Kiss Me Again

Topp Dogg x EXO

            The next morning had come by so quickly. Gleaming rays from the sun broke through the glass window, lighting up the room like it was on fire.

            "Good morning, miss." Jun Myeon said as my eyes fluttered open to the sight of his angelic face. His hair was a curled mess and his eyes were hardly open, gazing at me through the small cracks that his eyelids allowed.

            "Good morning..." I stretched out my stiff body and sat up. "You don't work today?"

            Jun Myeon stayed lying under the blanket but kept his eyes glued to me. "Not today. It's finally my day off. Before the day of our marriage, I was working non-stop for three weeks." He turned his body face up and focused on the ceiling. "I just want a good day's rest."

            Although he wanted to rest, I somehow figured he wouldn't. Overworking himself had become his habit and it was something that wouldn't just stop like that.

            Once again, he turned his eyes to me. "Let me take you out to the city today."

            My eyebrows raised in surprise. "Really?" My heart began to beat excitedly.

            "Yes. I want to make up for last time. We ran into some unexpected company." Jun Myeon gazed into my eyes. "I think it would be nice to take you on a date. You've never been on one, have you?"

            "Never..." My eyelids fluttered nervously. A date with the man I was married to... "But... I would be flattered to go."

            I could feel the blood rushing to my pale cheeks, slowly spreading into a pink blush.

            Jun Myeon chuckled about how cute I was and pulled me closer to give me a kiss on my cheek. He was always giving me kisses and hugs, but what was I supposed to do? In situations like these, I wish I had someone to advise me.

            Disturbing the moment, someone knocked on the door and called out for Jun Myeon. "Hyung! Someone's here to see you."

            "Send them away..." He rolled away from me and stuffed his head under his pillow to cover his ears from any type of business. "Tell them that I'm still sleeping."

            There was a moment of silence from the person behind the door and then they spoke up again. "I knew you would say that." I heard him sigh heavily. "It's someone from the Topp Dogg corporation."

            Jun Myeon immediately sat up from his bed. "Tell them to wait for me in the meeting room." Quick as lightning, Jun Myeon slid out from his bedside and disappeared behind the doors of his walk-in closet.

            I laid in bed disappointedly. I guess we wouldn't go to town today...

            Within mere seconds of the sad thought, Jun Myeon bursted from the closet doors with a classic business suit. It seems he was always prepared for work.

            "I apologize, Miss, but this is very important to me. Please understand?" He walked over to me and knelt beside the bed. "If I don't meet with this person, things might become a little bad here."

            I nodded pitifully. "I understand."

            "Thank you." He strained a smile across his face. "I'll be back to take you on a date in a moment. Be ready by the time I come back."

            Again, I nodded pitifully. "Yes, I will."

            He planted a soft kiss on my cheek again and exited the room while fixing his tie.

            Minutes afterwards, I became curious. Whenever work was mentioned, he instantly disappeared. I wondered what kind of work he did and why it was so important.

            I hurriedly rushed into some clothes and ran downstairs after him. I wasn't sure where the meeting room was, but I would find it sooner or later. It looked as if there wasn't anyone around to ask directions from anyways.

            Sneaking down the stairs, I heard voices coming from a room nearest the kitchen. This was probably the meeting room?

            Voices boomed from the closed doors of the room. I'm pretty sure they didn't know how loud they were being. But back to all seriousness, it sounded intense in there.

            I stealthily placed my ear to the door and listened in to the conversation. I wanted to know what kind of business Jun Myeon was stressing over.

            "What!?" I jumped to the sound of Jun Myeon's angry shout. "You're planning to buy out the EXO company!?"

            "That is not what I'm saying." A man said calmly. "What I'm saying is that you're in the warning zone. If your company doesn't raise enough money by the next month, then you may not even exist anymore."

            Sudden whispers echoed around the room, each one sounding distressed. "What can we do.... How can we raise that kind of money... How did it become like this... Topp Dogg corporation..." Jun Myeon's company was about to be bought over?

            "Calm down, men." Jun Myeon's firm voice overpowered the others' in the room. "What will happen if we can raise enough money by the end of the month?"

            "Then your company will still be in business. It's just that simple."

            "We will raise money by that time. No matter what it takes."

            There was a moment of silence and then the calm man spoke again. "Watch what you say. Anything could happen within the time that you raise enough money, so keep watch of your stocks and business partners."

            From inside the meeting room, I heard footsteps approaching the door so I quickly made my way back to the room. My feet loudly clapped up the stairs in a rush to pretend that I hadn't been down there at all. Aish! How sloppy!

            I ran down the hall to the room and shoved myself into the walk-in closet. Seconds later, Jun Myeon entered the room, stomping angrily all the way.

            Leaning against the door of the closet, I listened once again as Jun Myeon dropped himself onto the bed and groaned loudly. "Why did I say that..." His voice was muffled from lying face-flat on his pillow. "I'll never make enough money on time..."

            Awkwardly, I opened the door of the closet to peek at him. His face was buried in his pillow. Like a good wife, I got out of the closet and sat beside him. "What's wrong?"

            He looked up at me to find that I was already dressed for the day. "Ah, it's nothing much. Ready to go?" His mouth smiled forcefully.

            "Whenever you're ready." Slightly, my lips curved upward into a worried smile. Jun Myeon's eyebrows were furrowed to an extreme extent and I don't think he knew.

            Just as he was raising himself off of the bed, I put my arms around him in a blind attempt to cheer him up.

