You Bastard

My Angel

Naeun ~

Naeun played with the pink mushroom in her hands, an involuntary smile on her face. It was cute. She liked it. She heard the door open for the second night in a row, and she turned, thinking it was Taemin.

For some reason, she wasn’t uncomfortable with that.

But it wasn’t Taemin.

“Onew-ssi? I mean, Onew oppa,” Naeun corrected herself immediately. She smiled, a bit proud of herself. Onew flashed his infamous smile in return.

“You know, you’ve changed a lot,” he said, sitting on the chair at her desk.

“I have?” Naeun exclaimed. “How?”

“You’re . . . brighter. Happier,” Onew chuckled. “You were so cold back then, you know.”

“Really?” Naeun scratched her head. “Well, I’ve decided to just go with it. We have sixteen days left until fate screws around with us.”

“If that’s how you want to word it,” Onew replied. He paused. “I came here because I wanted to ask you . . .  try not to hurt Taemin anymore, please.” Naeun was quiet, but she squeezed the mushroom toy in her hands. “He’s trying. He’s trying so hard. As the leader of the group, it hurts to see our youngest beating himself up.”

“He’s not doing it to himself,” Naeun sighed, closing her eyes. “I am.”

“I’m not blaming you, Naeun-ah. But please consider his feelings at times,” Onew said seriously. “I don’t know what will happen when the time comes, but that’s not important. For now, just make him happy. I may seem like a nice guy, but if it hurts my family, then I will act like a leader.”

“Got it,” Naeun said dully. “Get out, now.”

“What?! Why are you talking informally to me? I’m way older than you, and not just by looks. I was alive before your great-great-great-great-great -!”

“Yah, you’re living in my house right now. And stop talking about how old you angels are; it’s weird. I’m sleepy.”  Naeun threw her  blanket around her so that she was wrapped like a burrito, glaring at the wall. She didn’t like remembering how much she hurt Taemin. And she didn’t like the mean Onew. His smile dazzling, yet his eyes piercing souls. She heard Onew chuckle again before shutting her door as he left - and then a voice stopped him.

“Yah, hyung! What were you doing in there?” Taemin’s voice gasped, his voice muffled; it sounded like he had a mouthful of toothpaste. Naeun felt the corners of twitch.

“Talking, why? Are you going to use the bathroom? Hurry, I need to shower.” Silence. “Yah, hurry and finish brushing your teeth! Why are you just standing there?”

“Why were you talking to Naeun? You can’t go into her room anymore without my consent! Never!” Taemin’s voice carried through the door. Naeun pressed her blanket over and turned towards the door in her blanket burrito, listening.

“I wasn’t even doing anything! Aish, seriously, so paranoid . . .,” Onew whined. “I’m showering now! You can finish at the kitchen sink, aigoo . . .”

