Chapter 1

One-Way Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
One-Way Love

(Love in Vain Myungsoo’s Version)

 

I wandered through the night as I swayed with stumbling steps.

Drunk off my black tears, I cried for a long time.

The moon is so cold, there’s no place to lean.

I look for a love that will embrace my thinning shoulder.

Lonely you lonely you, do you know my heart?

Lonely heart lonely heart, no one is by my side.

Again today, la la la lonely la la la lonely.

My heart drenched in Rain is la la la lonely.

Will you hold me? – Hyorin Lonely

 

“Hhh...” Gyuri sighed for many times already these days, especially after the song was sung by the cafe singer tonight.

Myungsoo who was enjoying the live show turned his head to his co-workers.

“Why do you keep sighing?” He couldn’t help not to ask when he saw Gyuri’s dark expression.

 

“Nothing...” Gyuri shook her head while poking her cake.

Myungsoo creased his forehead thinking about what’s going on Gyuri’s mind.

“You are being weird lately, nuna.”

 

Gyuri always hated to be called ‘Nuna’ – that made her feel so old. She quickly turned her face to him with stark eyes.

Myungsoo grinned. He knew how much Gyuri hated it, but he just wanted to change the mood and also teased Gyuri a bit. It was always fun to see her reaction.

 

“Want to change place? Round 3?” Myungsoo asked.

“Do you serious want to continue hang out like this up to morning?” Gyuri’s eyes widen. “Don’t you have work to do tomorrow?”

“Come on, do you forget tomorrow is Sunday. There’s no work for us.”

“But you still have your photographer’s job, right?”

“Nope, I don’t have any jobs tomorrow.”

 

She couldn’t believe when Myungsoo asked her to hang out together until morning out of blue. She thought it was only joke but she agreed to it if it was only for dinner. They did it sometimes since high school, alone or with Seongyeol. But Gyuri started to think Myungsoo was serious.

 

“Come on, I’ll pay this round” Myungsoo stood up and picked up his belonging especially the bag with his precious DSLR baby.

Gyuri reluctantly stood up along. She didn’t think it’s good to hang out with him until morning; even they were close and knew each other for a long time. He still was her ex-boyfriend’s best friend. It was not a good idea.

 

As an obstinate person him, Myungsoo succeed to drag Gyuri along in his hangout journey.

.......................................................

“Myungsoo, I don’t think this is good.” Gyuri looked uneasy. She didn’t touch her drink and kept looking around to see if there was any person knew her and Myungsoo.

“Why?” Myungsoo glanced over his glass while drinking his beer.

 

“This is already late and this is not good for us being seen hanging out just with two of us.” Gyuri talked with a serious face.

“I don’t see any problem with that. We always hang out like this before, no one in the company care.” Myungsoo shrugged. He watched her carefully. Gyuri turned her face to other side.

 

“And I just break up with Seongyeol.” Gyuri added with smaller voice, but Myungsoo could hear what she said. Myungsoo shut his mouth didn’t say anything.

Gyuri fell into darker expression when she thought of that. She wouldn’t care anymore. She grabbed her drink and drank it fast. Her mind played back the memories and it felt like her heart drenched in rain once again. Gyuri hated being drenched.

In second bottles of beers were empty. Gyuri drank like there was no tomorrow. It was only for now Gyuri would let out her emotion. Tomorrow, she would be back being strong. Only for today...

 

“Hey, don’t drink that fast. “Myungsoo called to get attention but Gyuri didn’t bothered. “Nuna!” Even that word didn’t help either.

Myungsoo could only watched Gyuri in silent. He tried to enjoy the moment and view in front of him. Well, it was not a pretty view of her that he usually looked at, but for Myungsoo even this was ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter