Lost in Memories

Miss Ballerina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                    

                       Listen to this song as you read the story if you're the type that loves to read with music <3 :)

                            Chapter 1

    Rina sat on her wheelchair as her eyes linger around the room. It was raining, and the sound of the rain is a pleasure to her ears.

          It was her 16th Birthday and no one seems to realize. ' Happy Birthday, Choi Rina.', She whispered to herself as she sighed. She stared pitifully into her legs. 

"Why won't you move?", She whispered as she softly rub her two paralyzed leg. A knock on the door disturbed her thought as she softly replied, "Come in."

 

Her dad came and smiled. " Your teacher will be arriving in 10 minutes. Get ready.", Before he leaves, Rina called her father.

    " Father."

"Yes,honey?", Her dad answered, smiling." Do you remember what day it is today?", She managed to say before her father's face turned blank. "I-I'm not sure ...", Her father carefully answered.

  Rina slowly turned her head and stared to the window. "Get out. I'll get ready.", Harshly, She whispered those word loud enough for her father to hear.

                   Her father smiled. "I'm Sorry if today is an important day but get ready faster. Bye."

Rina scoffed. "Why did i even hope he'll remember.". Seven years ago, Every year, every year her mother would never forget her birthday for even once.

            As she used her wheelchair, She brought herself toward the closet and changed to a simple flowery t-shirt. Then her eyes darted to a dress, A Pink, Clean, Dress which she used to wore seven years ago.

                                            

Her hand rubbed the pink clothes slowly and softly. A tear escaped her eyes.

        "Why does this dress gets smaller day by day?", She whispered to herself. As she brought the dress closer to her, she closed her eyes. A memories trap her.

 

|| " Omma! Omma!!", A little girl shouted as she hugged her beloved mother. Mrs. Choi. Mrs. Choi smiled and hugged her one and only daughter. 

                     "Aigoo~ Uri Rina is back huh? ", Her mom smiled and kissed Rina's cheek. Rina let out a chuckle and kissed her mother's cheek. " Rina-yah. What do you wanna be when you're big?", Her mom asked as she tied her daughter's hair.

"Me? mmmm... I want to be just like omma! "

             Her mom chuckled. "Like me? What am i?",

"I want to dance like you. You dance so prettiy. Like a big white swan! And i want to wore that kind of dress!", Rina shouted excitingly. Her mom smiled. "Today, I'm going to make your wish came true.", Her mom hummed and softly caress Rina's face.

       "R-Really?"

"Yeah. Let's go.", Her mom said as she hold Rina;s hand and walked toward the dance practice room. All the other dancer greeted Mrs.Choi and complimented on how cute Rina is.

          Her mom put a dress out and gave it to Rina. "Go change to this.", Her mom said and smiled. Rina nodded.

When Rina done changing, she came out from the fitting room. Everyone Woo-ed and Rina smiled sheepishly. 

            "1,2,3,4! 1,2,3,4!", Her mom shouted and Rina slowly followed the dance. "Oh wow Mrs.Choi your daughter is only eight years old but is so good. She's gonna be the next you,huh?", One of the dancers jokingly said earning a big laughter from other.

Mrs.Choi smiled. "Hopefully."||

 

She stared to the dress one last time before putting in back into the closet. As another sigh escaped her lips, Another memories trapped her.

 

||" The winner is... Choi Rina from Seoul!", The host announced earning clap from audience. Rina stands up and went to the stage. She bow some few times. 

               "Omma! Thank you for everything!", She speak through the microphone. Mrs.Choi wiped the tears of happiness on the corner of her eyes. She bow again and went down the stage. 

   She ran toward her mom and hugged her. She hugged her so tightly and whispered "Omma! Did you see? I win! i winn!", Her mom nodded. "Yeah Rina. You're my Ballerina."

Rina giggled. "Hoorayy!! I'm omma's Ballerina!", 

       Her mom hugged her tightly. "Let's eat anywhere to celebrate it, eung?", rina nodded happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter