Prologue

Topp Dogg x EXO

    "We must save ourselves..." He heard the family members murmer from inside the meeting room. "We must succeed... Plan..." Their whispers became nearly inaudible, so he placed his ear to the paper door.
    A sudden slam on the meeting table perked his attention.
    "Brothers and sisters! We have been bought out by the EXO business group!" His eyes squinted suspiciously as the head of the household shouted to other family members. Again, the head let out his protective roar. "By giving a sacrificial bride to the EXO business group president's son, we have the chance to save ourselves from becoming ruined!"
    Sacrificial bride?
    "The girl that we have decided upon is," The head cleared his throat and strained his voice. "My one and only daughter, Lee Jieun."
    Voices echoed throughout the room in debate of whether the heiress should be given away or not. Men and women felt sorry for the small girl, unable to protect her from the unforgiving marriage contract she had been put in.
    But through all the noise in the meeting room, the boy sitting outside with his ear to the paper door slammed his fist to the ground in anger. Now, he had absoluetely nothing left of this household and its family. The only thing he was staying for had just been given away as a greedy sacrifice to save their name and their money.