Betrayals

Lost Planet Princess (Hacker)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr Kim stared at Hyera. He never left his eyes off her. Hyera felt scared, Mr Cho's face ran through her mind. She won't turn her back on the country, yet the WHOLE country. Helping Mr Kim meant citizens would die. Due to the virus he wants. Although, Hyera could not help but feel betrayed by Kim Jongdae. Who else would have told Mr Kim if it was not for Jongdae? She only told the 12 about her story, no wonder Jongdae got so interested that day. Hyera's heart tightened, she felt like crying, but not in front of this man.

"I'm sure you already know that our generation has powers, right?" Hyera nodded. Throwing daggers at him. Mr Kim, on the other hand, knew she's already starting to put the blame on Jongdae. But the thing is, he didn't ask his son about this. His son knows nothing. The only thing his son knows is, he is the lead terrorist. He just simply had some bugs placed around Jongdae's stuff, and that room they always hang out in. 

"I can see the future," Mr Kim said. Sipping his latte. Hyera felt like pouring the whole glass on him. If he was a girl and they were in a cat fight, she might have already done that. There was a long pause after that. Hyera felt like strangling the man.

"I don't see your sister in your future," Hyera swore she felt her heart stop beating for a while. Her face turned pale. Her fingers trembled. She could have just died at the moment. She stared into her cup.

"However," he continued, "you can change the future," Hyera looked up to meet Mr Kim's gaze.

"How?" Hyera asked, simple as that. She could not imagine her life without Yejin. She couldn't even imagine how Yejin would be gone. It horrifies her.

"Help me," Hyera nodded. Mr Kim was beyond content, this girl fell for his lie. Yejin was in her future, it's just that, he was kind of desperate for her help. Seeing the future without the capability of doing anything is useless, right?

Hyera woke up with a sore back and an aching head. She went straight back to the dorm after the deal with Mr Kim. She has about 5 missed calls from Jongdae. Hyera snickered. Her dormmate, Mi Young, got really worried. Although she's all cold most of times, but she never got back looking so pale. She was trembling. Mi Young made her hot chocolate and ironed her uniform for her, she did said thanks but she just cannot seem to face anyone. When Mi Young was sure she's fast asleep, she looked at her friend. Her lips were blue, she was cold and her face was pale. As if she got soaked in the Antartics or something.

Hyera got into class. She noticed Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae's heads shot up at her sight. She smiled at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. But not at Jongdae. The seat beside Jongdae's was always reserved for her, but not today.  Jongdae himself knew he'll be getting the cold shoulder. No, don't get the wrong idea. He didn't told his father anything about Hyera. His father found out himself. Being the sneaky dad he is. Jongdae felt guilty but he didn't want to interfere with his dad's business. But he thinks, he has to this time. 

Chanyeol sat beside Hyera the whole class and they passed notes. Jongdae stole glances of Hyera, missing passing notes with her. Baekhyun suddenly placed a paper on Jongdae's desk.

coolboybaek: Pass notes with me then, lover boy. :3

funkyjongdae: go away byun

coolboybaek: Are you jealous? ;)

Jongdae stuck a tongue at Baekhyun and he erupted a laughter of victory in the middle of class. Every single eye was on him.

"My Byun, do you have a question?" Baekhyun immediately looked down awkwardly. The teacher then looked further back, towards Chanyeol and Hyera.

"Are you two passing notes?" Jongdae and Baekhyun turned to the both of them. The note was in Hyera's hand and how Hyera wished it was in Chanyeol's. At least he could burn it into ashes or something. Suddely, she felt her palm go hot and by the time the teacher was in front of them, the note was burnt. Chanyeol happily clapped his hands mutely out of the power she just unlocked. Jongdae and Baekhyun's eyes went wide out of amazement.

"Fine Ms Oh, you're out of trouble." The bell rang and everyone raced out of history. Dreadful history. Who even wants to be in that class any longer. Baekhyun and Chanyeol ran out of class as usual. Leaving Hyera and Jongdae behind. Hyera didn't leave class though, she wanted to avoid seeing Jongdae during recess. She sat next to the windowsill and tapped on her phone, just deciding to text Yejin since the KCIA's and the terrorists knows who she is already. A tear slipped her eye. She missed Yejin, she missed the normal life with her parents and Yejin. How her grandmother would yell at them both playing in the rain,how her mother would tell her stories while braiding her hair, how her father would come to her and bring all sorts of magazines. She missed her normal life which she is never getting back.

"Are you going to avoid me, Hyera?" Hyera quickly wiped the tear of her cheek. She sniffled and pressed send to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter