New lead

A note in QL 737 .P96 F67 1983 p. 178

               “Hello Pie?”  Kim answered the phone.

               “Where are you Kim?”  Pie asked.

               “Where are you?  I have something to tell you.”

               “At your house.  Where are you Kim?”

               “Wait for me there.”  Kim hung up.

 

               “Where’s Pie?”  Kim asked Aunt In in the living room.

               “She’s at the rooftop waiting for you.”  Aunt In answered.

              

               Pie was sitting on the couch watching the city.  She heard footsteps from the stairs, she knew it was Kim.

               “Pie?”  Kim called.

               “Yes Kim. Tell me what you said on the phone.”

               Kim opened her bag and showed to Pie the box.  “I came from Jack’s house.  I met his parents.  I found this in his room.”

               Pie opened the box and shocked on what she saw. “Pictures?  He took me pictures?  She took one, this was on my first year, my first day in the university.”

               “When did you meet Jack?”

               “After Mike died.”

               “Mike’s cause of death was drinking a silver cleaner.”

               “Jack has silver necklace and bracelet.”

               Kim took the small bottle from the box.  “This bottle, the same at the picture of police report.”

               “So you mean,”

               “Jack killed Mike.  I don’t know how.  Maysa did the break up?”  Kim asked.

               “Yes.  He told me that he must focus on his studies first but he transferred to another school.”

               “Maybe Jack did something to him.”

               “Does Mike know that you and Maysa broke up?”

               “I don’t know, maybe.”

               “His mother told me about Jack’s real personality.  She told me that Jack always gets what he wants and he would risk everything just to get what he wants.”

               “He got what he wanted Pie, he got you.”

               “I can’t believe this.  This was all Jack’s plan.”

               “We must clear Mike’s death, Pie.  I think it was Mike who asked me for help and the angry one was Jack.”

               Pie nodded.

               “I must go to the police.”  Kim stood up.

               “Not now Kim.”  Pie insisted.  “We should be prepared for this.  We must gather all the information and evidences first and you almost forgot Kim, our presentation.“

               “You’re right, Pie.”

               “We should reserve tomorrow for our presentation for the next day and after that we will present this case to the police.”

               “We?”

               “I should tell the truth, I’m the cause of Jack’s evil doings.”

               “But where’s Jack?”  Kim asked.

               “That’s the question Kim.”  Pie answered.

               Kim put the box in her bag and cuddled Pie on the couch.

               “We can do this Pie.  I want to show Jack how much I love you.”

               Pie nodded.  “I want to show to him too that I’m yours and his.  I love you Kim.”

               Kim shouted.  “Did you hear that Jack?  She loves me.”

               They both laughed.

              

               Aunt In came to the scene.  “Kim, Pie, the dinner’s ready.”

               “What’s for dinner Aunt In?”

               “Just see for yourself, I’m sure you’ll like it.”

               “I’m already full Aunt In.”  Kim said.

               ‘What?”  Aunt In asked.

               “I’m full at my Pie’s love.”  She put her arm at Pie’s shoulders.  Pie smiled.

               “Full in your heart but how about your empty stomach?”

               “Yes, you’re right Aunt In.  My stomach is empty.  Let’s go.”  Kim laughed.