“Old man Jinki!” Taemin shouted as Onew slammed the bathroom door. “I’m warning you!” Naeun closed her eyes, smiling. Babo.

~~~~~~~

“Are you all right? You look tired,” Naeun commented as she poured coffee into three mugs. She passed them over to Minho, Onew, and Jonghyun.

“Huh? No, I just had a weird dream,” Taemin answered, rubbing his eyes. He glanced at the dark brown liquid steaming in his friends’ cups. “Hyung . . . does it help?”

“Hm?” Minho murmured as he sipped the drink, eyes closed. He opened one eye to look at Taemin suspiciously. “Coffee?” Taemin nodded vigorously, the dark rings under his eyes insignificant to his adorably pouting face. Minho wrinkled his nose. “Well, when I first tried it, it was okay, but it does help, I guess. I’m not sure if you should try it though . . . yah!” Taemin picked up Minho’s mug and swirled it.

He took a quick swig, as if it were a shot, and squeezed his eyes shut.

“Wah!” he choked, his eyes shooting open. “That’s so bitter! Blech.” He wrinkled his nose as he pushed the mug back to Minho, who was muttering that he shouldn’t have tried it if he was going to be so negative. “I don’t think I want to discuss plans today, and I sure don’t want to discuss them with EXO.”

Taemin turned his pout on Naeun.

“Let’s go to the aquarium.”

“Eh?” Naeun exclaimed with the others.

“With all six of us, of course,” Taemin grumbled, resting his chin on his hands. “I just thought that it’d be nice to get a break from all this. Let’s ditch them, hm? Please~?”

“We’ll tell them before we go,” Naeun scolded Taemin, Onew nodding in agreement. “They usually arrive in 5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . .”

Ring Ding Dong!  (A/N: I couldn’t help it)

“I’ll get it!” Jonghyun offered cheerfully, jumping up and strolling to the front door. “We can leave these Dark Sharks to go see some real ones!”

“He’s so stupid sometimes,” Key sighed, banging his head on the kitchen counter.

“Naeun NOONA~!” a voice sang, and the youngest of the Dark angels raced in. Naeun smiled. For some reason, Sehun was really ecstatic when it came to greeting her. He seemed to like that he was the only one younger than her, oddly enough.

“Hi, Naeun,” Kai greeted first, and everyone else followed. Naeun sighed, nodding her head once. It really felt like they were all one group, not three different groups - Lights, Darks, and human.

“Why are you Light Bulbs staring at us like that?” Chanyeol noted, sinking into the couch. “Where are we going today?”

“You guys can go wherever,” Key said with a smirk. “We’re heading out on our own.”

“What?” Kai interrupted, straightening.

“We’re not going to have a meeting today. I think we talked it out enough for now,” Minho said. “The six of us are going to relax separately from you guys.”

“Me, too,” Luhan gasped. “Let me come, too!”

“No!” Taemin said immediately.

“If you won’t let us, we’ll just follow you,” Kai growled. “We still need to discuss-”

“Don’t bring up that as an excuse! You just want to meddle,” Taemin countered angrily.

“Just let them come,” Naeun in, twisting the side of her lips. “As long as we don’t talk about plans. I just want to have fun today, okay?” Taemin gave her a shocked look, but she ignored it. He suddenly grabbed her hand, and she raised one eyebrow. “What’s wrong?” she asked lowly. Taemin swallowed.

“I-I needed to tell you . . .” Taemin shook his head and looked at the ground. “Nevermind. Fine.”

Naeun stared at him suspiciously, but she nodded and gave everyone a small smile. “Aquarium?” she said.

Taemin~

***Flashback*** (Taemin’s dream)

It was Her, the Queen of the Light. In his dream?

Taemin immediately went on his knees and bowed. “Q-Queen,” he stammered. “How did you . . . ?”

“It’s not in an angel’s power. However, I managed to gain enough strength to connect to your mental passage,” She said calmly. She was literally radiating her brightness, Her glowing blond hair setting a glare towards Taemin. “How are you doing in the Middle?” He winced and stared at the ground. “Is she still as lovely as you remembered?”

“Must I answer that truthfully?” Taemin whispered. Silence. “Yes, ma’am.”

“I admit that I was harsh towards you before we . . . sent you off,” his ruler said slowly. Taemin held back a dry laugh. More like threw him away. “Is it true that you cannot erase her memory?” Taemin didn’t answer. “How peculiar for a human . . .”

“We can,” Taemin said involuntarily. He mentally cursed himself. Why had he said that?

“You can? Erase her memory?” she said with interest.

“We managed to let her forget some small things, but if we really focus, we can get her to forget everything. But I want to spend as much time with her,” Taemin said, his eyes sparkling as a plan formed in his mind. It sickened him, and it made him want to fall to the ground and scream in agony, but it was the only way . . . “Let me hang out with her until the end of our days together. On the last day, all the angels will combine and wipe out her memory. Easy. Then we’ll return without anyone dying. Right?”

“Well. I’ll have to discuss it with the Dark Lord . . . but I’m sure he’ll accept in return for the fact that he sent Dark angels over to the Light without my consent.”

