Chap10

A crime to be alive

« She… she tased her… » Said Kaeun sadly. « I ... I tried to stop her...to fight her, but ... but my hands hurt too much, and ...she hit hard me with the baton in the head…i couldn't do anything... »

« Help me take her to Bekah. » Said Nana trying to carry E-young. Raina helped her while Jooyeon and Uee helped Kaeun to stood up.

« Who’s Bekah? » Asked Jooyeon.

« A nurse. » Said Raina out of breath while they walked into the corridor carrying the unconscious blonde girl. « She’s in Kahi team too. »

Jooyeon let Uee helping Keaun and went to help Nana and Raina with E-young. They entered the sick room. Lots of girls were here, injured or unconscious. Bekah saw them and ran to E-young.

« What happened to her? » She asked quickly checking the young blonde.

« A taser. » Said Nana. « Can you help her? »

Bekah nodded. « Put her over here. » She said showing a table. « She will be fine. » She reassured the girls.

« Excuse me, can you take a look at her hands. » Said Uee showing Kaeun’s hands to the nurse.

« What did you do? » Asked Bekah shocked. « You broke them again… » She said taking Kaeun with her and made her sit on a chair beside E-young. Bekah turned to Nana. « I will take care of them. » She explained.

Nana nodded and they left. Raina frowned and took Nana’s arm. « Wait. This girl, the one that hurt our friend. She know we were in the office, and she probably know we found the map… »

Uee bit her lips. « We need to be quick. » She said.

***

They found Jungah around the dorm building. More than an hundred girls from their team were there too, and Jungah told them that they caught a lot of girls from the black team. But they knew that some of them were still around.

Uee gave the map to Jungah. « We thing they’re hiding the explosives in the electrical closet. » She explained showing her the map.

Jungah nodded. « I will send girls all around to find it and stop this. » She said. « And about Kahi. »

« Still alive. » Said Jooyeon. « You should go back in the building office, the security cameras will help you monitoring what happen in some buildings. » She added.

Jungah nodded. « And you what will you do? »

Nana took the guns they confiscated from the black team prisoners, she gave one to Raina, Uee and Jooyeon. « We will get the hostages and Kahi out. » She said. « The army can’t stop them without risking the innocent hostages, but we maybe can do something. » She said before turning around and leaving.

Raina followed her. Uee and Jooyeon looked at each other. « What do you want to do? » Asked Jooyeon, seeing that Uee saw scared to follow Nana.

« I… » Uee looked down and took a big breath. She looked at Jungah, and all the girls around before finally look at Jooyeon. « I just want to be with you. »

« You want us to stay here? » She asked again.

Uee shook her head. « I don’t know. I’m not sure I want to stay here and wait… Now Kahi, Nana and Raina are my friends and I want to help them, but I’m afraid… » Explained Uee.

Jooyeon nodded. « You can stay here, I will go help them. » 

« Are you crazy? » Asked Uee. « I will not let you go there. » She added angrily. « At least not without me. »

Jooyeon smiled. « Then… we go? » She asked.

Uee nodded and they took the direction Nana and Raina took just before.

***

The four girls meet in the cafeteria. Jooyeon pulled out the exhaust air grille. Nana looked at the little map she took in the director office. « Two of us will enter by here, the two other by the gym. » Said Nana looking at the girls.

Uee took Jooyeon’s arm. « I’m with Jooyeon! » She said quickly.

Raina smiled and Nana laughed. « Of course, I wasn’t about to separate you two. » She said. « And I want Raina with me anyway. » She added smiling at her friend.

Jooyeon’s phone rang. It was Jungah.

« Are you about to come in? » She asked worried.

« Not yet. What is it? » 

Jungah sighed. « There six black team girls in the room, eight hostages and Kahi. » She informed them. « Seems like they killed two hostages since they’re in there. » Jooyeon nodded. « I got a call from the army at the office. They’re still around and arrested the one that broke into the prison and the truck with the arms for the prisoners, looks like they hoped to be well prepared to get out of here. I told them we took control of the prison again, and took off the explosives. Now our only enemies are in the visiting room. » She explained. 

« That good if the prison is safe again. » Said Jooyeon. « We will go in there now. »

« Okay. Good luck. » Said Jungah hanging up.

Jooyeon put the phone on the table and took Uee’s hands. They ran to the gym and entered it. They found the exhaust air grille and entered the pipe. They walked on all four silently trying to remember the direction Nana told them to took. They finally arrived at the end of the pipe and saw the visiting room through the grid. The view from the ceiling gave them a good point, they could see everything.

It wasn’t the same for Raina and Nana who were behind the other grid, closer to the floor, but luckily for them, Kahi was tied just beside the exhaust air grille where they hide. Kahi was the one who helped the black team and the army being in contact through the radio. She convinced the black team leader to calm down a little. Without her, all the hostages would be dead by now.

The pipe was small and Jooyeon couldn’t see or hear anything because Uee was closer to the end of the pipe. 

« What do they say? » Asked Jooyeon, curious to know what was the situation in there.

« I don’t hear everything. » She said. « But they seems worried the explosions didn’t start… »

Jooyeon nodded. « Let me see. » Uee nodded and tried to walk back to let some space to Jooyeon to came closer to the bars. They ended up lying on top of each other. Jooyeon looked at Uee. « It’s the first time I’m that close to you… » She whispered.

Uee rolled her eyes. « We cuddled during some nights remember. And what it that hard thing I feel between us? » She asked curious.

Jooyeon laughed a little. « It’s the knife, I still have it under my top. » She explained. « And right now it’s different, I feel like all my body is in contact with yours… And we’re not sleeping… » Added Jooyeon smiling and kissing Uee tenderly. This time, nobody could interrupt them.

They kissed silently, clearly enjoying each other entirely for the first time. It wasn’t just some stolen or teasing kisses, like they shared before, it was a real full kiss. Uee felt hot, nobody had never kissed her like this before.

She let out a little moan and broke the kiss. Jooyeon looked at her dreamily. « I wanted this moment to last forever… » She confessed. « I love you so much… »

Uee smiled and caressed Jooyeon‘s check. « Yeah, but it’s not the moment nor the place for this… » She said seriously. « Our friends need help. » She reminded her lover.

Jooyeon nodded and went closer to the grid, she looked down and saw one of the girls pointing her gun against an another hostage. She heard her communicate with the army, asking a way out or the other would die…

Jooyeon scratched her head, she didn’t know what to do. Uee put her hand on her leg. « Did you hear that? » She asked worried.

« What? » Asked Jooyeon seeing that Uee was looking at the other end of the pipe.

« I think someone entered the pipe… » She said.

Jooyeon tried to see if she heard anything, but it was silent. Uee was still panicked. « I swear Jooyeon. I heard something. »

Jooyeon frowned, but before she could say anything, she heard some noise too, someone was walking in the pipe…

The two girls were looking at the corner of the pipe, hoping to see Jungah or maybe Kaeun… but it wasn’t them.

« You? » Asked Uee.

The girl smiled. « You should have stopped me when you could. » She said pointing a gun on Uee who crawled closer to Jooyeon, the two of them were resting against the grid, stuck, with no ways out.

« Why are you doing this? » Asked Jooyeon taking the gun Nana gave her. « We wanted to help, and you attacked Kaeun and E-young. » She said sadly. « I won’t hesitate to kill you this time. » She said trying to scare the girl, because deep inside, Jooyeon knew she couldn’t kill again…  

The girl laughed. « I’m loyal to my leader. I don’t care about dying. » She said. « We didn’t lost yet. » She said shooting in the direction of the two girls, making them fall through the grid and fell in the middle of the visiting room…