Drama Date

My Angel

Taemin~

Kimbap, tokkebi hotdogs, tteokbokki . . .

“Why are we buying so much street food?” Naeun asked nervously as Taemin stopped at the third stall.

“Hmm? I was watching some dramas last night for references, and there were so many montages of people walking through the streets and getting clothes, eating food, and playing with games . . . then at least one of the two fall in love with each other! Usually one person stares at the other without that person knowing, and I guess they consider that romantic,” Taemin explained proudly, popping a piece of kimbap into his mouth.

“What? That sort of stuff happens in the dramas for a reason, Taemin, uh, oppa.” Taemin smiled triumphantly. She was still awkward with calling him oppa. From the dramas, he knew now that it could also be a good sign. For some reason. “Let’s start doing other stuff, okay? We have too much food already.”

Taemin looked at the stall they were in front of and his lips.

“Umm, let’s buy this hotteok thing first, please? It looks good . . .” Naeun did something he rarely got to hear - she giggled - and complied. Taemin happily took the pancake-looking thing and yelped as he did. DAMN, IT WAS HOT!

Taemin quickly dropped it into the bag of the other foods he’d bought and hissed, waving his hand back and forth. He started running around frantically, stopping at a random area in the street, and he held his hand in overdramatic agony.

“Are you okay?” Naeun asked worriedly, panting since she’d just caught up to him. She took his hand and started to blow on it softly. Taemin blinked, forgetting about his burn, and watched her lips pucker as she tried to cool down his skin. Naeun noticed his quietness and looked up to find him staring at her. She blushed. “What? Are you getting to that part in the drama where you start falling for the person?”

“I’ve always been in love with you,” Taemin answered simply. “I’m just waiting for you.”

Naeun fell silent when suddenly the old lady sitting on the mat next to them chuckled.

“Aigoo, you young kids in love are so cute,” she said. Taemin blinked and glanced down at the mat. She was selling a lot of bracelets and charms. “Would you like one? They’re supposed to be good luck for couples.”

Taemin looked enthusiastically at Naeun, who only stared back in confusion. Taemin decided to take her unfathomable expression as a yes.

“Thanks, ahjumma! We’ll look!” Taemin knelt down and tugged Naeun so that she was next to him. “Naeun, look around! Pick the one you like and I’ll buy it for us.” Naeun bit her lip, but she shuffled to the other side of the mat and searched compliantly.

“She’s not officially yours, is she?” the ahjumma asked quietly. Taemin hesitated before nodding slowly. “It’s okay. I can tell you guys both like each other.”

“R-really?” Taemin stammered.

“Yes. Even before you guys came to my good luck charms,” the ahjumma laughed. “Don’t worry, and don’t be scared to go for her. Oh, that’s 3000 won each.” The lady turned to Naeun, who was holding up two bracelets. She was squatting in a position so that her chin could rest on her knees and she supported herself on the balls of her feet. Taemin walked over to her and bent down, tilting his head to examine Naeun’s find.

There were two leather bracelets, one with a wing showing a female gender symbol, the other a male. Taemin smiled and took the two strings.

perfect couple bracelet

“I-I thought it suited our, um, situation well,” Naeun said.

“What type of situation are you talking about?” Taemin murmured lowly, making Naeun bury her face into her lap. Taemin stood up from his squat and grinned at the ahjumma, Naeun following suit. “6000 won is nothing compared to how much these bracelets mean to me. Here, keep the change.” Taemin handed the ahjumma the bills and bowed with Naeun before walking away.

Taemin put the female bracelet around Naeun’s wrist, and did the same for himself with the male one.

“Wah~” he praised, comparing their newly accesorized arms. “Perfect.” He turned to look at Naeun, and she was actually smiling. She looked so pretty doing that, really. Then he looked up at the sky, which was beginning to get dark. “Did you have fun on our first date?” Naeun cleared and looked around awkwardly.

“Um, you want me to anwser honestly? To sum it up, we bought tons of food, most of which we need to bring back for leftovers; you burned your hand on one of those foods, by the way, in case you forgot; and then we bought these . . .” Naeun stopped and smiled again, looking at her wrist.

Taemin waited worriedly for her to answer.

“Yeah. I had fun.”

 

Taemin~

School. School, school, school. Why did school exist?

“You’re saying that out loud,” Naeun whispered. They were in science, and she was his lab partner (of course). In this class, they had Minho and D.O., who were forced to pair together since both Naeun and Taemin were taken (not that D.O. wanted them as partners; they were just the only ones he knew) and they refused the flirty girls trying to get with them.

“How loud?” Taemin whispered back.

“Loud enough for me to tell you to please shut up,” Naeun replied calmly. Taemin couldn’t help but smile at her snarky comebacks. She always had one for every person, much like Key, but somewhat nicer. Taemin sighed. Mondays were the worst. “You’ve only been here for a little more than a week, and you’re already sick of school?”

“Mm,” Taemin answered dully, picking up a bottle of liquid and pouring it into a graduated cylinder.

“The directions said 5 milliliters. Not 50, Taemin.”

“Mm. It doesn't make that much of a difference.” Taemin sighed again and started to mix the liquids in the beaker. “When is this class ending? I want to go to lunch already.”

