Chapter 7

One-Way Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
One-Way Love (Love in Vain Myungsoo’s Version)

“Gyul, so you are coming with me, right?” Myungsoo asked once they were working on an ad project proposal together in the office in the middle of night. Yes they were working over time tonight, since they needed to submit it by tomorrow.   

“What?” Gyuri answered clueless.

“Don’t say you have forgotten it.” Myungsoo pouted. “Annual party. An.nu.al Par.ty. You’ll be my date on that, deal?”

Company Annual Party? Gyuri didn’t think it was a good idea to attend. She could be met Seongyeol there and it had their memories on there.

“Come on, you always love this party, right? Time to show off your beauty.” Myungsoo held on Gyuri’s shoulder. “Don’t you love to dance?”

 

Gyuri still kept silent.

“Oh my… Don’t you say that you haven’t prepared any dress to attend? God…” Once in a time, Myungsoo could be such a diva. Said that to a guy who loved black so much. So out of character.

“Let’s shop, Cinderella. You need a dress to join the party. A prince is waiting for you to dance with him.” Myungsoo picked Gyuri’s hand

“A prince?” Gyuri creased her forehead.

Myungsoo pointed on himself. Gyuri laughed it off.

“Are you mocking on me now? If you did, I’m not going to buy you a fabulous pair of shoes, you have been eyeing for a while.” Myungsoo threatened.

Gyuri quickly changed her attitude “Okay, I’m sorry, prince. It’s my fault. Don’t cancel it.”

She gave a sweet smile to Myungsoo. Myungsoo chuckled and released his arm fold.

“Good, right now let’s go.”

Myungsoo held on Gyuri’s hand and dragged her out of office.

 

“Wait, we haven’t cleaned up the table.” Gyuri held back.

“Ah right.” Myungsoo quickly changed their direction toward table back and cleaned the table.

It was a precious proposal, not to leave on so careless.

Gyuri laughed while cleaning the table.

 

Lately, it has been good for her. She started to move on and had more shine on her face. Slowly but sure, Gyuri was back to her old beauty self. It was all thanks to Myungsoo who always bothered her and not let her to have time alone to think about Seongyeol.

Once for a time, Myungsoo still was Myungsoo, the ert Myungsoo. He would steal a kiss from Gyuri which was always earned him a hit on head by Gyuri. But Myungsoo never mentioned back about the night he confessed.

Gyuri was wondered if Myungsoo still wanted an answer from her, but for now she still not ready yet to give any answer. Maybe she would let this flow on time to answer it.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

 

“Can I take your order?” Gyuri was in the front line of queue in the café beside company.  She eyed on the menu board.

“One hot Cappuccino, please. Ah! Please make it pretty like the last time. I love it so much. Thank you.” Gyuri ordered with a cheery voice.

After paid it, she wanted to look around. That’s when she heard other line cashier asked the person beside her.

“Sir, can you please stand aside?”

Gyuri turned her face to the side. It was Seongyeol. Gyuri unconsciously stared on him long until Seongyeol looked awkward and tried to avoid her.

Gyuri didn’t want it end like that. That guy looked horrible right now. What has he been doing lately? He got thinner.

Gyuri followed Seongyeol to his seat.

 

“How are you doing, Yeol?” It was a little mean actually for Gyuri to act like this. Seongyeol already looked so miserable, and Gyuri still poured salt on it.

Of course Gyuri knew that Seongyeol started to regret their break, but Gyuri only wanted to show off how well she was after the break. Mean, right?  

But this attitude didn’t last long. Looking at his dark circles under eyes and hoarse voice made Gyuri worried, actually.

Habit still was a habit. She couldn’t forget it all at once. When she said to things to show how concerned she was about Seongyeol, Gyuri quickly regret it.

 

Why Seongyeol need to be such a child, why Seongyeol couldn’t take care himself better

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter