Chap4

A crime to be alive

It was time to sleep, the guardians were taking turn in the corridor of the dorm. Jooyeon sighed, she wanted to talk to Uee, but the girl was so stubborn…But thinking about it, they didn’t have any intimacy in the cell, the guardians were always around. And Jooyeon knew it wasn’t a good idea to talk about Kahi’s clan wanting them in their team…

So she just tried to sleep, it was the only thing that she could do at that moment.

The next day it was the first shower time for Jooyeon. She swallowed hard. She remembered Uee talking about how horrible it was … So she just stayed silent and followed Uee and the other girls.

They took off their clothes before hiding under their towel and entering the free shower. Jooyeon looked around, Uee quickly entered a shower and closed the curtain behind her. Jooyeon looked around again, the water started making lot of noise and the hot water made some fog in the big bathroom. So Jooyeon took a decision, she walked to Uee’s shower and entered it without anybody seeing her.

Uee turned around shocked, but Jooyeon put her hand on before she could cry for help or something.

« It’s just me. » Said Jooyeon taking her hand off Uee‘s mouth.

Uee frowned. « What are you doing here? » She asked hiding her body with her hands.

« We need to talk, and I know that now you can’t go anywhere. » Explained Jooyeon. « And here, we had some intimacy. »

« No, here you’re violating my intimacy… » Said Uee not very happy by Jooyeon intrusion.

« Come on. You’re angry because I told them that I helped you? That I killed him with you? » Uee didn’t answered.

« Uee… » Continued Jooyeon. « You’re my best friend and even more, I love you, you remember? » Uee nodded shyly. « I just want you to know that if I need to live in this hell for the next three years just to be with you, I‘m okay with it. » She said sincerely.

Uee was crying. She couldn’t look at Jooyeon in the eyes, it hurt too much to know that Jooyeon was in this prison with her… Uee wanted to protect Jooyeon so much… « But, you saved me from him… I wanted to save you from here… » Explained Uee. « I convinced my lawyer to take you away from the investigation, telling him you did nothing that you left the house before the crime, and you ruined everything… »

Jooyeon smiled. « Yeah, I have this bad habit, but you know me, you know I ruin everything. » Said Jooyeon laughing.

« We should shower or the big woman with take our place soon… » Said Uee washing her body and her hair quickly. Jooyeon did the same.

The big woman opened Uee curtains. « Yo- » She cut herself seeing that Uee wasn’t alone. « You didn’t told me small that you were with your friend. » She said smiling.

Jooyeon took a towel and put it around Uee quickly before doing the same with her own towel.

« It’s free. » Said Jooyeon to the woman. 

« Small ? » She asked Uee while they were putting their uniforms. 

Uee laughed. « She call me like that since the first time she saw me . » Explained Uee. « Don’t ask me why? »

Jooyeon started laughing. And Uee followed her. It was the first time they laughed since the incident. Tears came out of their eyes, then Uee started crying. Jooyeon took her in her arms.

« Don’t cry, you’re save now… » Said Jooyeon while caressing Uee's hair to reassure her. All their mixed feelings make them cry without knowing if they were sad or happy. They were just glad to be together again.

« Talking about being save… » Said Jooyeon looking around, everybody was busy dressing. « There is something I need to tell you… »

« What is it? » Asked Uee curious and worried.

« It’s- »

« You two! » Said one of the guardians. « You’re clothed, we will take you to the dorm. Follow the others. » She said waiting for the two girls to follow the little group.

Uee and Jooyeon wanted to talk, but it wasn’t the good time. So they just entered their cell, waiting for supper to be served. Then after two more hours, it was time for the curfew. The girls lay in their bed silently. 

Jooyeon sighed and one of the guardian knocked against the bars of her cell to make her shut up. She rolled her eyes. She heard the guardian walk around the dorm, passing by every cell, looking if everything was dark and silent. The noise that her shoes made, indicated the guardian was at the other end of the corridor. So Jooyeon stood up and jumped in Uee’s bed. Putting her hand on to silence the girl.

Hearing some « humph » noise the guardian stopped walking and came back, looking in the cells, but her watch rang just before she could reach the girls’ cell, indicating her that it was time to change with an another guardian…

Jooyeon sighed in relief. Uee turned to face Jooyeon. The only lights came from the exit banners in the corridor that made them see a little in the dark night. « What are you doing? Are you crazy?! » She asked whispering.

« We don’t have too much time before the other guardian come, I wanted to talk to you about Kahi… It’s like the chief of one of the biggest clan here… she want us to join her, and she will protect us against the girls who harassed you… » Explained Jooyeon in a whisper. « I told Nana and Raina, that I needed to talk to you about it before choosing if we wanted to join them or not… they will probably came to us soon… we need to give them an answer. »

« I don’t know… what do you think? » Asked Uee.

Jooyeon shook her shoulders. « This Kahi seem to be a strong woman, she did horrible things, but I would feel better if someone was looking after us… and protecting us. » Explained Jooyeon.

Uee hesitated. They heard the other guardian coming. « Do what you think is better for us. I will always follow you… » Said Uee gently pushing Jooyeon out of her bed. « Now go back in your bed… » She whispered.

Jooyeon smiled and jumped back in her bed just in time. The guardian passed in front of their cell and looked at them before continuing her round.

The next day, the girls stayed locked in their cell all morning, the only ones who could left the cell in the morning were the girls that did some activity like body-building, sport or cooking… but Jooyeon and Uee were new and didn’t participed at any of this activities for now.

Uee was reading a book, Jooyeon was sitting in her bed. « You know it’s my favourite part of the days… » Said Jooyeon dreamly.

« Why? » Asked Uee. « Being here is so boring… I miss my life… »

« Yeah, but in the morning, lot’s of girls are out, and the guardians come only every hours. » She explained. « I feel like it’s the only part of the day that we’re kind of alone. » She said. 

« I had never noticed… » Said Uee. 

Jooyeon smiled. « I noticed this yesterday, I was looking at the clock here. » She said showing the clock on the wall in the corridor. « The guardians came every hours and look at the occupied cells… then they left and come back an hour after. » She said still looking at the clock.

Uee smiled. « You seem smart suddenly, but it’s only because I have nobody smart enough to compare you with here… » She said joking. Jooyeon pouted. Uee smiled and put her book aside. « And when did the guardian will come? » She asked standing up.

Jooyeon looked at the clock. « In 43 minutes. » She said proudly. « Then it will be the time that they open the cells and times for us to go in the cafeteria… » Said Jooyeon, without seeing that Uee was now knelling behind her. She get out of her thoughts when she felt Uee’s arms around her.

« What are you doing? » Asked Jooyeon loving the feeling of Uee hugging her like this.

Uee laughed a little. « A smart girl made me notice that we were alone for an another 43 minutes… »

« 42 now. » Said Jooyeon smiling.

« Then I just want to spend the 42 minutes who left hugging you… » Explained Uee shyly.

Jooyeon smiled and came closer to Uee, letting the younger girl back hugged her tightly. Jooyeon let her back melt against Uee. It was the first time in months that the two girls felt save and comfortable.