Weekly Idol (Part Six)

BP Story Entertainment New Group! ~Mix Well~ (Story Starting)
Weekly Idol
October 21, 2014

"Come on, Seong Woong-sshi, we don't have all day," Hyungdon said.

With no other choice, Seong Woong finally did some aegyo poses though it didn't look awkward at all as the two hosts had anticipated. "Not too bad," Defconn said, nodding his head as he watched Seong Woong who had a proud look on her face as she went to the back.

Only Jin and Ahreum are left and the hosts were anticipating their performance. "Jin should go first," Eugene said. "I say she's almost on par with Ahreum but if you see her aegyo first, you'll understand that she's the beginning level of aegyo compared to Ahreum's."

As soon as she was asked to do it, Jin immediately displayed a series of aegyo poses. They were the same poses that the other members did but for some reason, Jin's were a lot more exaggerated than the others. "Stop!" Defconn said. "My god...if their aegyo was level one, yours must be level ten."

"That means I'm good, right?" Jin asked and did one more aegyo pose as if to celebrate victory.

"Now for the last person, Ahreum-sshi," Hyungdon said. "I'm really looking forward to her aegyo. Now that Eugene-sshi has been telling us about how she's the extreme, I want to see how extreme she can be."

Ahreum stepped up and Eugene was waiting with her plastic hammer. "One plus one is gwiyomi. Two plus two is gwiyomi." As soon as Ahreum started the Gwiyomi song, the hosts groaned as they watched her explosive aegyos that were a little over the top. Before Ahreum could continue any longer, Eugene stopped her by hitting her on the head with her plastic hammer. "Ow! Okay, I'll stop!"

"She was acting cute then," Danny laughed.

"Uwah...you're not joking," Hyungdon said, looking at Eugene. "Her aegyo is seriously no joke. How can someone be so...I'm like overflowing with sweetness right now. Does she do that on a daily basis?"

"She does it all the time," Eugene said. "No matter how many times I hit her, she still does it."

"Uwah...seriously," Hyungdon muttered softly. "Right...so Eugene-sshi is definitely choosing Ahreum-sshi as the one with excessive aegyo. The guys need to choose one with the best aegyo."

"I think we're all okay with their aegyo apart from Ahreum's," Changsun said. 

Ahreum went up to her member and started hitting Changsun on his back. "Take that back! My aegyo is perfectly fine!"

"Oh look, Ahreum's profile is next," Hyungdon said, returning to the show after the aegyo was over. "Jung Ahreum, twenty-two years old, main rapper and dance. Special talent is solving a Rubik's cube in a minute. Cannot work out technologies."

Defconn immediately pointed to her profile and looked at Ahreum. "Is this true?" he asked. "You can solve a Rubik's cube in a minute? I can barely do one side in my entire life."

"I think we have a video of that," Ahreum said. "I did it quite recently, actually. One of the members recorded me doing it. I was just trying to break my old record." As Ahreum spoke, she got her phone off her manager and frowned at her phone for a while, trying to find her video. 

She walked over to Eugene and her friend helped her, finding the video that Ahreum wanted to show the hosts. "You really can't work out technologies. You don't even know how to work your phone," Hyungdon commented, taking her phone and watched the video. "Uwah, this is real. You used exactly one minute," he said, watching the video. 

"Have you ever thought of joining competitions?" Defconn asked. "You can train yourself and join competitions. They have a lot of those around the world. Why did you become an idol instead?"

"That's where my passion lies. I've always wanted to perform," Ahreum said, taking her phone back. "Rubik's cube is just a hobby of mine."

"Just a hobby?" Hyungdon asked, not believing what Ahreum just said. "You solve it in a minute and it's just a hobby of yours? A lot of us spend our entire lifetime trying to solve and will probably never ever solve it and you're telling me now that it's just a hobby?"

"You should still take some time to train and beat your record," Defconn said. "If this idol thing doesn't work out, you can still be famous by solve the Rubik's cube the fastest in the world or something."

Ahreum smiled softly and nodded, saying that she would consider their suggestion. "Uwah...seriously, just a hobby..." Hyungdon mumbled as he was moving onto the next profile. "Kim Jinseok, twenty-two years old, main dancer. Special talent is dancing. Is close with a lot of idols. Ah, that's a fairly normal profile. Since it says dancing is your special talent then I suppose we'll see you dance. Where's Jinseok?"

Jinseok raised his hand, looking at his own profile. "Ah, another quiet one," Defconn sighed, shaking his head. "Learn to speak, guys. This is a variety show."

"Shall we see you dance then, Jinseok-sshi?"

Getting up from his chair, Jinseok moved into the middle without saying anything and once the music played, he started dancing. "This is called dancing," Defconn said, pointing at Jinseok when he finished before looking at Changsun. "Changsunnie, you see? That's dancing."

