Different ~ Day

My Angel

Taemin~
“You shouldn’t have come, Minho! She spotted you because of your height!” Suho cursed. Minho shot him his signature glare.
“No, it was your ugly face!” he tossed back. Suho shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest.
“Let’s not worry about who caused Naeun to catch us, because we’re currently stuck in a stranger’s backyard, guys,” Onew pointed out.
Taemin rubbed his face wearily and hopped over the bed of roses in front of him; Lay and Minho had already trampled the corner of the flowers. He unlocked the gate and peeked out. Naeun was setting down some dusty vases on a blanket. She was frowning and kept looking up at the roof of the house they were hiding behind. He groaned and turned back to glare at the four boys who had followed him.
“I shouldn’t have brought them . . .,” he mumbled to himself.
~~~~~~~
“Taemin, quit moping. There’s six more days until the forces come over, and then we have to split. Don’t you want to hang out a bit more, before we have to be enemies again?” Kai sighed, nudging Taemin. All seventeen of them had gone to the food court. It might’ve looked a bit suspicious with a huge group of young men wearing hoodies to cover their faces, but Taemin could care less.
“I’m sorry, Kai, but I don’t feel like it. You guys can go without me. I just want to eat.”
“Stop acting like a girl on her period, Tae!” Key nagged, but Taemin knew he did that out of concern. He smiled at his friends and shook his head.
“No, I’m actually really hungry. We haven’t really been eating food since we camped out on the roof, hyung.” Key bit his lip and fell back in his chair, tugging at his recently died hair; blond with black streaks.
“Um, guys? It might just be my eyes, but I think I see Naeun,” Xiumin said loudly. Taemin jerked his head up. Damn. That was definitely her.
“She’s with that girl from the garage sale!” Lay exclaimed.
“Get up, guys! I have a feeling we should be running right now?” Minho hollered. Big mistake. Naeun was turning towards them with a small frown. The boys immediately sprinted and disappeared into the hall with the bathrooms and exit; except for Taemin. He couldn’t help it; he hesitated for a split second, just to see her a bit longer, and then he vanished away with the rest of the forbidden angels.
Naeun~
She needed help. She kept seeing him, his face, everywhere, and it made her chest ache harder every time. Naeun rubbed her hands on her knees nervously as she tried to keep her eyes at the front of the classroom. The students had given her trouble at first, since she was so close to all of them, but then the buzz faded. It was Tuesday, Febuary 10th. Naeun but her bottom lip nervously and stared down at the ground. Usually, she prayed that she wouldn't have another hallucination of Taemin. But today was different. She wanted to see him now. 
Today was a special day . . .

Taemin ~
"TELL ME TODAY'S DATE AGAIN?!" Taemin demanded, grabbing Kris by the collar of his leather jacket and shaking him.
"Yah! What the heck?! It's Febuary 10th!"
Taemin collapsed back on the roof and let out a pitiful whine. Kris rubbed his neck and glares at the flailing boy.
"What's up with you and Febuary 10th? Whatever it is, don't take it out on me!"
"It's her birthday . . . It's her birthday, hyung!" Taemin cried, whirling on Onew this time. His leader raised his eyebrow and leaned back as his young friend continued to writh in regret.
"Naeun's?" From the exasperated look on Taemin's face, it was a stupid question. "Oh. What can we do? We can't exactly throw a surprise party. Well, we can. She'd definitely be surprised. Probably faint or cry and pummel one of us in the face."
"I say we don't throw a surprise party then," Kai said dryly.
"I can't believe I'm not going to be there for her birthday," Taemin mumbled, running his fingers dejectedly through his black strands of hair. He actually felt like crying, and for once, he wasn't ashamed of shedding his manly image. Minho sat down next to Taemin, long legs swinging off the roof. "I , hyung. I'm probably like the freaking Lucifer to her now." (A/N: AAHAHAHAAaaaaha...ha. Reference. *fades into lonely non-existence again*)
"Why don't you just give her a bunch of tiny gifts?" Minho offered. Taemin blinked away his blurry vision and stared at Minho with a quizzical expression. "Little surprises she wouldn't notice. Or she would notice, but not question. Like that broken post on her porch. You could fix it. Or close the draft from that one window with the broken screen so no bugs would come in." Taemin slowly sat up, straighter and straighter with every word. "She'll think it's just her lucky day or something, right?"
"I'm not sure if Naeun noona is that gullible, but . . . let's try!" Sehun cheered. "We'll all help, right?" A few groans came from the Dark angels, but Taemin ignored it. Key immediately began dishing out orders on what everyone was to do, and Taemin let out a relieved sigh. He was going to celebrate Naeun's birthday. Not the way he wanted to, but it was for her.
Taemin took his orders and hopped off the roof. But there was one extra thing he wanted to do . . .
Naeun~
She noticed the fixed piece of wood on her porch. She noticed that the lawn seemed especially free of weeds. She vaguely acknowledged the fact that her house no longer had the slight breeze from the kitchen window. Speaking of which, her kitchen was clean.
Naeun definitely noticed the fresh flowers in her backyard. She let her fingertips brush the red tulip petals lightly and shakily. She knew who could've done it. But that was impossible. Naeun kept herself on her toes, looking out for any more small though pleasant changes in her environment.
For some reason, her feet began to carry her to the woods. Maybe she just wanted to soak in the sun, bathe in the warmth where her memories could still thrive . . . Naeun arrived at the pond and in her breath, her hands clamping over in shock.
In the middle of their special pond, a single white tulip floated upon the surface. And when she walked closer to stare at it . . . there were too tiny mushrooms tucked into the center. Naeun closed her eyes as hot tears she hadn't realized gathered fell down. She fell on her back in the soft grass, her hands still over . She let them fall to her stomach as she cried silently. She wasn't sure how Taemin or the other angels did all this, but she knew for sure that it was them.
