Epilogue

My Angel

Taemin~

(Ten Years Later)

(A/N: please keep in mind that they are aging by angel years)

“Isn’t this a human tradition?” his father questioned. Taemin closed his eyes and sighed for the umpteenth time that day. His father had later accepted the fact that Naeun - a former human - was now a half Dark, half Light angel, as well as his son’s girlfriend.

Now, she was his fiancee.

Still, his father was a little reluctant to accept little things.

“You know that she hasn’t yet grown out of the human way of life. It’s actually quite pleasant in the Middle,” Taemin attempted to defend her as he fixed his bowtie.

“But we already had the Korean traditional style wedding. Now she wants the Western style, too?” Taemin’s dad continued to complain.

“Appa! You’re starting to sound like Key, and that’s not a compliment,” Taemin whined, turning to face his father just as the door opened.

“That’s not something you should say about your best man,” Key snapped. “Oh, for the love of the Light, Taemin, I just styled your hair. How did you go and screw it up again?”

“You’re one of my best men,” Taemin corrected. It was hard to choose between his four hyungs and Kai, so he decided to call of them his best men. Naeun had left behind the people she knew, so she only had her mother at her lineup. Taemin had felt guilty at first for taking her away from the Middle, but she had assured him that she didn't have many friends to begin with. As Key played around with the way Taemin’s hair flipped, Minho walked into the room. He looked tall and handsome, as always, in his suit.

“How do humans handle these clothes? I’m so stiff, and my wings are killing me. Oh, wait, they don’t have wings.” Minho groaned as he stretched his back.

“Key, you didn’t give Minho the one with the slits for your wings?” Taemin asked, turning to show how his own wings protruded from his suit.

“Maybe I wanted to see him suffer a bit before making him change outfits. Maybe,” Key said offhandedly.

“YAH!” Minho shouted, lunging for the feline-eyed male. "Do you realize how long it took me to put on this freaking suit?!" They were chased out of the room by Taemin’s dad, leaving him alone . . . until Kai came in. He smiled at Taemin, eyeing his suit.

“You look less ugly today,” Kai noted. His grin grew when Taemin rolled his eyes. “And I saw Naeun . . . she looks beautiful, you know.”

“Oh, I know. You don’t have to worry yourself over her; you have Krystal now, right?” Taemin teased. It was Kai’s turn to roll his eyes, but his chest puffed up a bit with pride. Krystal was a Light angel who had befriended Naeun. On the day of their engagement announcement, Kai and Krystal had (awkwardly) hit it off.

“Well, have fun. I’ll be waiting to see you trip down the aisle,” Kai chuckled with a wave as he left the dressing room.