"I know! I know!" Changsun said, embarrassed that the hosts were picking at him.

"Jinseok-sshi, which idols are you close to?" Hyungdon asked. "Do the members get jealous that you're close with so many idols, by the way?"

"I know that hyung is close to Exo," Ace said. "I don't know if it's all of them but I see hyung talking to them before backstage before we performed. I'm a little jealous. Hyung just goes around and talk to other idols and most of us just stand there awkwardly."

"Then you should learn from him," Defconn pointed out. "Go out and socialise with others."

"I can't...we're still newbies," Ace said, shaking his head. "We can't just talk to the sunbaenims."

"I'm sorry but this is now Jinseok-sshi's time," Hyungdon said, interrupting. "I asked Jinseok-sshi something and Ace just in and answered for him. Now it looks like we're interviewing you. Quiet members of the group, this is how you get yourself screen time. Right, Jinseok-sshi? Dashiel-sshi? Answer me."

Instead of a proper answer, all Hyungdon got from the two guys was a nod in reply. He sighed and shook his head. "Ryeom Kyongzoo, stage name Logan, twenty-two years old, main vocalist and rapper. Special talent is playing the piano and guitar (self taught). Would be an author if he wasn't accepted as a trainee." Defconn just continued on since they weren't getting anything else out of Jinseok, looking over to Logan. 

"Seriously, these kids...all of you have a lot of aspiring careers but you all chose to be idols. Don't you know that this is a very competitive industry? Why did you all choose to be idols?"

"My mum told me to try." Logan was soft spoken but he still spoke and looked at the hosts a little shyly.

"Your mum told you to audition and you just blindly went with what she said? Did you ever told her that you wanted to be an author instead?" Defconn asked. 

"But I like singing too," Logan said softly.

"I like this guy. You're very shy, aren't you?" Hyungdon asked, looking at Logan like he was a child. Logan nodded and Hyungdon squealed. "Ah! So cute~ Don't worry, I won't eat you. At least you're talking. You'll be going places, Logan-sshi."

Defconn looked at Hyungdon as if he was going crazy. "Why are you like this suddenly? Are you a Logan fanboy now?" Everyone laughed a little when they heard Defconn's comment. "You're usually only like this with the girls. What's with you today?"

"Ah...don't be like this. We have to encourage the younger generation. It's hard for him to speak. I'm just encouraging good behaviour."

"I'm not a dog," Logan suddenly said.

"What? We know you're not," Hyungdon said. "Ah...I didn't mean it that way. I'm just trying to help you into the world of variety. Understood? I'm not saying that you're a dog. Fans, please don't misunderstand!"

"Before Hyungdon gets the entire fandom angry, let's move on," Defconn said. "This is the last profile. Choi Soojin, stage name Jin, twenty years old, main rapper and composer. Special talent is baking. Would be a football player if she wasn't an idol. Football? That's very different from performing on the stage."

"I just like doing sports," Jin said. "But music has been something that I love a lot so here I am."

"Have you ever thought of wanting to quit as an idol and train to be a football player instead?" Hyungdon asked. "I think you would make a lot more money as a football player."

"Now that I'm doing this, I never thought of being a football player anymore," Jin confessed. "Performing is very fun. I like it a lot. Practices are hard but I have my members with me. I don't think I would choose differently if I was given the choice."

Defconn gave Jin a thumbs up. "That's the best answer. Your company better cherish you now. Because of what you said, they might give you more jobs from now on. Your members will love you very much."

"Of course they will. I'm Choi Soojin," she grinned softly, giggling. 

"Do you bake a lot for the members?" Hyungdon suddenly asked. "Are you really good at it?"

"I know quite a few recipes and I do bake for the members whenever I can," Jin nodded. "Maybe I can bring some for you next time we come on the show."

Hyungdon smirked a little. "Is that you asking shamelessly for us to invite you onto our show again?" he asked. "You know what? For the sake of having something to eat, I promise you that we'll be inviting you on soon again.

"Really? Then I'll bring some cookies next time."

"I'll hold you to that," Hyungdon grinned. "Well, with the last profile done, that's it. Usually we play a game with you but there was sixteen of you so the profile writing took all the time. We'll play a game with you the next time we see you."

"It's been really nice to have you on the show. Dashiel-sshi, would you like to talk about your experience on the show?"

Caught off guard, Dashiel looked at Defconn and opened his mouth but nothing came out. "Um...it's been very nice."

"That's what I said," Defconn frowned. "Jinseok-sshi? What about you?" All he managed to get from Jinseok was a mere nod of his head and Defconn sighed. "Well then, until next time."