            Jun Myeon was taken aback; he pulled himself away from me. "W-wh-what's wrong?" He tried to look into my eyes, but I buried my face into his shoulder.

            "You just seem like you need a hug..." I said carefully. "I just think you needed some cheering up."

            Suddenly, he chuckled. "Thank you, miss. I feel better."

            "Call me Jieun." I said. "Just my name."

            "Thank you, Jieun ah." Jun Myeon released his hold on me.

            I pulled myself away and smiled at him. "You're welcome, Jun Myeon oppa."

 

            The both of us had spent the whole day discovering the shops throughout the city. To my disappointment, Jun Myeon bought me whatever I wanted - whether the expense was too much or even if it was very little.

            Although we were spending good time together, he always seemed to be on high alert with his phone; constantly checking to see if it would ring or receive messages. I felt like he needed to be away from it.

            It was an excellent innovation, but it distracted him from everything else.

            Just by keeping his eyes on his phone, he had run into various walls and doors. He had even tripped over himself in a few instances.

            Finally finding some rest in a cafe, Jun Myeon and I got a chance to talk.

            "Jun Myeon oppa?"

            He looked up at me from his phone and lifted his eyebrows. "Yes, Jieun ah?"

            "What kind of work does the EXO company do?" Just mentioning the name of his company made his ears perk up.

            Rubbing his chin, Jun Myeon explained in a rough summary. "We sell and buy products of extreme value to customers all over the world." He nodded his head and then looked me in the eyes. "Want to know what kinds of products we sell?"

            I nodded my head.

            "Here," Jun Myeon held out his phone and scrolled down, showing me pictures of different items. "These are household items that do things for people who see it as inconvenient to do these things physically themselves."

            He tapped on one picture and explained to me about how the item worked, but the more he talked about work, the less interested I became.

            I sighed from boredom as he kept babbling on about the products and how he could save his company by selling them. All his tactics to sell them seemed the same. Online advertisements. Social media. Business offers. Commercial farming.

            ".... And then by selling it to people higher up, we could really make some fast money. I feel like we have the chance to stay in business!" He ended his speech excitedly.

            Half-asleep from his compilation of strategies, my eyelids kept falling. "Oh..."

            I couldn't see it, but I knew he was disappointed. Although, I wasn't too sure if he was disappointed in me or if he was in himself. Either way, the silence between us meant that he didn't want to talk any further about it.

            "Jieun ah..." Did he finally want to talk about something else?

            "Yes...?" As I lifted my head to look at him, he pulled himself closer. His soft lips connected with mine and I was suddenly awake.

            My face was burning up, my heart was beating so fast that I thought I could die from it, and my body was paralyzed from shock.

            When he finally pulled himself away, he chuckled at the sight of me. "I'm glad you're finally awake."

            I was still frozen in place. I didn't know how to react to something like this. This was my first kiss. What was I supposed to do?

            "Kiss me again..." By the time I knew it, my mouth had already spoken on its own. "Kiss me again..." I repeated.

            Jun Myeon smiled sweetly and placed his lips back on mine. There was no stopping this time. We just kept kissing.

            I closed my eyes and fell into the moment. It felt so awkward, yet so wonderful. I didn't know what I was doing, but I had a feeling that Jun Myeon knew exactly what to do and how to do it. Had he done this before? I don't think I wanted to know.

            Suddenly, the doors of the cafe busted open and Jun Myeon pulled himself away from me. I looked to the direction of the sound and found myself staring into the eyes of Park Sehyuk.

            His teeth were clenched as tight as his fists were. "Kim Jun Myeon..." He growled.

            Jun Myeon didn't say a word. Rather, his eyebrows angled downward in a glare.

            What was going on?

 

            The twilight air was chilly with an empty feeling. The streets were cleared out and a fog began to settle between the cracks of buildings.

            The three of us (Jun Myeon, Sehyuk, and I) had been pulled out of the cafe. The employees predicted that the two men would fight.

            Gulping down nervous saliva, I looked Sehyuk in the eyes, but he didn't look back. He kept his hateful eyes on the one man that he wanted to get rid of.

            In one blink, Sehyuk's hands gripped the collar of Jun Myeon's shirt. I gasped and covered my eyes, afraid that they would literally fight. But there wasn't a sound to be made other than their words.

            "Why did you do it, Jun Myeon?" Sehyuk said between his teeth. "Why did you do that in front of me?"

            "What are you talking about?" Jun Myeon replied with a question of his own.

            I uncovered my eyes and watched them talk.

            Annoyed, Jun Myeon pushed Sehyuk's hands away and fixed his collar.

            "Why did you kiss her!?" Sehyuk shouted.

            I held my breath.

            "Why?" Jun Myeon's eyes looked up into Sehyuk's and he lifted his chin. "Because she's my wife. What? I can't kiss her? Does she belong to you?"

            Offended, Sehyuk's fists curled even tighter.

            Quickly, I ran to Jun Myeon's side and grabbed his arm. "Jun Myeon oppa, let's just go home. I'm tired." I looked pitifully at Sehyuk who looked like he had already given up on being angry. There were so many things I wanted to ask him, but not right now.

            "Come on." I said as I tugged Jun Myeon away. I didn't want them to fight. Whether it was over the company or over me. It was too ridiculous.

            I looked back a few times as the two of us walked away from Sehyuk. He didn't move. He just kept his eyes on the ground in front of him, looking defeated. And I wasn't sure, but I swore I saw a tear fall from his eyes.