Chap5

A crime to be alive

The next days, Jooyeon and Uee stayed in their cell all the time, sleeping and hugging each other secretly all day. Sometimes at night, while the guardians were making rounds, Jooyeon discreetly went into Uee’s bed to fell asleep in the younger girl’s arms.

« If the next years are like this, I think I can survive it. » Said Jooyeon putting her head into Uee’s neck, it was the morning and they were alone for almost one hour before one guardian came to check the cells.

Uee sighed. « I would rather being at home, but you’re right, it’s good to have you here…with me… »

Jooyeon smiled and sat on the bed. « When we will be out of here, I will give you the life you deserve. I saved some money before going to the police, so I promise you we will have a nice life after this hell. » Said Jooyeon smiling at her.

Uee wanted to cry, the girl was so sincere and loved her so much. Nobody have never showed that much of love for her, not even her parents… Uee caressed Jooyeon’s face and came closer, she wanted to kiss her, they were now so close that she felt Jooyeon’s breath against her lips and could hear her heartbeat. It was like Jooyeon’s heart were about to get out of her chest. Uee smiled and finally kissed her.

The kiss was quickly interrupted by a voice calling for them.

The two girls broke apart quickly and looked at the girls in front of their cell. It was Nana, behind her was Raina.

« Kahi want to see you. » Said Nana smiling at them.

Jooyeon made a face. Uee looked at her confused. « Kahi? » Asked Uee not understaning the situation. 

Jooyeon looked at her. With everything good between them, then never talked about Kahi again… « You know the girl who want us in her team… » Whispered Jooyeon to Uee’s ear.

« Oh right… » Said Uee looking at the two girls in front of her. « But how did you two came here? And we can’t leave the cell for now, we didn’t do any activities… »

Nana smiled. « It’s okay, just follow us. » She said opening their cell with a key and walking in the corridor. Jooyeon stayed behind Uee while they followed Nana, they passed by a guardian. Jooyeon started worrying that the guardian ask them questions, but Nana just gave the woman the cell keys back, thanking her.

Uee turned around and looked at Jooyeon who shook her shoulders, not understanding what just happened. It was weird that a guardian gave the keys of the cell to one of the prisoners…

« What's up with the guardian? » Asked Uee to Raina. « Why did she let us go and all? »

Raina smiled. « She’s with us. » She simply said. « She owe Kahi a lot so she help us. »

Uee nodded and looked at Jooyeon again. The girls didn’t said anything until they entered a big room. Some music instruments were installed in the left, and big mirrors on the wall on the right side. In the middle, a tall brown haired woman was doing some stretching.

Nana told them to stay here and walked to the woman. « Unnie? They’re here. »

Kahi stopped her stretching and looked up to nana, smiling at her. She stood up and put her hand on Nana's check. « Thank you. You can leave them to me now. » She gently said looking at her then at Raina. The two girls left Jooyeon and Uee alone with Kahi.

This woman was very beautiful and full of chrisma. Jooyeon couldn’t stop her smile, the woman was totally how she had imagined her, even more pretty. Uee was silent and Jooyeon could tell she was stressed, she was playing with her fingers and couldn’t focus her look on anything, always looking around before looking back at Kahi.

Jooyeon saw Kahi walking to them so she put her arm in front of Uee, standing now in front of the younger girl. Kahi smiled.

« I don’t bit, don’t worry, I won’t hurt any of you. » She said. « Follow me. »

She walked through the room and sat on big blue gym mattress and tapped gently the mattress to make the girls understand they should sat too. Jooyeon sat first and looked at Uee, wanting her to sat too. Kahi observed them before taking a bottle of water and drinking a little.

« You two are fascinating. » Said Kahi putting the water bottle on the floor. She moved a little and sat to face the two girls. « Did Nana told you I was interested by you girls? » Jooyeon nodded, Uee shyly looked down.  

Kahi tilted her head, trying to caught Uee looks, making her looking up again. « I want you two in my team. » Said Kahi. « I find what you did admirable, and you shouldn’t be here for what you did. » She explained.

« We killed a man. » Said Jooyeon ashamed. « It’s normal to be here. »

Kahi nodded. « I read the file, you killed him together, the two of you used the knife. » She said. « Your lo- »

« How did you get our file? » Asked Uee coldly, talking for the first time.

