Chapter 3

One-Way Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
One-Way Love (Love in Vain Myungsoo’s Version)

 

“So you agree to this, right?” It’s been a week and now Myungsoo tried to make Gyuri do something for him.

“Stop it, Myungsoo!” Gyuri tired being followed by him since the morning in the office. As much as she wanted do her work, Myungsoo kept her unfocused with his rant.

 

“I won’t stop until you agree to come with me to annual party.”

Since that day, Myungsoo actively purposed her to be with him at any chance. Like how about a lunch dates? How about movie night? And now how about come to the annual party as his partner.

“Ya Myungsoo leave her alone. She is out of your league. Don’t play with her.” One of another coworkers helped Gyuri to make Myungsoo off her back as usual.

“I’m not playing around with her. I’m serious.” Myungsoo puffed his cheek unsatisfied by the accusation.

“Whatever...” The co-workers back to his work didn’t want to be bother by Myungsoo’s childish argument which was usual happen after he said that sentences.

It left Myungsoo grumbled why people in the office thought he wasn’t serious. Couldn’t they see it? Myungsoo was never been serious with other girl else than Gyuri. It was always Gyuri from the beginning.

“Stop it, Myungsoo. I’ll go eat lunch with you today. Can you stop now and let me do my work?” Gyuri slammed her paper work and glared at Myungsoo who lean on her cubicle partition.

“You have promise me.”

 

Gyuri rolled her eyes and stood from her chair.

“Where are you going?” Myungsoo asked.

“Am I not allowed to go to restroom?” Gyuri snapped back. “Alone.” She quick added it after Myungsoo stood along.

“Okay.” Myungsoo gave up to tail along.

Finally she had some time alone from Myungsoo. Of course, Gyuri feel grateful toward Myungsoo who keep pestering her and not gave her time alone, that way she would not think about Seongyeol.

But sometimes it felt too much.

 

“Oh God... I feel so ugly.” Gyuri looked at her face in the mirror. Dark circles below her eyes were really visible to see. It’s horrible. Gyuri never felt that ugly. Where is the Goddess inside her right now?

Her face looked gaunt and out of shine. This is not her. This is not Park Gyuri. Who are you, old lady?

I cannot be like this. It was her determination. She needed to move on. Really need this.

Gyuri loved herself much. She never wanted to do something to destroy her body especially her face that she liked so much.

I should move on. But... “This is really hard.” Gyuri frustrated. She grabbed onto the edge of wash stand inside the toilet.

 

“Seongyeol ssi, are you okay?” Gyuri heard a girl’s sound that familiar outside toilet. She quick hide herself, but still trying eavesdropping.

 

“I’m okay. I just a little bit dizzy for a while. “Gyuri heard Seongyeol’s voice. God, she missed it so much. Does he fall sick from overworking?

Gyuri couldn’t help to worry.

“Oppa, you are really weird these days. “ The tone the girl use was changed. She was lower her voice so no one could heard her call Seongyeol oppa. No one but Gyuri.

Gyuri remembered it now. It was Seongyeol’s other girl voice. Gyuri remembered it now, she knew the girl already. The new one on Seongyeol’s department.

That realization made an anger rise on Gyuri. So those two are office colleagues? How dare that b*tch... Everyone in the office knew Gyuri and Seongyeol was campus sweetheart. They always been together since a long time ago, even they entered the company together with Myungsoo. Well Gyuri first and then Seongyeol joined and followed by Myungsoo. But it’s already famous between all workers in Seongyeol and Gyuri’s department that Seongyeol was Gyuri’s. No one ever bother it.

 

Stupid Yeol. How dare you do that to me? Gyuri felt like a fool. She knew it already, that her ex boyfriend now closed to that girl since they always assigned to the same project. Gyuri always found those two went together. But she never knew that...

Gyuri hate Seongyeol now. She hated Seongyeol’s stupidity. No she hated herself for being oblivious to her surroundings.

...............................................................................

 

“Hey, Gyul... what’s wrong with you?” Myungsoo tapped on Gyuri’s back hands. She was grabbing her cup so tight and being lost in thought.

“Uhh? What? Nothing.” Gyuri shook her head.

“Obvious.” Myungsoo snickered.

“What? Are you mocking me?” Gyuri snapped. Myungsoo shrugged.

Gyuri glared at Myungsoo. He just laughed it off.

“Well, since we finished with eating, how about back to work now?” Myungsoo grabbed Gyuri’s hand.

“W-wait... My wallet is left.” Gyuri hold on Myungsoo to take her wallet.

 

After that they were back to work on their field survey work.

 

“Why are you in such a hurry? We have a whole day to do the survey.” Gyuri grunted because Myungsoo was impatient today.

“Nothing, I just want to finish this work soon and off work.”

“Why? Do you have an appointment?”

“Not really. I have asked her yet.”

“Her?” Gyuri asked back bewildered. Is Myungsoo now getting bored with her already?

“Yes, her.” Myungsoo looked assured. Gyuri didn’t know what kind expression she showed but it made Myungsoo laughed. “It’s you, Park Gyuri. Who else you know I’m close to for hangout?”

“Many.” Gyuri mumbles.

 

“Look at you. It’s so funny. You look so disappoint when I said her. So you have already fallen for me now?” Myungsoo pinched Gyuri’s cheek.

“Stop that. I’m not jealous or like you even a bit.” Gyuri slapped away Myungsoo’s hand.

“Ehem... well...” Myungsoo quickly released his hand. “So do you want to hang out with me tonight? I have to attend my brother’s birthday party tonight. He ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter