Happiness

Topp Dogg x EXO

    It seemed like I had only slept for one minute when I woke up the next morning. I felt sore and exhausted for some reason. My forehead was dripping with cold sweat and my chest felt tight like I had been running for a long time.
    A knock came from the door, loud and clear. "Hello there!"
    I looked over to see the doctor standing in the doorway. His white coat really brought attention to him. But that wasn't all that brought my attention -- he was carrying a clipboard in his hands.
    "Good morning, Miss Jieun." He smiled as he walked inside, bowing his head as he neared the bed. "My name is Doctor Hwang Jooyeon. I'm here to give you a quick checkup before releasing you."
    I quietly nodded my head - seeming that I still didn't have a voice.
    "Alright, if you could just sit on the edge for me." Doctor Hwang plugged a tool into his ears and placed a connecting part to my chest where my heart was. He stayed still for a moment and then moved it elsewhere on my chest. "I see that your heart has some uneven beats, but I don't think that should be a problem if you take your medication regularly."
    The doctor unplugged the instrument from his ears and then unwrapped a small, flat stick from his coat pocket. "This here is for checking your throat. Say ah~"
    Following his orders, I opened my mouth as he a light and peeked into my throat. "Your throat is still a little swollen, but the swelling should go down in a day or two." He pulled out the stick and tossed it into a nearby trash bin.
    Doctor Hwang turned back to me with a delighted smile on his face. "I think this should do it. I'll have you released in due time. For now, you can get back into bed and I'll contact Park Jun Myeon-sshi. Get some rest now, Miss Jieun."
    Just as I was getting myself back into bed, Jun Myeon walked into the room. He was holding a small brown burlap sack and a pair of women's shoes. Were those for me?
    "Ah, good morning Jun Myeon-sshi!" Doctor Hwang turned to him and smiled brightly. "It seems that Miss Jieun will be fine. Would you like to take her home now?"
    "Yes, Doctor." Jun Myeon's eyes fixated themselves on me. I don't think he knew it, but he was smiling really big. I could see the exitement unraveling in his eyes. "How are you feeling, Jieun?"
    Still unable to speak yet, I just smiled at him. He would know what I meant.
    "I can see that you still can't talk." Jun Myeon sighed as a sad smile crossed his face. "But that's okay. I'll be the one doing all the talking for you."
    He held out his hand for me as I got off the hospital bed. Surprised, I blinked a few times before exhaling and placing my hand in his. I could see that he was being extremely careful with me.
    "Here you go. I brought some clothes for you. Your maids chose it out for you." He handed me the burlap sack and escorted me to the bathroom. Embarrassed, he quickly left me alone there so I could change. "I'll be over here. Just come get me if you need anything."
    Smiling, I closed the door to the bathroom and quickly changed.

    After changing my clothes, I walked out to Jun Myeon, tapping him on the shoulder for him to turn around and see me. When he set eyes on me, his eyebrows raised in surprise.
    Then a big grin grew across his face. His smile lit the room brighter than the sun.
    What did I look like to him? The clothes were just normal clothing, but somehow, he seemed happy on a whole new level to see me in them. I walked over to the doorway where he stood and held onto his arm. Let's go, I said in my head.
    "Let's go." He repeated my words like magic. "I'll be bringing you back to our home. Everything has already been prepared and moved there ahead of time for you. You don't need to worry about anything."
    I nodded, unsure of what everything meant. He assured that I wouldn't need to worry- I couldn't help but to worry about all of it. I was sad that I wouldn't be seeing Sehyuk anymore. Nor would I be able to see Hansol anymore. Everything I knew wouldn't be the same- but I still had Jun Myeon beside me.
    My happiness.
    As we exited the hospital, Jun Myeon walked me over to a car in front of the hospital and opened the door for me to climb in. I smiled and crawled into the back seat.
    "Hey there!"
    To my surprise, Hansol was seated beside me. I blinked at the sight. Why was he here? What was going on?
    Quickly, Jun Myeon squeezed himself into the driver's seat and began driving off. He was quiet, allowing Hansol to talk to me.
    "Miss Jieun! I'm so glad to see you!" His arms wrapped themselves around me in a tight embrace. He grinned widely and ruffled my hair. "I'm so happy that you're doing okay! I was so worried for you because Sehyuk wouldn't let me see you in the hospital!" Hansol whined as he kept me in his arms.
    I chuckled and nodded my head, squirming from his hold to make him let me go. After he released me, he backed up and looked at me with a relieved smile. "I won't be able to see you much longer after this, but I hope you'll be doing okay. I'll be visiting you every so often, but I wish to see you more." He closed his eyes and sighed, slightly smiling to stay positive. "Sehyuk won't allow me to see you after I took the initiative to call Kim Jun Myeon-sshi first."
    There was absolutely nothing I could do about our selfish souls. Sehyuk was truly trying to avoid anything to do with me now that I was going back to Jun Myeon.
    "This is where you have to get off." Jun Myeon stopped the car and turned back to face Hansol and I.
    "Well, thank you for this opportunity, Kim Jun Myeon-sshi." He smiled sadly and accepted his time. Even if he only got to see me for this little amount of time, he was still relieved that he even had the chance. "I'll see you soon, Miss Jieun." Hansol embraced me once again before exiting the car.
    Good bye for now, I thought loudly as my arms slid to his back. I held him closely before he let go. I knew it wouldn't be the last time I saw him, but I still wanted to feel his warmth.
    After Hansol climbed out of the car, closing the door to complete his exit- Jun Myeon began driving down that same country road that I had traveled when I first met him.
    The crop fields seemed endless but it was strangely relieving. Like I was going home to everything I knew. Back to happiness and love. Home.
    My eyes kept focused on the landscape- memorizing everything inside of my head before living inside of a house again for the rest of my life.
    "Forever..." I whispered quietly.
    Gasping, I suddenly realized that I could speak again. Quickly, I said something else. "Jun Myeon!" My hands traveled to my throat, massaging it as I inhaled a deep breath.
    "Jieun!?" Jun Myeon looked at me from the rearview mirror with surprised eyes. "You can talk again! I'm so happy!"
    A wide grin spread across my face with a little laughter. "I'm happy too! Now I can talk to everyone!" Although, talking made my throat feel dry, I loved it. I could finally say what I wanted to Sehyuk if I ever had the chance to talk to him again.
    My eyes fixated themselves back on the road- only to realize that we had already arrived at Jun Myeon's estate. The large gates that traveled all around the house looked the same. The scenic gardens that surrounded it all looked the same. Nothing had changed for the worse.
    I hurriedly climbed out of the car as Jun Myeon parked it. I inhaled a deep breath of the air around me. The scent of flowers filled my lungs. It was so crisp and refreshing. No more smelling the antibiotics at the hospital.
    "Hey, what are you doing?" Jun Myeon's arm slipped around my shoulder and he grinned at my silliness.
    I craned my neck to look up at him, staring into his eyes with a big smile. "I'm just refreshing myself. I missed this place- I missed you." My face was flushing to a rosy pink, but I didn't care. I had been wanting to tell him that since the day I was taken away.
    "I missed you too, Jieun." Like he used to, Jun Myeon placed his lips on my forehead, softly kissing it and then looking back at me with the angelic smile that I loved. "I'm happy to have you back here."
    He was sweet as always. A caring touch. A tender kiss. A loving gaze. He was absolutely perfect. My angel.
    "Can I just say something? I feel like I've been waiting to say this since we first kissed." Jun Myeon asked. He took his arm off of me and stood in before me. Our hands clasped on to each other's and our fingers interlaced.
    "What is it?" I looked at him curiously.
    Before speaking, he cleared his throat and pursed his lips inward nervously. "I just want to say that I'm glad to have met you. Ever since you became my wife, I feel like my life has become more beautiful. Much brighter, in some ways." He released hold of one hand and caressed my face softly. "The moment I saw you in your wedding gown, my heart felt like it stopped momentarily. You looked so beautiful. Even more than all of the flowers in my garden."
    "Jun Myeon," I smiled sweetly. "I'm happy to have met you too. I--"
    "I love you, Lee Jieun." He interrupted me with the three beautiful words that girls always longed to hear. The three words that meant commitment and trust.
    "I love you too, Kim Jun Myeon."
    All that we could do was smile at each other. The wings of my heart began to flutter- and I'm sure his were too.
    "Let's get back inside?" He began pulling me toward the house.
    "Yes." I nodded with a light sigh. Our two hands, already laced together, gripped even tighter. Was this what happiness was? It was dreamy and bubbly.
    If it was a dream, I don't think I ever wanted to wake up.