Kahi smiled. « I have some friends in the police department. »

« And you have some guardians who work for you too? » Asked again Uee. Kahi just nodded. « Then why are you still here? » Kahi laughed a little. « What? » Asked Uee seeing that Kahi as just smiling at her now. « Don’t tell me you can't leave this place if you really wanted to. »

Kahi looked at Uee in the eyes, then at Jooyeon. « I love your friend. » She said to Jooyeon, before looking at Uee again. « You’re right. I can leave this prison if I want to, but you see, I think it’s not the good time to leave for now. Too much girls need my help here. I’m like a big sister for those lost girls, just like you. »

« We’re not some lost girls. » Said Uee standing up.

Jooyeon quickly stood up and took her wrist. « Come on, why are you so mean? » She asked her best friend. 

Uee just shook her head. « Can we just leave? » She asked irritated.

Jooyeon didn’t know what to do. Kahi looked at them and stood up too. « Yes, you can leave, but I’m still waiting for an answer, come to me when you know which team you want to be in. » Said Kahi walking back in the middle of the room to make some more stretching.

Jooyeon followed Uee who stormed out of the dance room. « Uee wait! » Said Jooyeon runnig after her. « What was that? » She asked angry. « The last time you told me you didn’t care about joining her or not, that you would follow me and trust me and now you just ruin everything? »

Uee rolled her eyes. « I didn’t ruin anything » She said frowning. « She obviously still want us, she just will wait for her answer. »

Jooyeon frowned. « Really? That’s all you have to say? » Uee didn’t listenend to her and walked back in the direction of their dorm. The same guardian was waiting in front of the dorm entrance.

« Already back? » She asked chocked.

« Yes. Why? » Asked Uee coldly.

The guardian seemed surprised. « It’s just that the other girls usualy stay longer with Kahi. » She explained.

« We’re not the other girls. » Just said Uee pusing the door open. « Can you let us go back in our cell now?

The guardian nodded and took her keys out of her pocket, entering the dorm with the two girls. « Here we are. » She smiled opening the cell for them.

« Thank you. » Said Jooyeon shyly. « And sorry about her… » She whispered to the nice guardian.

« It’s okay, I know worst girls. » She smiled. « Call me Jungah. I’m the guardian chief of this dorm. »

Jooyeon looked at her with wide eyes. « Really? » 

Jungah nodded. « But not all the other guardians of this dorm are in our team so be discreet and do like you don’t know me in front of the others. » She explained nicely.

Jooyeon nodded and Jungah left. Jooyeon turned to face Uee and looked seriously at her. « Will you tell me what happen to you? »

« Do you like her? » Asked Uee suddenly.

« What? »

« The guardian? » Asked Uee again. « Do you like her? »

Jooyeon frowned. « Can you stop this, you’re just looking at a way to fight with me. » She said sitting on the bed. « So now don’t try to change subject and tell me what’s bothering you about Kahi wanting us? »

Uee looked down and sighed.

« Uee come on… tell me? » Insisted Jooyeon.

Uee finaly looked up at her friend and sighed again. « You know when I was young I was controlled by my parents, and when I though I was finaly free, I meet my ex-husband and he was the one controlling me. Now I don’t want this Kahi to control me… I don’t want to owe her anything… » Explained Uee sadly. « Aren’t we just fine here together? We don’t need anybody, I just want you… »

Jooyeon looked at her and took her hands in hers. « We’re totally fine, but remember those girls harassing you? Without Kahi, they would probably be harassing us right now… » Explained Jooyeon. « She just want to protect us, she understand us, maybe we should give her a try? It will be just for the time we will spend here, once out we won’t need anybody. »

« I’m not sure I want to serve her. » Said Uee. « We don’t know her, what of she’s some sort of tyrant? » Jooyeon laughed. « I’m serious I don’t want us to end up being some slaves for her, you see? »

Jooyeon kissed her check to calm her and smiled. « Nana and Raina seem happy to be in her team, even the guardian, Jungah. » She said kissing Uee’s check again. « I know that you’re scared, but we need her. »

« Do you trust her? » Asked Uee looking at her in the eyes.

Jooyeon sighed. « I don’t know, but I want to. »