“Don’t you and the other guys need to have another meeting at lunch?” Naeun asked with a frown. Taemin nodded.

“That’s why I want to hurry.”

When the class finally ended, Naeun was dragged to the area behind the building where the two groups had spoken before.

“You’re finally here,” Xiumin mumbled. He was resting his head on Luhan’s lap, but got up professionally and stretched his arms. “Aish, seriously. Discussing plans to save you from being killed by angel lords are tiring.”

“Sorry,” Naeun replied sarcastically. Taemin noticed that Kai wasn’t acting awkward whenever he saw Naeun anymore. In fact, the freaking boy walked right up to the two and plopped on the other side of her. Taemin leaned forward and glowered at him.

“What? If we’re helping Naeun live, I want my fair share of Naeun Time,” Kai said matter-of-factly. Naeun flushed red.

“You two are so alike . . . shameless,” she muttered. Taemin pouted.

“Don’t say that I’m like him. I am nothing like him.”

“No offense, Minnie, but you guys could be twins,” Key stated. “Right?” Key looked at Jonghyun, who looked at Kai and Taemin then shrugged.

Anyways,” Onew said loudly. It was that rare moment when his leadership skills came out. “We all know that we have  exactly twenty days until our one-month deadline hits, right?” No one answered. “No one counted? Really? It’s all about the timing, people! Was I literally the only one paying attention to the numbers?”

Taemin had counted, but he didn’t like reminding himself of how little time he had left with Naeun. He didn’t know if he would be able to get more.

“Well, yeah, guys, wake up, we have a limited time until the big boys in the Light and Dark sides sprout their wings and come flying to most likely hunt us all down,” Onew said, clapping his hands slowly. “Good job. You guys totally let that fly over your heads.” He suddenly stopped clapping. “Whoa. UNINTENDED PUN. Get it? Because I said 'fly!'” Minho whacked his hyung over the head.

Thank you,” Kris groaned, rubbing his temples.

“What are you talking about?” Suddenly, three girls emerged from the side of the building. Naeun’s eyes widened. Da-yeon. (A/N: did anyone forget about that bratty human from the beginning? I forgot her, and I was the one who wrote her character out . . .) On either side of her were two girls who Naeun never bothered to care about, but they obviously were worth worrying about now.

“How long were you there?” Baekhyun demanded.

“Umm, since forever,” the girl with blond-dyed hair to her shoulders said. “Da-yeon eunnie heard you and Taemin talking, and we got curious.”

“Big whoop,” the girl on the other side of Da-yeon, with curly black hair in a ponytail said. Her eyes brightened. “Kris oppa!”

“Who are you?” Kris said dully. “You are not my style.”

“Nothing’s your style,” Suho muttered under his breath. “But I agree.” Naeun was wondering why the rest of them weren't freaking out; three humans had heard in on their plans and talking about them being angels. They were either going to be shunned, killed in fear, or put into mental hospitals. However, all the boys exchanged knowing glances. Kris, Jonghyun, and Sehun approached the girls easily.

You are my style,” Kris said deeply to Da-yeon, who turned red.

“I don’t know why he didn’t choose you,” Jonghyun said to the rejected girl.

“Noona!” Sehun said cutely to the blonde.

Suddenly, all three collapsed to the ground, and Naeun jumped.

“What did you do to them? Don’t tell me they fainted at your pathetic attempts of flirting!” Naeun gasped. The three boys turned to frown at her. “What?”

“We just wiped their memory of the last twenty minutes,” Jonghyun said.

“Really? I wiped the memory of the whole day and the one of these girls seeing me,” Kris said with a shrug. They turned to Sehun, who made his signature pout-slash-dumb face.

“I don’t remember how much I wiped out,” he admitted. "Maybe a week?" Jonghyun and Kris rolled their eyes and dragged the three passed out girls to the benches at the front of the building. When they jogged back, Suho suddenly clapped his hands together.

“That’s what we should do! We should just use as many ways as we can to erase Naeun’s memory of this whole situation! Angels overall! We’ve never actually tried everything. There could be other ways to knock the sense - I mean memory - out of Naeun.” The other members except for Kai, Taemin, and Naeun praised Suho’s idea. Naeun was staring off into nowhere, and Taemin wasn’t even sure what she was thinking. But when he looked at Kai, he understood what was in his past friend’s mind.

She would forget this? Them? Their existence?

Could they really do this?

And were they willing to?

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Oh, gosh. This update was later than I expected.

But I really want to thank you to those people who commented on my last chapter.

I didn't expect anyone to actually read this or support me.

I'm sorry for making you guys worry

jongyu sad

I was actually in a really bad mood today due to certain events, thus my late update

But when I saw your comments

You guys made me smile and I was actually crying

And it takes a lot to make me cry

sniffles

I also want to thank the silent readers and subscribers, of course

You all help me in writing this fic.

I was video chatting my friends while reading your comments and they were scolding me for crying

And then I started laughing so I ended up like

leeminho (I couldn't find a SHINee gif, so I'll use Lee Minho <3)

So after I read your lovely comments, I was writing my chapter like this

The

Whole

Time

stay strong! yeh! yeh!

Thank you!!!

I really love you all <3

-pannashawol