“What? But our treaty-”

“Apparently didn’t apply since you fell in love with a human,” She cut in firmly. Taemin pressed his lips together and glared at the bottom of Her long flowing dress. “However, that problem was never officially ruled out, so I will convince him to keep things peaceful. I also . . . have something else I hold against him.” A strange, almost sad expression crossed over her face.

Taemin tried to control his trembling lower jaw. He knew he wouldn’t be able to erase her memory. But he also knew what he was going to do would hurt a lot more than her forgetting him.

***End of Flashback***

“Wah! Look at this!” Naeun exclaimed. “These jellyfish are so pretty . . .” Taemin smiled as she pressed her hands and face against the glass display of sea creatures. Off to the side, he could hear the other members going off on their own.

“Hey, look a hands-on part! Whoa, the water is cold!” Onew cheered.

“Can I pick this up? Really?” Sehun asked the aquarium volunteer. “Yehet. Look, hyung, I’m holding a starfish.”

“Whatever,” Kris scoffed. “Aquariums are not my - wah! Daebak! Are these sharks?”

Kai was silently following Naeun wherever she went, and Taemin jealously followed the both of them. All seventeen of them ended up sitting in a room, watching a diver feed the sea creatures in a large tank. Taemin closed his eyes and decided to take the chance. He quietly slipped Naeun’s hand into his and pulled her off into a hallway. She blinked at him in surprise.

“Taemin oppa . . .?”

“Naeun-ah.” Taemin put his fists on either side of her against the wall, staring straight into her eyes. “Forgive me.” And he pressed his lips against hers. He saw her eyes dilate in shock, but he squeezed his own eyes shut. When he felt her relax against the gentle kiss, guilt creeped into him, and he pulled back quickly.

“Wh-Why did you -?” Naeun stuttered, putting a hand to her chest.

First kiss. Only kiss. Last kiss, Taemin thought regrettably.  “I . . . just wanted to do that once.” Naeun gave him a confused glance before shaking her head and starting to walk away, but he stepped in front of her. “I’m going away.” She halted and stared at him.

“Away? Which exhibit?” Taemin shook his head. “You’re going home?” He shook his head again. “As in . . . the Light?” she asked slowly. He nodded once. “But. We have more than two weeks. Where are you going?”

“I want you to forget about me, and angels. Obviously, we can’t do that magically,” Taemin scoffed, falling back against the wall and staring at the ceiling. “But I want you to forget us . . . me . . . willingly.” Naeun laughed nervously.

“What are you talking about? Let’s go. Maybe we should discuss our plans and-”

“Stop it, Naeun. There aren’t any plans anymore. I’ll disappear, and spare you all this trouble, okay?” He smiled, trying to make it seem like it was all fine. When it wasn’t.

“What do you mean, disappear?” Naeun demanded, her voice hoarse.

“We’ll leave you. Drop out of the school. Go home. The angels will never know that your memory was actually never erased. So live a normal life. Fall in love with a normal guy. And forget about me.” Taemin stared seriously into Naeun’s eyes. “Because you’re never going to see me again.”

Naeun~

“Because you’re never going to see me again.”

And then he walked away, leaving her shocked in the empty hallway. When Naeun could move her feet again, she quickly walked over to where the others had been sitting. There were a lot more people now, crowding the railings around the seating area, and she strained to look.

Taemin was talking seriously to them, and Naeun watched in horror as understanding washed over their expressions. Even Kai. Her eyes followed the angels as they stood up slowly, depressed, and started to walk away.

“No . . . No!” Naeun shouted. People were staring, but she ignored them as she tried to push through the crowd. These stupid . . . they didn’t get the hint! “Move! Please!” She saw the angels notice her voice, look back, but she kept her eyes on Taemin. He turned his head slightly, and his eyes traveled toward her direction . . . but he didn’t look straight at her. Sideways, toward the ground. Then he shook his head and left quickly. Kai was the last one to leave, and he gave Naeun a long look as she struggled through the mob of people.

“Sorry,” he mouthed before slipping out of the exit. Naeun gasped and sprinted for the door. When she got out, she looked around.

Of course. They were angels. They must’ve flown off to who knows where.

The Light? A place she could never reach?

Naeun bit her lip and ran her hands through her chocolate-colored hair. Lee Taemin, you bastard . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Aaaaand end.

heheheeheh

Don't kill me.

Please. Hey, he may have just walked out Naeun forever (?)

BUT

They kissed.

Hehe.

AHAHAHAHA

So apparently one of my readers thought

I was a male.

If you look at my profile, I am a female, thank you very much

ummm... siiiigh...

But it's okay.

Because they're my reader.

And I love all my readers

saranghae <3

Thanks for reading, guys!

pyong

Yeeeeh, it's another one of my attempts at a gif

mmmm.... Engh.