"Taemin, you jerk," she murmured, squeezing her eyes tighter. Then, quietly, she faded into a deep sleep.
~~~~~~~
Her eyes fluttered open a few hours later. Naeun groaned as she sat up, the grunted when she stopped her movement. She looked down at herself, somehow unsurprised when she saw that the jacket at her front entrance was now draped over her.
They're still here. She was certain of it. Idiots. Why'd you make yourself so obvious? Now all she had to do was figure out where they were hiding.
She didn't know that they were right over her head.
Naeun stood up groggily and stumbled forward. She heard the slight rustle of leaves and jerked her head up. No way. A small voice in her head tried to tell her that they were watching over her, right - this - second. But the reasonable side, though not always right, said otherwise.
"If you guys are here and listening: screw you!" Naeun shouted angrily, storming back to the house and slamming the door. She slumped to the ground and held her head in place between her knees. The house seemed so much more empty now . . . Five more days, that was the day the battle was supposed to happen. Naeun's head snapped up. If the boys really didn't leave yet, that meant that she could probably catch them on that day. Where had they planned to go for the battle before?
Naeun sprinted into her room and threw open the closet, tossing clothes and miscellaneous junk aside. Why didn't I toss half of this stuff away at the garage sale? Naeun wondered as she stared at her old Hello Kitty blanket from third grade. She pulled out the box in the corner, the one that held all of the memories like the mushroom plushies and . . .
"Bingo!" Naeun cheered smugly as she retrieved the old map plans Kris has (horribly) drawn up at their meetings. He always insisted on drawing them out for some reason; everyone knew he wasn't very good at it. She unrolled the papers as though they were precious scrolls and ran her fingers over the sloppy lines. "The portal was supposed to open here at the coffee shop. Then we were going to meet up with the Darks by the park. They would join the two together at . . ." Naeun furrowed her brows. Was this when she wasn't at the meeting? "Right outside my house? The forest? They're kidding! They were going to have their huge battle within a mile of my home. Idiots . . ."
Naeun smiled despite her irritation. At least she had a theory. And maybe she was acting like a creepy stalker trying to get back her ex-boyfriend. Naeun stopped. Wait. They had never even officially become a couple. She sighed and threw the mushroom plushies across the room - only to walk over and pick it back up, of course. She was getting nowhere. Her eyes narrowed as she walked into the kitchen, and she began to throw open drawers. If she was going to find Taemin again, she was going to help.
Taemin~
"It's tomorrow. We're leaving tomorrow," Taemin said aloud, incredulous. "When I get there, my dad will probably have guardian angels all around me, making sure I don't start checking up on her. I don't think I'll ever see her again."
"We'll update you," Kai offered half-heartedly. There was honestly nothing they could say to bring back Taemin's bright smile, and they all knew that.
"I sort of don't want you ever seeing her if I can't. No offense. I might get desperate in the future though so maybe," Taemin admitted. Kai shrugged, rolling his eyes.
"You think they would still bring us back with armies? From both sides?" Chen mumbled. "I really don't want to have to fight."
"They probably will, thinking that I'll put up a fight. Or that we won't be able to erase her memories," Taemin replied. He cracked his knuckles, because he wasn't scared. He wanted to get it over with. He almost yelped when he heard the front door open, but he managed to stop himself. When Naeun had yelled at them in the forest, up at the trees, he'd really thought she'd seen them. But she didn't.
He was a bit disappointed.
"What is she doing?" Minho whispered, automatically unfurling his wings, ready to take off if she spotted them. The other angels followed, Onew grabbing Taemin's elbow due to his lack of his own wings. Naeun trudged out into the middle of the grass and looked around, pouting slightly. Taemin watched as she opened the bag she was clutching and dumped out its contents.
"What the actual heck?" D.O. whispered flatly. Taemin's eyes ran over the objects. Two pistols, a clip-point blade, a metal bat, and a very much huge gun that might've possibly been a laser.
"Is she trying to go out and murder us?" Luhan asked with a curious tilt of the head.
"We should probably fly," Jonghyun murmured as Naeun picked up a pistol, weighing it in her hand. She picked up the second one and aimed both towards the mailbox. 
All heads silmutaneously turned in that direction. There were three jars lined up, about two feet apart.
Jaws dropped as Naeun fired three continuous shots, each hitting the jars directly so that they broke with a high pitched crack. Naeun rolled her head and rotated her shoulders, frowning.
"I guess I still have some muscle memory," she sighed. She then proceeded to pick up each and every weapon and test it out. The angels all swallowed, trying to put up a manly front. They retreated farther on the roof casually.
"Do you remember any of this about Naeun?" Onew questioned Taemin, who shrugged.
"Her grandma put her in a lot of classes because of bullying but . . . I never saw her in action. I'm not sure why she needed shooting practice. Or why she's using it now."
"I am so not taking her food anymore!" Xiumin gasped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

I'm on mobile right now, guys. I was actually not going to update today, but I love you guys and this fic too much. The grammar and stuff is probably all wrong, so I'll edit everything tomorrow or something. :'( I think in my next fics, I'll update once every 3 days or every week because the whole everyday thing is a bit troublesome. Sorry for the y update today!

-pannashawol