“Okay. I can do this. I’m ready,” Taemin repeated as he eyed himself warily in the mirror.

~~~~~~~

She looked stunning walking down the walkway of white tulip petals, even with her arm hooked around the Dark Lord’s elbow. Naeun gave her father a small smile before letting go to join Taemin. Taemin loved how her wings contrasted exquisitely from her white dress, a lovely spin of light and dark.

“You look beautiful,” he murmured. Naeun’s smile widened as her eyes raked over Taemin.

“You look handsome,” she complimented him back.

stuff taeun wedding

(one or the other, your choice)

When they both turned to the front, Taemin felt his mouth stretch with a proud grin at the “oohs” and “aahs” Naeun’s wings summoned. His eyes darted over to catch her look down and blush. At first, Naeun’s existence was ignored by many. After several years, though, many began to accept and even look up to her, especially her wings. She was glad to see that their wedding was full of Dark angels as well as Light angels. In the front row were the rest of EXO, Kai and his hyungs on Taemin’s right.

It had taken Naeun a while to get used to her wings. Taemin had had tons of fun watching her struggle to fly in a straight line, even more taking turns and doing tricks. Naeun hadn't yet fully forgiven her parents for leaving her like that, and putting her through all that trouble of being reborn and pushed on in pain either. However, after a while, Naeun let herself open up just a little bit. "It's the only way it'll keep peace moving," she had told Taemin, and he was proud of her for doing that.

At the end of their vows, Taemin turned and pressed a confident kiss onto Naeun. When he opened his eyes, he was brought back to the world where there was more than just the two of them, where his guests applauded the ceremony and cheered the couple on.

“I love you,” Naeun said shyly, but her eyes twinkled, showing that her words were genuine and strong. Taemin chuckled and pecked Naeun’s forehead.

“You are my angel,” he whispered.

Naeun~

(6 years later)

"Oh, no. Oh, no!" Naeun squeaked, gripping Taemin's sleeve. He calmly rubbed his thumb over the palm of her hand and nodded as the doctor continued speaking. "Taemin, what are we going to do?!" Taemin turned his perfect smile to Naeun, and he sat down on the stool beside Naeun to look her straight in the eye.

"Naeun, honey, it's fine. Aren't you excited that you're pregnant?" Taemin's smile fell a bit. "Do you not want a child?" The doctor took that as a sign for him to leave. "Naeun?" Taemin put his hands on his wife's shoulders as she continued to stare into space with a stricken expression. "Naeun!" Her eyes darted back to Taemin. "Are you afraid?"

"Are you crazy?" she snorted, surprising Taemin. "I'm afraid, sure. But not for myself - for you." Taemin raised one eyebrow and tilted his head, waiting for Naeun to continue. "First of all, you are going to have to deal with a lot before I even have the child. Pregnant women are scary, Taemin! I will turn complete Dark angel on you throughout the next several months. Oh, and the baby? You can't even keep track of your own clothes, Tae. I'm sure you're going to put the child down and forget where you left her - him. Whatever. Also, who do you think is going to learn about this?"

"Huh? The baby?" Taemin questioned. Naeun stared at him, dipping her chin down and raising her eyebrows in answer. "Um, my hyungs in SHINee? EXO? My parents? Your-" He broke off suddenly, his mouth wide open in a shocked gasp.

"Continue, please," Naeun urged him dryly.

"Y-your parents . . .?" Taemin finished weakly.

"Mhm. Yeah. Good luck dealing with the wrath of my father, Taemin, otherwise known as the Dark Lord." Naeun patted Taemin's back with her sweet smile before hopping off her chair and leaving the doctor's office with a skip in her step.

Taemin~

(9 months later)

Taemin gently rocked Tae-Hyun on one knee while Naeun held Nam-Kyu in her arms. She was still lying in the hospital bed, and she was nearly asleep. Taemin yawned and leaned his head back, chuckling slightly.

"Wow. Twins," Taemin murmured tiredly. He leaned forward and took Nam-Kyu lightly from Naeun. "Try to sleep," he told her softly. Naeun let her head fall to the side, but she kept her eyes open stubbornly and smiled softly at Taemin.

"Twin boys," she added. She stretched her back and winced, smoothing out her wings. "Are my parents still here?"

"They left a while after you went to sleep before. They just wanted to check on the babies before going out to do their ruler stuff," Taemin assured her. "My parents left, too." Taemin put the children so that they rested on his one arm so he could use the other hand to pet Naeun's head, brushing away her hair.

"Be careful holding them like that," Naeun warned him, but she closed her eyes and leaned into his touch. Taemin reluctantly went back to properly holding the newborns. (Naeun knew he wasn't going to be the most responsible father). After a while, a nurse came in to take the twins for a cleanup. Naeun pouted slightly, and Taemin chuckled as he petted her head again.

"Don't worry, they'll be back," he . Naeun sighed, but she nodded.

"Aren't the boys supposed to be coming . . .? Soon . . ." Naeun's words trailed off as sixteen boys spilled into the room. "Nevermind." She grinned at the Light and Dark angels. Everytime they all met up together like this, she was reminded of the time they spent in the Middle. However, they all seemed much more fond and free together. Also, they had no problem in letting their wings crowd up the space even more. "You guys seem a lot older than the last time I saw you."

"Hah!" Xiumin gasped. "Now that she's had the taste of the angel life, she thinks she can put down our appearances."

"There's nothing wrong with mine," Key protested, and Kris snorted in agreement.

