »

« That’s why I want you to leave this place, you’re the only one here who truly deserve to be free. Until your brother woke up, nobody can tell you're innocent. » She explained. « I promise you we will have news about him, and when he will wake up, I will take you to him. » She said sincerely.

« You promise? » Asked E-young shyly.

Kahi nodded, putting her hand on her heart. « It’s a promise. »  

E-young nodded. « Okay » She said. « I’m coming too then. » She said smiling a little seeing Kaeun smiling at her.

Kahi sighed in relief. « Great, I’m glad everyone is coming. Because we’re leaving tonight. » She said before turning around earring the girls talking all at the same times and wondering if they would really left this night.

The team leader smiled. « So now. » She said taking one of the prison map that Nana kept after the attack. « Time to explain you how we will do. » She added putting the map on the floor in the middle of the room.