"I meant you guys look more mature, please, but now I'm rethinking that," Naeun laughed, leaning tiredly against Taemin's chest when he sat on the bed. It was true; they had grown up a bit as men, from the experiences in the middle and finding a few love interests . . . Speaking of which -

"Guess what?" Kai told them with a mischevious grin. He held up a black envelope with cream-colored lettering across the paper. "Wedding invitation." Everyone immediately went crazy, jumping around and demanding explanation. Naeun only nodded as she took the paper, Krystal having told her this information beforehand, and Naeun had told Taemin. Apparently, they had skipped the whole engagement ceremony part due to both of them being too lazy.

"Congrats," she said with a smile. She and Kai, after a few awkward years, had made up quite easily. "I knew you wouldn't have the guts to do it, but it's not all that weird for the girl to ask the guy nowadays."

All eyes immediately turned to Kai again, including Taemin's. Naeun hadn't told him about that.

"What?" Onew voiced flatly. Kai's face turned red and he swiftly hid his face behind his stack of wedding invitations.

"I didn't know, okay? In angel years, it wasn't that long since we dated, but I guess a few human years is saying something? Geez, Naeun, I think you affected her since you got married just before," Kai whined. "I was planning to ask her sometime, honest. I was so embarrassed!" Naeun grinned cheekily.

"It's not my fault. Taemin and I have known each other since I was a little girl, Kai." Her expression turned serious, but she couldn't help but have twitch at the corners with amusement. "Next thing you know, you guys will be having kids like us," she deadpanned. Kai looked genuinely horrified at the thought of that as the rest of them burst out laughing. He smiled bitterly as he was shoved around by his friends.

"Wait until you dorks have to be put through this," he muttered. "It's like I went from a ten-year-old to a thirty-year-old."

"Mm, more like from a newborn to a ten-year-old," Taemin admitted with a shrug. Kai punched his shoulder, but his smile was genuine now.

"Whatever. The wedding's next year; it'll take a lot of planning. See you there!"

Taemin~

(2 years later)

Taemin watched in shock as Naeun tried to hold back an angry Krystal.

"Two years, Kim Jong In. It took two years for this wedding to actually happen, but I let it go. But now you forgot where the wedding rings were?!" Krystal shrieked hysterically. Naeun patted her friend's back.

"Shh, it's okay. It's just the before-wedding 'hype,'" she explained the two nervous boys in front of her. "Um, Kai, I suggest you go look for those rings are while I get Krys here ready. The groom can't see the bride in her dress!" Taemin immediately began to hussle Kai out of the room, hurrying before there was a homicide.

"How'd you screw up so bad?!" he hissed as Krystal slammed the door behind them. "You lost the rings, man?! How much did they cost?" They were speed-walking down the banquet hall, trying to think of where Kai could've left the precious rings.

"A-A lot. I knew they were expensive, though, so I gave them to Suho!" Kai assured Taemin. Taemin stopped walking.

"Did you just say you gave the rings to Suho?"

"Yeah! I knew I would be nervous and probably lose them, so I gave them to my leader a few days befo - oh."

The wedding went smoothly.

Kai wasn't murdered by his wife, but he had been given a few slaps by her, as well as Taemin.

Taemin sat next to Naeun during the whole thing, each of them holding one of the twins in their hands. Taemin smiled as he looked down at the woman sitting next to him. First, her smiling her eyes. Then her lips. Then the young face of the restless child she carried in her arms. Then the small bump at her belly pushing at her light dress, showing signs of the child to come. This time, they had asked the doctor to tell them before the baby came. They didn't want anymore surprises.

It was a girl.

Her name was to be Eun Sun.

No POV~

(50 years later)

"Tae-Hyun and Nam-Kyu sure have gotten big. It's still awfully weird to have a child grow so slowly in my arms with each passing human year," Naeun murmured into Taemin's chest. He was hugging her as they sat outside on their balcony. Naeun couldn't stop talking about the kids since they left them with Kai and Krystal to babysit. Krystal was trying to convince her husband that children weren't that hard to raise. However, it was nice to sit at home in peace and quiet for a bit.

"You get used to it," Taemin laughed, pressing his lips to Naeun's. She sighed into the kiss, leaning enthusiastically against Taemin. When they finally pulled away, she had a glint in her eyes.

"I can definitely get used to that," she promised him. Taemin grinned and pulled Naeun as close as possible to him.

My angel, he thought with a satisfied smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

sobs

I.

I.

I can't believe.

I can't believe it.

I thought.

I thought this story would last so much longer.

teary nope . . .

Okay, new goal

NEXT FIC MUST LAST ME LONG ENOUGH TO LET MY FEELS GO

Is this chapter long enough?

One of you wanted me to make the last one really long, but I don't think it was long enough.

When I saw that I finished typing it I was literally like

no. no. no. no. NO. NO. NO. NOOOO.

Well.

It was my first fic. I hope I will be able to look back on this story and see that I have improved.

I might go back to fix a few grammar mistakes.

My Angel was great while it lasted with me.

sad claps

Thank you so much, my lovely readers.

Please look forward to any future stories.

I will probably make another Taeun fic (idk) but after I make one story for every SHINee member first.

Because I love them all.

heehee

I don't want to end it.

I can't.

Ugh.

Must stop typing.

Ernghshroalejakfjalke.

byeeee

I love you all so much <3

-pannashawol